Who should be the villain(s)?

Personally I'd keep Strong as Sinestro. I can't imagine anyone being really bothered by that.

I understand that Parallax is a huge part of Green Lantern lore but it deserves a bigger screentime towards a sequel. It has enough potential to make a movie theme similar to TDK as somewhere between a hero and a villain. But first movie with Parallax? Hell...Making Nekron the first movie's villain makes more sense.

I understand that Parallax is a huge part of Green Lantern lore but it deserves a bigger screentime towards a sequel. It has enough potential to make a movie theme similar to TDK as somewhere between a hero and a villain. But first movie with Parallax? Hell...Making Nekron the first movie's villain makes more sense.
It's tricky because they have multiple GL villains that all deserve to be main villains in a movie...

Parallax/Hal, Sinestro, Atrocitus and Nekron

They easily have enough material there for a trilogy.

For the first one I would love to see Atrocitus, his followers like Bleeze and Skallox, would be nice to see them at war with another big deal villain like Mongul or Black Beetle. Sinestro would work better in a later film, but would be good see him as a GL and get developed. I would love to see him and his corps in a future film, Arkillo and Lyssa are awesome.

For the first one I would love to see Atrocitus, his followers like Bleeze and Skallox, would be nice to see them at war with another big deal villain like Mongul or Black Beetle. Sinestro would work better in a later film, but would be good see him as a GL and get developed. I would love to see him and his corps in a future film, Arkillo and Lyssa are awesome.

He's going to be in the new JL 'toon and in the new Injustice video game. He's definitely going to have an increased profile soon.

Yeah, that looks awesome. I had suspicions they would bring some other colored Lantern instead of Sinestro for Injustice 2. I also doubt they would bring Hal back as the main GL in the sequel. Being a big Mortal Kombat fan, I know Netherrealm Studios likes to change things up for sequels.

"A buddy cop in space" would be awesome with a young Hal and mentor Sinestro. Only to have his mentor in the end turn out corrupt. Too bad we wont have it :(

As for Atrocitus,... Yes please. He looks like a straight beast. Easily my favorite villain created by Johns

We then move on to John Stewart's life as an architect in Detroit. Early on, it's established that John Stewart used to be a marine, we flashback to a scene where all of the members of his platoon are blown up by an IED. It's established that John Stewart feels guilty about being the only survivor of his platoon. Even though he's a gifted architect, he feels uncomfortable in his new position. He's finally able to overcome the demons that haunt him from his days as a marine once he puts the ring on. It is through becoming a Green Lantern that his life finds meaning again.
yxOUqDC.png

What if John were also an amputee and had lost his leg just below the knee. Then they could do something cool like make it so with the ring he replaces that part of his leg with a ring construct, or maybe he just reinforces his prosthetic with a construct.

Last edited:
For the first movie, I say Red Lanterns although it's not completely necessary. Do NOT want Sinestro as the villain in GLC.

Atrocious, Legion, or some other major cosmic power, perhaps even someone like Mongul.

The main thing I would want would be a villain human enough to be a character the audience can understand, though not neccesarily emphasize with. And that they be powerful enough to beat down Sinestro and inspire fear in him so that we see him determine that it doesn't matter how strong your will is, fear is greater. Atrocious, especially if he manages to ignite some primitive version of the red lantern energy, works best, and he would tie into the issue the Guardians have had before very nicely.

Agreed I would want Sinestro to be an ally in the first film, and seeing as most people won't remember that after credit scene where he goes villain, then the shock of his betrayal can still be preserved.

What if John were also an amputee and had lost his leg just below the knee. Then they could do something cool like make it so with the ring he replaces that part of his leg with a ring construct, or maybe he just reinforces his prosthetic with a construct.

I always thought that was a cool idea, even it is basically the same thing as Flash Thompson Venom.

I like this idea:up:

I always thought that was a cool idea, even it is basically the same thing as Flash Thompson Venom.

Well it seems like a natural extension of the situation proposed by Rorschach but Flash's situation did contribute to the idea. What I like most about it is that just like with it giving Flash an unhealthy dependency on the symbiote, it does the same thing for John and making it so drama could be easily milked from it as some point where he is stranded somewhere after his ring has run out of juice.

Last edited:
Atrocitus would be perfect. He's both a cunning and powerful villain, which would make him a perfect choice for the GLC. Maybe they could have the entire Red Lantern corps too, considering they're supposedly making it a team movie.

