The Amazing Spider-Man which era of peter's life should sony have gone with?

The era they've chosen, his high school era. It was hardly touched upon in Raimi's movie. So it won't feel like a repeat.

High school, but only if handled right.

I'd love to actually see a realistic progression of maturity in these characters throughout the franchise.

High school or college. You can do optimally story telling in those age brackets. Preferably I'd want the new trilogy to be this...

Film 1: High School/Becoming Spider-Man/Fight the Lizard
Film 2: Graduation/Starting College/Fighting villain I can't decide on.
Film 3: College Ending/Starting young adult life/Fighting Goblin/Losing Gwen/

its a tough one, in high school peter is introduced to a lot of his villians for the first time for example sandman but in college there are some absolutely classic stories like the death of gwen and lastly as an adult peter becomes a teacher and gets married.

High school is nice, But it would be nice if they tried an adult approach. This way they can intoduce a lot of characters and flashbacks. They can have a flash back to high school when he was bitten, they can have old allies and enemies such as black cat, kraven, and others. They could also have him as a teacher.

High school. From a strategic standpoint it allows the character room to grow without any pressure of trying to rush things. Also, many of peter's classic and most memorable battles where when he was in HS.

One of the best things about Spider-Man is that he got his powers when he was just a teenager. He wasn't a sidekick, but a hero on his own. We've got plenty of adult heroes, let's see some young guys kicking bad guy butt.

High school!
A kid handling powers like that and juggling it with girl troubles and making it to class is crazy...and so fun to watch...

Movie 1 - High school; 15 - 16
Movie 2 - High school; 16 - 17
Movie 3 - High school; 17 - 18
Movie 4 - College; 19 - 20
Movie 5 - College; 21 - 22
Movie 6 - College; 23 - 24
Movie 7 - Adulthood; 25+

Movie 1 - High school; 15 - 16
Movie 2 - High school; 16 - 17
Movie 3 - High school; 17 - 18
Movie 4 - College; 19 - 20
Movie 5 - College; 21 - 22
Movie 6 - College; 23 - 24
Movie 7 - Adulthood; 25+

Never would or could have happened even if Raimi's movies never existed. Unless you wanted a cheap, cartoony franchise like Twlight or SAW with crummy acting and effects. I think 4-5 films over 8-9 years, two covering highschool, two covering college, and one covering adulthood is the most you could ask for before you had to recast and reboot again.

Movie 1- 16 to 17 (High School Junior, Ock and Electro, falls for Gwen)
Movie 2- 17 to 18 (High School Senior, Green Goblin, Rhino cameo, Gwen dies)
Movie 3- 18 to 19 (College Freshman, Venom with Hammerhead cameo, falls for MJ)
Movie 4- 24 (College graduate, Fisk, Harry/Hobgoblin, Kingsley/Hobgoblin, Harry dies)
Movie 5- 25 (The Jackal, Kaine, Marries MJ, Green Goblin returns at the climax)
Movie 6- 26 (Norman Osborn, The Sinister Six)

Film series spans 10 years (storywise, not neccessarily in real time), and doesn't spend too long or too little in one era.

I don't see the need to move backwards. Spidey has been out of high school for more than 30 years realtime.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT "ULTIMATE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I truly feel that that line has done more harm than good to the characters, & I don't want movies based off of it.

BUT THE MOVIE WILL PROBABLY END UP THE ULTIMATE ROUTE
which hopefully is done right..cause i prefer 616 over ultimate
but i prefer ultimate over raimis films.

High school, like they're doing. We already saw adult Peter trying to keep a job, maintain a relationship, and pay the rent. Teen Spider-Man problems are fresh. (At least on film.)

He should only be in high school for the first movie.

Adulthood. I'm tired of the way that they're constantly trying to de-age Spidey in everything.

High school, like they're doing. We already saw adult Peter trying to keep a job, maintain a relationship, and pay the rent. Teen Spider-Man problems are fresh. (At least on film.)

And what are they?

Trying to keep a job, maintain a relationship and pay the rent (The job was to help May pay the bills).

But at least if things go Stan's route as opposed to Ulrimate, we don't get the whiny/brooding teen crap that we constantly see nowadays.

I don't see the need to move backwards. Spidey has been out of high school for more than 30 years realtime.

when I think of spidey I think of him in high school, that kind of got rubber stamped on my brain when I saw the best ever incarnation (outside of comics) spectacular spider-man

And what are they?

Trying to keep a job, maintain a relationship and pay the rent (The job was to help May pay the bills).

But at least if things go Stan's route as opposed to Ulrimate, we don't get the whiny/brooding teen crap that we constantly see nowadays.

We were bound to agree on something, huh? I do not want a Spidey movie full of 90's teenage angst.

Well, I've already seen Peter in high school in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man, so... go with adulthood.

If they're gonna reboot, do it properly. Don't repeat.

Last edited:
Well, I've already seen Peter in high school in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man, so... go with adulthood.

If they're gonna reboot, do it properly. Don't repeat.

Like another poster said his high school life was barely touched upon. It won't feel like a repeat if the entire movie is about his high school life.

However it will feel somewhat like a repeat if GG is the villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"