The Amazing Spider-Man which era of peter's life should sony have gone with?

Like another poster said his high school life was barely touched upon. It won't feel like a repeat if the entire movie is about his high school life.

However it will feel somewhat like a repeat if GG is the villain.

its best not to design by committee but it would be so cool if there was a ww poll who the next spidey villian should be and then they go with it. the people win the vote will be happy and the people that didn't will at least see the majority of fans want villian.

The next villain should be THE LIZARD, there's no need for a poll. But I don't mind them starting the series with a smaller/lesser known named villain. The thing with a poll is, if you put Venom or/and Carnage on that list, one of them will probably beat out any other villain.

And Peter should start out in High School, as I thought they did a horrible job with Peter being in college, being that he was stuck in a 'wussy, unsociable, juvenile and annoyingly nerdy' mode even in college. Save his college years for the sequels, and this time, let's not treat him like he's Peter Pan.

Last edited:
If Lizard does show up in the reboot it'll show how hypocritical Sony is.

©KAW;18313178 said:
The next villain should be THE LIZARD, there's no need for a poll. But I don't mind them starting the series with smaller/lesser known named villains.

The thing with a poll is, if you put Venom or/and Carnage on that list, one will probably beat out any other villain.

I'd bet money the lizard would win a world wide poll rather than venom.

If Lizard does show up in the reboot it'll show how hypocritical Sony is.
Who cares how hypocritical they are, he's a classic villain, and needs to be used at some point.

I'd bet money the lizard would win a world wide poll rather than venom.
I'd gladly take your money. I would hope The Lizard would win, but he wouldn't.

You would think that someone with Peter's intelligence he would have skipped a grade in High School.

©KAW;18313209 said:
Who cares how hypocritical they are, he's a classic villain, and needs to be used at some point.

I know he's a classic villain. I said that because Raimi wanted to use him, but Sony didn't want him because of like spider-neil said they only wanted villains with a human face.

©KAW;18313209 said:

I'd gladly take your money. I would hope The Lizard would win, but he wouldn't.

people would vote for lizard because they have already seen venom (regardless of how poorly he was portrayed).

He was barely in HS, so I'd go with that for the first 2 films & then have him start college in number 3.

I think it would be logical having Lizard in the first film with Octavius and Osborn behind the scenes so to speak. They should build up on their characters maybe Otto becomes Doc Ock in Movie 2 (despite it being a rehash of SM2) with a possible killing of George Stacy and Norman becoming Gobby in Movie 3 eventually killing Gwen.

Regarding the argument that his high school life was barely touched upon, neither was his adulthood. I'd rather move forward than back.

...and that crap about Sony wanting Villains with a Human face. How pathetic. Look at f'n Venom for crying out loud. But it did suck seeing Brock's face popping out at times in his costume. Another cringeworthy moment for SM3. :nono:

We were bound to agree on something, huh? I do not want a Spidey movie full of 90's teenage angst.

I actually think we agree on more than we disagree, Chris, even if the disagreements might be big'uns.. ;)

people would vote for lizard because they have already seen venom (regardless of how poorly he was portrayed).
Nah, I don't see that happening, regardless, Venom/Carnage fans would devour The Lizard in a poll battle. I'd like to see that poll made, not on SHH! or the official Spidey movie site, but somewhere else.

©KAW;18323203 said:
Nah, I don't see that happening, regardless, Venom/Carnage fans would devour The Lizard in a poll battle. I'd like to see that poll made, not on SHH! or the official Spidey movie site, but somewhere else.

Well, not for the re-boot, but when the 4th raimi was on the cards, MTV ran a villan poll and the Lizard trounced everyone else on the poll, including Carnage.

edit:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/10/05/the-lizard-and-carnage-top-spider-man-4-villain-poll/

carnage did come in second though.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm tired of seeing Peter's school years (in some form or other) again and again, either in comics or in films. Spidey has been an adult for many a year now. He's even been a married man for a couple of decades now (well, until recently).
I think it's time we saw an adult, experienced Spidey for a change, not some kid fumbling around with his newfound powers (unless it's in a flashback). It's been done to death and not only in Spidey films. IMO, it's time to move forward, see what else this character has to offer.

wont happen because the lizard doesn't have a 'human face' :whatever:

what do mean by that? Not a hard job to make a cgi lizard. Though I'd want it to be only half cgi, so it wouldn't look too much fake. And I really don't believe that in a low budget film like it's going to be the actor would be complaining about that he doesn't get enough real screen time

Sony used that as the reason for not using the Lizard.

