Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

People needs to understand this is the best thing they could do for WW84 tbh

1. The hype was already dying for this film, ive seen it on twitter, people were already tired of the delays, its already an old movie
2. 2021 is packed af with literally 90% of all the films that got pushed from 2020 to that year + the films who already had a 2021 release date
3. They need stuff like this to push HBO Max which is waaaaay behind the rest of the streaming services
4. Ppl is delusional IF they think films will reach 1B on 2021, German theaters are closed because COVID cases are going up, Argentina and Chile hasnt even open them theaters, France will have them theaters closed for a few days, Brasil cases are going up and they might close theates again, in USA AMC is closing theaters for good leaving areas without theaters , etc... we dont even know IF by summer of 2021 things will get back "to normal" and IF that's not enough so many ppl lost them jobs.
5. With all of that, if they pushed WW84 they would have to spend even more in marketing to keep the hype for the film, they've been doing this for MONTHS, the costs for marketing would rise a lot and make way more difficult to the film to get money back

I honestly think its the best they could do with this one, thinking there wont be a WW3 is delusional lmao

Yup I fully agree. People are being way too hard on WB. They had no choice really here. This pandemic is unfortunately not going to disappear in 2021 and the movie industry is still going to struggle next year. Every studio is going to have to face the fact that theyre going to take losses on these films. Putting WW84 on HBO could be a gamechanger not just for the the service but for streaming industry in general if this performs well: its a gamble but we were going to get to this point eventually.

Yeah I agree but also remember a lot of people here might live in a place where Max isnt available and the theaters arent safe yet. To them it sucks unless WB finds an option for them.

To them that matters more than whether WB made the right decision because Americans are stupid. (which they did cause we are)

Yup I fully agree. People are being way too hard on WB. They had no choice really here. This pandemic is unfortunately not going to disappear in 2021 and the movie industry is still going to struggle next year. Every studio is going to have to face the fact that theyre going to take losses on these films. Putting WW84 on HBO could be a gamechanger not just for the the service but for streaming industry in general if this performs well: its a gamble but we were going to get to this point eventually.

Agree, im also glad they didnt pull the Disney+ bs of chargin for Mulan, which was a failed project if u think about it, they didnt released BW the way the did with Mulan, that speaks a lot, plus it was pirate everywhere, releasing in theaters on the rest of the world days before it hits HBO Max, gonna prevent that for a few days

Yeah I agree but also remember a lot of people here might live in a place where Max isnt available and the theaters arent safe yet. To them it sucks unless WB finds an option for them.

To them that matters more than whether WB made the right decision because Americans are stupid. (which they did cause we are)

Agree, if u see asians who are more respectful with others and countries who used masks since day 1, them theaters are working perfectly and they almost normal, asian market is fully recover (China, Corea, Japan, etc), i live in LatAm and ppl is also stupid af and the gov managed this crisis bad, so it makes sense some countries hasnt open them theaters

In my case, i went to see TENET to the theater and i felt safe, capacity at 25%, they check ur temperature, social distance is a must, so all good (when i saw Tenet we were 3 in the whole screening)... ppl still scared to go so it makes it easier for the ppl who does go to the theaters because you can watch films with few ppl

I think it sadly will make around 300M maybe, being overpositive, i guess it will depend on how many markets the film can be released and how safe people would feel going to the movies

I personally think that WW84 is the bigger test for HBO Max then the Snyder Cut. If subscribers don't show up for WW84, then I don't see why they will for the Snyder Cut.

I personally think that WW84 is the bigger test for HBO Max then the Snyder Cut. If subscribers don't show up for WW84, then I don't see why they will for the Snyder Cut.

I have to agree with that. I’ve said before that if WW 84 does well then this bodes very well for the Snyder Cut. But if the sequel to a very well loved movie doesnt see a significant bump in subscribers then the director’s cut of a very divisive movie wont certainly wont.

