Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

I have to say the decision of other studios to move their big budget movies to December and next year was a much better decision but I am OK with this too.

2021 is getting PACKED with movies that were supposed to come out this year. If WW84 is pushed back again, it will come out in December or spring 2021.

October is a great spot. If WW84 makes that release and does anywhere close to as well as Joker did (or meet its predecessor's $800M worldwide total), WB should reserve first October weekend for future DC releases after The Batman.

So you're the ones that still think comic book movies should just be a summer or holiday release?

Joker made $1 billion last year on the same weekend. WW84 has the month to itself (barring Halloween Kills), plus goodwill from the 2017 predecessor.

WW84 will make bank almost anywhere on the calendar.
No. I think the current pandemic situation is going to hamper it's potential. Should just push it to 2021 and be done with it

Their decision to push it to 2020 looks worse with each delay

I also think 2021 would be a safer beat as well.

No. I think the current pandemic situation is going to hamper it's potential. Should just push it to 2021 and be done with it

Their decision to push it to 2020 looks worse with each delay

To who? No one cares. No one in the main stream has given a damn about any of the films moving. Only people on boards like this even notice. The rest just go "the movies moved cause of COVID...in other news".

The movie will be fine if and when it comes out.

And they moved it to August as a hedge. If things opened up and the cases were slowing down they had a film in a spot to open by itself. (see also: Tenet) If not they have other movies in other spots they can push it to. It was hedging their bet to see how things were going. Truth be told Americans are showing that as soon as movies are back they are going to flock to them...millions have thrown caution to the wind already doing stuff way more dangerous because they couldnt stand the boredom so taking that chance was absolutely worth it.

And to think, this was originally supposed to come out December 2019.

Honestly I think most box office releases in the next year will be down but will make a lot of money during the home release. Probably not as much as a box office run but still will be huge.

I don't think it's making that October date. That's just me. Like I have said elsewhere, no one knows when this pandemic will end, so I find myself unable to get excited for these movies until this whole thing ends. Why get excited when movies are just going to keep getting new Release dates are sorry of meaningless at the moment. I'm basically at wake me up when this whole thing is over and I can watch movies again. Until then, I just can't get excited for these things and I guess just keep watching old shows I missed.

It's not just when the pandemic will end... for this year at least. There could easily be a second wave in September or October. That's what has happened with all the other major pandemics like the 1918 "Spanish Flu" and even "the Black Death" etc. That latter one took centuries to actually die out.

So you're the ones that still think comic book movies should just be a summer or holiday release?

Joker made $1 billion last year on the same weekend. WW84 has the month to itself (barring Halloween Kills), plus goodwill from the 2017 predecessor.

WW84 will make bank almost anywhere on the calendar.

Sounds like an argument for WW84 releasing on its original dates of December 13, 2019 or November 1, 2019.

I was always against WB/Jenkins moving it to summer 2020 for financial reasons when the film has been ready to go and now we're stuck in an uncertain loop due to a pandemic no one knows when it will end.

It's not just when the pandemic will end... for this year at least. There could easily be a second wave in September or October. That's what has happened with all the other major pandemics like the 1918 "Spanish Flu" and even "the Black Death" etc. That latter one took centuries to actually die out.

When I say "When this is all over" I am including future spikes and waves. I apologize if this was unclear, but to me all of that is included in the pandemic package.

I don't think this will linger like the black plague though. Eventually, modern medicine will find ways to at least minimize the damage this causes.

I think it was safer to go see the film in August as opposed to October which is the beginning of flu season but I'm definitely going anyway. If you're careful and take all the necessary precautions, you should be alright.

I don't think it's making that October date. That's just me. Like I have said elsewhere, no one knows when this pandemic will end, so I find myself unable to get excited for these movies until this whole thing ends. Why get excited when movies are just going to keep getting new Release dates are sorry of meaningless at the moment. I'm basically at wake me up when this whole thing is over and I can watch movies again. Until then, I just can't get excited for these things and I guess just keep watching old shows I missed.
For all we know, this COVID-19 situation might get worse in November, December, January, and so on till Summer 2021.

So, October might provide relatively lull window for this movie.

I believe the thinking is as of now that either it will flare up in September or once the winter starts to take hold and people are inside more for gatherings. See as the South in the US is being hit pretty hard right now we havent even end our first wave yet...

EapqT7wX0AE7AAf

EapqSSrXQAEHA8E

Not the confusion you were going for, but you just had me wondering why the hell anyone would cast Gal Gadot as Princess Di in the first place. :funny:

(Kristen Stewart’s almost as baffling a choice, though)

Just remembered that back in 2017 when Patty agreed to direct the sequel her contract was rumored to include 3% back-end of the box office total. Those back-end dollars sure are going to be lower with this new release date. She must really hate that this movie didn't come out in 2019.

gal-gadot-wonder-woman.jpg

When Zack Snyder revealed first Wonder Woman poster, many complained about lack of colors..

"Why the suit looks so dark ?", "Where are the Red and Blue colors ?", "Why DC movies don't like colors ?"

Well.. here's one colorful poster (with new release date), hope fans are satisfied ..

EausfzLWsAAL1al

gal-gadot-wonder-woman.jpg

When Zack Snyder revealed first Wonder Woman poster, many complained about lack of colors..

"Why the suit looks so dark ?", "Where are the Red and Blue colors ?", "Why DC movies don't like colors ?"

Well.. here's one colorful poster (with new release date), hope fans are satisfied ..

EausfzLWsAAL1al

That poster isnt exactly new...but im sure all of us were happy with the many 1st films posters
81Cjy1speiL._AC_SY741_.jpg

Just remembered that back in 2017 when Patty agreed to direct the sequel her contract was rumored to include 3% back-end of the box office total. Those back-end dollars sure are going to be lower with this new release date. She must really hate that this movie didn't come out in 2019.

If WW84 ends up making the same amount as the first film globally, Patty will be pretty damn happy with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"