Which actors/actresses need a "comeback" role?

mikeyh89

Civilian
Reaction score
Which actors or actresses do you think really need that big "comeback" role? Meaning, they either haven't been in the game lately or have not been at the top of their game and they need a role that will put them back on the map.

My personal choice is Meg Ryan. I know a lot of people don't seem to like her anymore, but she is very talented IMO. I saw not one but TWO direct to dvd Meg Ryan movies at Target the other day and I was baffled. What happened? I know she had that terrible plastic surgery but she's looking better lately and I would love to see her get more and/or better work. I heard she was good in "In the Land of Women" but that movie did not get great reviews. Either did "The Women", so yeah I would like to see Meg Ryan get a comeback role.

How about you all?

[Note: Sorry if this isn't the wrong forum to put this. I took a chance. Feel free to move or merge if necessary. :)]

Michael Keaton (reminded of him because Val Kilmer).

As I read the title for this thread I thought "Oh, Val Kilmer" then I enter the thread and the first post says Val Kilmer. :up:

Val Kilmer is my pick too...he´s and amazing actor who´s never been mainstreem really....well, except for Batman, but other than that, he´s always been kind of a "indie" actor, or am I wrong ?

Polux

As I read the title for this thread I thought "Oh, Val Kilmer" then I enter the thread and the first post says Val Kilmer. :up:
Seriously, look at what he's done this year. Knight Rider? Delgo? THE ****ING LOVE GURU?

How is it that out of the three stars of KKBB, two are doing major blockbusters and the other is lending his voice to the new Knight Rider? :csad:

Funny, I was talking about this just yesterday, I think Eddie Murphy is in desperate need of a comeback. He can be quite awesome, but he's done way too many kid movies, he needs to be in a movie where he can cuss his ass off.

Tom Hanks.

I'm serious.

The actor I think needs a comeback more than any other is Jodie Foster.

Michael Keaton. This guy deserves it.

Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer are good choices

I would also say Robert DeNiro

I wish micheal j fox might come back. i know he has heath problems. last moive i seen him in was the fright meers. i also seen in him disney cartoon called ATALINTS he plays in show called resuces ME. i didn't know that.

Kevin Spacey desperately needs a comeback. Remember when he was pretty much Universally loved and could do no wrong?

Swimming with Sharks
Usual Suspects
Outbreak
Se7en
A Time To Kill
LA Confidential
Midnight in The GArden Of Good And Evil

He did all of these IN A ROW!
Not to mention, The Negotiator, A Bugs Life and American Beauty.
Seems like as soon as he won the oscar for AB, he went off the rails a bit and lost his golden touch... Started making garbage like K-PAX, Pay It Forward and The Shipping News...

I dont consider K-PAX and Pay It Forward garbage. They are interesting character studies that he acted superbly in.

Jude Law though he'll probably have it soon enough with Sherlock Holmes.

Where has Jeff Goldblum been lately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"