Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

EZDGpbCWAAYMU7r

Beast form Cheetah looks great here. Blonde hair aside (she usually has dark brown or red) it's straight out of the comics.

I just hope we see her for more than 5 minutes and the fight scene is reasonably lengthy.

Beast form Cheetah looks great here. Blonde hair aside (she usually has dark brown or red) it's straight out of the comics.

I just hope we see her for more than 5 minutes and the fight scene is reasonably lengthy.

I think the important thing when doing this kind of full-body creature design is to ensure there is some varied kind of surface texture and not a kind of uniform fuzzy sameness which tends to emphasize the uncanny valley aspect. Nightcrawler and Mystique in the XMen movies did not look as bland as old style painted-over Star Trek aliens because of the tattoos and other surface elements that were used in their designs to give a sense of varied texture and character traits. It is also what happened when the superhero bodysuits began to use miniature texture, that much as people griped about the basketball-like surface, allowed for emphasizing body contouring better than the plain stretchy spandex-like costumes of the past that could look like aerobics/gym clothes.

i may be late on this but has anyone seen this

Wonder Woman sexuality - Wonder Woman 1984 has made a mistake

i just feel like some people enjoy been pandered to.

I feel like if they had paired up Diana and Barbara, and it went south because the latter inevitably becomes a villain, the film would come under fire for not having a positive queer relationship. Especially if Steve was going to be involved and taking priority, it wouldn't have been a good look, and it may be better to avoid it entirely in that case.

In a continuity with more space, I'd be open to them having had a romance and Cheetah being a toxic ex that knows how to attack Diana emotionally. I honestly feel like Greg Rucka wanted to do that with them but got vetoed from up high, so we got Barbara/Etta instead. But you need space so that it isn't the only queer relationship present. Rucka gave Diana a positive ex-girlfriend on the island before getting with Steve, and it seemed really obvious that Philippus is essentially Hippolyta's wife. So it could have worked better there than in the less serialized film series.

If Steve doesn't make it through this film they should let him go in the third and be open to the idea of pairing her with another woman. Artemis and Io have always been my preferred non-Steve options.

October it is, then.

So, Micromind, will you now: a. gripe about the film not being pushed back far enough since you opted for November/December? b. tell us again how Doritos are bad marketing?, or c. somehow bring Black Widow into the conversation again?

Everyone place your bets.

At least this better mean that the wait between 2 and 3 should be shorter....or at least be in the process of being written.

Should've just released it last year

Now it's going to make less than it would/should have

I think that we have to recognize that with all of this talk of a second wave ,that the Pandemic is still going to be a MAJOR PART of 2021.
So, even if WW84 were to be moved to 2021, fear of the pandemic might still affect it's box office potential.

Should've just released it last year

Now it's going to make less than it would/should have

So you're the ones that still think comic book movies should just be a summer or holiday release?

Joker made $1 billion last year on the same weekend. WW84 has the month to itself (barring Halloween Kills), plus goodwill from the 2017 predecessor.

WW84 will make bank almost anywhere on the calendar.

I think that we have to recognize that with all of this talk of a second wave ,that the Pandemic is still going to be a MAJOR PART of 2021.
So, even if WW84 were to be moved to 2021, fear of the pandemic might still affect it's box office potential.

I would bet on June 4, 2021 far more than any 2020 release date. I would like to watch this movie in IMAX, but I won't be going to the theater in Oct unless COVID-19 miraculously disappears.

October it is, then.

So, Micromind, will you now: a. gripe about the film not being pushed back far enough since you opted for November/December? b. tell us again how Doritos are bad marketing?, or c. somehow bring Black Widow into the conversation again?

Everyone place your bets.

How could it move. WB had its head in the sand and lost out on all the open dates.

That's better than August 2020 release.

Hopefully, the situation improves by then. We have seen people can defeat this COVID-19 spread by wearing masks and observing social distancing (looking at Taiwan, New Zealand, Australia and even Japan !) Right now, it's not looking good in many countries.

I have to say the decision of other studios to move their big budget movies to December and next year was a much better decision but I am OK with this too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"