And after GG Sony was turned off by villains that had their face covered. This is probably why Harry wasn't really a goblin in SM3 and why he only wore than ridiculous paintballer's mask during the first ten seconds of his fight with Peter and why whenever Venom spoke he peeled back his face. You can't do anything like that with Lizard.

Fans wanna crucify Raimi for wanting to use Vulture in SM4. I mean did he really have much of the bigger villains to choose from that were left because of Sony stupidity? The only bigger villains left that didn't wear mask or had human face were Vulture, Kraven(it would really suck if he was in, but not Lizard), and Electro(Ultimate version)

I think their main issue was that Vulture was gonna be the only villain. If another villain like Electro was also in or if Vulture was in SM3 like he should have been nobody probably would have cared. This is why I blame the people who complained about SM3 having "too many villains" because it looked like Raimi was actually listening to that silly complaint.

And after GG Sony was turned off by villains that had their face covered. This is probably why Harry wasn't really a goblin in SM3 and why he only wore than ridiculous paintballer's mask during the first ten seconds of his fight with Peter and why whenever Venom spoke he peeled back his face. You can't do anything like that with Lizard.

Fans wanna crucify Raimi for wanting to use Vulture in SM4. I mean did he really have much of the bigger villains to choose from that were left because of Sony stupidity? The only bigger villains left that didn't wear mask or had human face were Vulture, Kraven(it would really suck if he was in, but not Lizard), and Electro(Ultimate version)

I think their main issue was that Vulture was gonna be the only villain. If another villain like Electro was also in or if Vulture was in SM3 like he should have been nobody probably would have cared. This is why I blame the people who complained about SM3 having "too many villains" because it looked like Raimi was actually listening to that silly complaint.

It would have been just fine if Raimi would have used vulture and sandman in spiderman 3 but instead of that he used venom, a major villain, and harry as the new goblin, which was in the comics a very big villain as well, and if that's not enough, he added sandman which was really just unnecessary. People aren't saying that 2 or in some cases 3 villains are always a bad thing, they're just saying that if they have a very big villan from the comics in the movie they better not have many of them. Sandman stole the attention, which left venom and the new goblin biting the dust.

That been said, Spiderman 3 would have been better with only venom and the new goblin, or with sandman and vulture, giving time for harry to develop to even bigger villan and more time for spidey to have the black suit, and how cool would that have been if in the fourth movie venom is in the back ground encouraging harry to kill peter, and in the end they would fight venom together.

Last edited:
I think sony are idiots. the venom story pretty much writes itself, human face or no human face.

* peter knows the villian - so there is conflict and indecision

* conners actually HAS a family - so no need to bolt it on ala doc ock, is naturally IS a sympathetic character

* visually the lizard looks fantastic and has powers that mimic spideys (wall crawling for example)

* you have the police who could falsely accuse spidey of the lizard's crime so try to take down spidey

the lizard is a comic book villian GOLD MINE

I think people need to calm down just a little bit. Sony said a lot of things because they felt it wouldn't work or what ever but many comic book films have since disproven such stupid worries sony had and most importantly, remember why we're having the reboot in the first place. Sony can't get away with the crap they were pulling before because it's not wussy marvel studios they have to answer to now, it's big daddy Disney! and if Disney feel the propety is being mishandled and mismanaged, Sony can kiss spidey by-by long before their contract expires.

I think people need to calm down just a little bit. Sony said a lot of things because they felt it wouldn't work or what ever but many comic book films have since disproven such stupid worries sony had and most importantly, remember why we're having the reboot in the first place. Sony can't get away with the crap they were pulling before because it's not wussy marvel studios they have to answer to now, it's big daddy Disney! and if Disney feel the propety is being mishandled and mismanaged, Sony can kiss spidey by-by long before their contract expires.

sony have got to get it right and make an outstanding movie. sandwiched between star trek and TDK2 if the movie is poor WOM will kill it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"