I've always wanted to see something like this on film. Soranik Natu once made legs for a fellow Lantern who was wounded in battle. Abin Sur had has hand cut off by Sinestro in Flashpoint, but he reconstructed it with emerald energy and saying, "This is what will can do." Those were awesome moments.

Atrocitus would be perfect. He's both a cunning and powerful villain, which would make him a perfect choice for the GLC. Maybe they could have the entire Red Lantern corps too, considering they're supposedly making it a team movie.

It would make sense particularly if Sinestro is still in the GLC in the DCEU, which would initially eliminate his Corps as possible foes.

That might be interesting.

Have the corps go up against Atrocitus. Have both Hal and Sinestro as legends of the corp. Save them for a sequel. Yes, that would please me

Yeah, that could work actually.

Keep Sinestro as a boogie man in the first one and then wheel him out in the second.

I never liked reading comics when the Green Lanterns honestly thought Sinestro was going to turn out nice anyway lol. I hated it when they all acted shocked when he betrayed them

Manhunters for the first one. Sinestro Corps for the sequel.

They were used very effectively in GL:TAS. Connecting them with someone like Anti-Monitor or even Brainiac has possibilities.

Yeah, that could work actually.

Keep Sinestro as a boogie man in the first one and then wheel him out in the second.

I never liked reading comics when the Green Lanterns honestly thought Sinestro was going to turn out nice anyway lol. I hated it when they all acted shocked when he betrayed them

Well, he's still a frenemy of the GL Corps, particularly Jordan. He and Hal fought side-by-side during the early days of the New 52. Recently, he tried to convince Hal to join him again. Sinestro still believes in the concept of a peacekeeping Corps, just not in the way the Green Lanterns enforce the law. That's why he has respect for Hal and John. He can't be trusted, of course, but he still has a twisted moral code.

Using the Manhunters could potentially provide for a really interesting take on a villain; traditionally, they were written as becoming corrupt to the point where the Guardians had to destroy most of them, which led to the creation of the Green Lanterns. However, given how the Guardians are frequently portrayed as arrogant and often morally gray, I think you could play with that a bit to have the Manhunters' backstory not be so black and white. Perhaps Hal and Jon are initially led to believe that the Manhunters simply became murderous and mad with power, but they could eventually discover that they only truly turned evil after the Guardians sought to simply wipe them out in favor of using aliens wielding GL rings.

That's a terrific idea.

Using the Manhunters could potentially provide for a really interesting take on a villain; traditionally, they were written as becoming corrupt to the point where the Guardians had to destroy most of them, which led to the creation of the Green Lanterns. However, given how the Guardians are frequently portrayed as arrogant and often morally gray, I think you could play with that a bit to have the Manhunters' backstory not be so black and white. Perhaps Hal and Jon are initially led to believe that the Manhunters simply became murderous and mad with power, but they could eventually discover that they only truly turned evil after the Guardians sought to simply wipe them out in favor of using aliens wielding GL rings.

Plus the Manhunters would be a transition point to using the Red Lanterns for future sequels since the destruction of Sector 666 is what drove Atrocitus to hating the GotU.

That's a terrific idea.

Using the Manhunters would open up many storylines, but WB would have to tread carefully. The Manhunters would need to be cold, logical killing machines, so WB would need to resist the temptation of giving them too much personality.

Plus the Manhunters would be a transition point to using the Red Lanterns for future sequels since the destruction of Sector 666 is what drove Atrocitus to hating the GotU.

This is a fantastic idea.

I do think GLC could be set up to be a very loose sequel to the 2011 movie. Same way TIH was to the Ang Lee Hulk movie. This way you can make the first movie a smaller version of the Sinestro Crops War. Can change that it's not the Guardians is the reason for the manhunter turn but Sinestro or still make it 1 guardian Krona. Through out the movie show flashbacks or glimpses of Atrocitus in present day.

The end of the film could be a set up to the War of Light. Have Ganthet and Sayd get expelled from the Guardians.

Mid credit scene Saint Walker accepting the first blue ring while saying the oath.

End credit scene Atrocitus rising out of a pool of blood with a glowing red ring and reciting his oath. While he is saying the oath his Red Lantern suit forms.

Second film like I said war of light. With all but white and black in the film. Well maybe Black Hand in the film too. This film serves as the lead up to Blackest night.

Third film Blackest night.

Last edited:
Let's just get Sinestro already. None of this saving him for later bs we don't know that we'll get two GL movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"