We have 25 days until Christmas and WB’s marketing team has a LOT of work to do between now and then to get people onboard with this and boost awareness.

i dont think this will affect Snyder Cut, they already heavily promoted on twitter and other plataforms the release of the Cut, i also think they already gave the money to Snyder to finish his cut, but it could be a test for Godzilla V Kong, since there have been rumours of that film going to HBO Max too

3. They need stuff like this to push HBO Max which is waaaaay behind the rest of the streaming services

Being available in only 1 market sure as hell has nothing to do with that. :whatever:

Just loving the "WW84 to HBO Max is a good idea" takes by Americans. Weird that you guys are the ones mostly supporting the idea. :hmm

i dont think this will affect Snyder Cut, they already heavily promoted on twitter and other plataforms the release of the Cut, i also think they already gave the money to Snyder to finish his cut, but it could be a test for Godzilla V Kong, since there have been rumours of that film going to HBO Max too
Isn't WW and ZSJL aiming for the same demographic?

Isn't WW and ZSJL aiming for the same demographic?

yup, but on twitter even A&T already posted about the Snyder Cut coming on HBO Max, there's a verified account for it too, so no matter what happenes with WW84 they will still release the Cut on HBO Max on 2021, specially when in 2021 they will launch Max in some countries with a big fandome of Snyder, it does could be for other films tho, like i said there's rumours of Godzilla Vs Kong having the same treatmen of HBO Max + theaters, so i partially agree with you except with the part of the Snyder Cut

Being available in only 1 market sure as hell has nothing to do with that. :whatever:

Just loving the "WW84 to HBO Max is a good idea" takes by Americans. Weird that you guys are the ones mostly supporting the idea. :hmm

That's exactly why i said they're way behind, they screw it by launching DCU only and America, then let it die and create HBO Max, in the rest of the world there times when they had 2 HBO apps, they do are behind and had managed them streaming pretty bad

Im one of them supporting the HBO Max idea and im not american, i live in Mexico wtf :huh: i already explained and give my reasons for it

yup, but on twitter even A&T already posted about the Snyder Cut coming on HBO Max, there's a verified account for it too, so no matter what happenes with WW84 they will still release the Cut on HBO Max on 2021, specially when in 2021 they will launch Max in some countries with a big fandome of Snyder, it does could be for other films tho, like i said there's rumours of Godzilla Vs Kong having the same treatmen of HBO Max + theaters, so i partially agree with you except with the part of the Snyder Cut

Oh no doubt. Whatever happens theyre releasing the Snyder Cut no matter what. I was saying though that if WW doesnt perform well then theres no way the SC is going to do any better for the streaming service and their investment in the SC wont have paid off. AT&T and WB are hoping these big exclusives are going to boost subscribers so they can catch up to Disney +.

Again, they can pull this off if they handle it right. Also, they need to find a way to get HBO Max available everywhere ASAP.

I'm not saying that if WW84 doesn't bring in subscribers that the Snyder Cut won't be released. It'll be released regardless. But low number new subscribers to HBO Max during the one month release of WW84, at least on paper doesn't exactly look good in terms of anticipated or continued subscribers for SC.

Oh no doubt. Whatever happens theyre releasing the Snyder Cut no matter what. I was saying though that if WW doesnt perform well then theres no way the SC is going to do any better for the streaming service and their investment in the SC wont have paid off. AT&T and WB are hoping these big exclusives are going to boost subscribers so they can catch up to Disney +.

Again, they can pull this off if they handle it right. Also, they need to find a way to get HBO Max available everywhere ASAP.
HBO Max has to get on Roku, it probably needs to cut it's price and all the complaints that all Disney+ has is the Mandalorian when what are the reasons to stay after the Snyder Cut? Even HQ and Titans S3 aren't going to be return until late fall/the end of 2021.

I'm not saying that if WW84 doesn't bring in subscribers that the Snyder Cut won't be released. It'll be released regardless. But low number new subscribers to HBO Max during the one month release of WW84, at least on paper doesn't exactly look good in terms of anticipated or continued subscribers for SC.

Oh gotcha!! sorry i missunderstood the messages, i agree with yall, what they need to do is disappear the HBO app and upgrade automaticallylly everyone to HBO Max instead of waiting for people to do it, if its the same cost and they have same content/more, i dont understand why they still have both working

Also, some of the biggest boosts on D+ were when they opened in new markets, so they really need to hurry up with that (also WB is kinda ****ed up in some countries like UK where they have some deals with other services lmao)

In what way? Wonder Woman's primary fanbase is in people who hated the Snyderverse.
Depends on how you are looking at it. In terms of the fan base, no different groups. In terms of trying to get that general audience who likes superhero movies, yes.

Wonder Woman 1984 Japan poster.

EoLMoPBXEAISU65

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"