Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

In WW3, it will be present day. Wonder Woman will have spent 100+ years as a solo hero who believes it's not her place to influence mankind as a godlike figure one way or the other. Mankind must choose for themselves. Well what happens when other heroes exist and actually go public? Like, say, Superman? Completely upends a century of her philosophy. Now she has to reconcile, see where these new modern heroes stand, and also make the choice for herself once again in this new world order.

It could be a compelling plot point to end her time-hopping trilogy IMO. And something I see Patty Jenkins being interested in tackling herself rather than allowing another director, as opposed to what Diana's arc was in BVS/Justice League.

It's amazing to me how Patty Jenkins is always so spot-on, she says all the right things. I don't think we could've asked for a better director. Gal Gadot only shines as Wonder Woman under Patty Jenkins' helm, she's nowhere near as good under Snyder, it's almost like night and day

EYnKNnMXkAM2YGO

It's amazing to me how Patty Jenkins is always so spot-on, she says all the right things. I don't think we could've asked for a better director. Gal Gadot only shines as Wonder Woman under Patty Jenkins' helm, she's nowhere near as good under Snyder, it's almost like night and day
Eh, she has been seen in only one Zack Snyder movie so far, most of the Justice League movie was directed by Joss Whedon.

And, in BvS, most of Gal's scenes with Ben Affleck (who's more experienced actor) are good, which means director did something right.

Eh, she has been seen in only one Zack Snyder movie so far, most of the Justice League movie was directed by Joss Whedon.

And, in BvS, most of Gal's scenes with Ben Affleck (who's more experienced actor) are good, which means director did something right.

I thought she was very cookie-cutter in BvS, another mysterious hot chick that intrigues the leading man, even gave the clichéd over-the-shoulder look. Was not impressed

As for Justice League, I don’t know who shot what but she had none of that captivating charisma she oozed out in Wonder Woman, on top of being ridiculously under-powered, didn’t feel like Wonder Woman at all

Sure, until she went into warrior mode. That was kind of the point. That's even how Bruce plays it until he sees her in action. "Oh, it's another mystery woman. I'll see myself out."

As for other heroes cameoing in a third film, you could have that happen without having a Justice League centric story. The comics do it all the time. Acknowledge that the League exists, but focus on the relationships the Leaguers have with each other. In the absence of an actual Justice League franchise, that would be pretty satisfying. You could also do some version of Themyscira VS Atlantis with other leaguers involved in trying to resolve the conflict, which would allow for her to take on more of an ambassador role, and dovetail nicely into about where the Aquaman franchise should be at that time.

Sure, until she went into warrior mode. That was kind of the point. That's even how Bruce plays it until he sees her in action. "Oh, it's another mystery woman. I'll see myself out."

I know that was the point, the hot-mysterious-woman-who’s-an-unexpected-badass is an old Hollywood cliché

I know that was the point, the hot-mysterious-woman-who’s-an-unexpected-badass is an old Hollywood cliché
Yeah, but performance matters, the point I was making was that she gave a reasonably good performance with Affleck.

Also, it works as a red herring. Bruce finds a beautiful brunette at a socialite party who ends up stealing something which he meant to find. So it feels at first like it is someone else completely from the Batverse.

I sometimes wonder if they had at some point meant to keep a secret the reveal of WW being in the movie, pretending at first it may be Selina instead only to have her revealed as Diana later, but that promotion could not pass on making a (deservedly) big fuss over this being the first cinematic appearance of Diana.

I sometimes wonder if they had at some point meant to keep a secret the reveal of WW being in the movie, pretending at first it may be Selina instead only to have her revealed as Diana later, but that promotion could not pass on making a (deservedly) big fuss over this being the first cinematic appearance of Diana.

I doubt it. Gal was cast as WW back in Dec 2013. They didn't exactly try and hide the fact that she was playing WW well before they even started filming.

I doubt it. Gal was cast as WW back in Dec 2013. They didn't exactly try and hide the fact that she was playing WW well before they even started filming.
Yeah but for casual movie goer who's not upto date with behind the scenes news, keeping WW's role a secret might have worked.

But WW's appearance was needed for marketing the movie.

Yeah but for casual movie goer who's not upto date with behind the scenes news, keeping WW's role a secret might have worked.

But WW's appearance was needed for marketing the movie.

Yup.
In the latest Fandango survey, moviegoers say that the introduction of Wonder Woman in Warner Bros.’ Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice is a primary draw for them. In Fandango’s lead-up survey to BvS, 88% said they were excited to finally see Wonder Woman on the big screen.

I like Diana's armor basically looking a lot like Hawkman & Hawkgirl because that way you tie things together universally in this interconnected shared universe much like how Marvel ties things together in their universe, DC can do the same starting from Snyder Cut and beyond...with Hawkman and Hawkgirl showing up in WW 84 or even being referenced as far as the armor with Diana getting her armor from them...it all ties together and personally I like how DC is trying the universe together which is what they should do; reincarnation explains a lot especially with Hawkman, Hawkgirl and it explains Steve Trevor being resurrected after we saw him die in the first WW film

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"