Wonder Woman 3 not moving forward

I've finally watched the movie for the very first time tonight, here in Italy, aired on prime time. Brilliant and awesome.
And that was the TRUE Wonder Woman. Finally.
1984 is one million light years ahead of Wonder Woman 2017.
It was a superb movie which truly captured the spirit and the essence of the character, as well as the quality of its silver age stories.
Gal Gadot was excellent, and the movie just destroyed the first chapter in terms of direction, plot, screenplay, acting, cinematography, special effects, action pieces.

Also, Wonder Woman 1984 is VASTLY better than:

All 3 Thor movies
Black Panther 1 and 2
The 2 Guardians of the Galaxy movies
Iron Man 3
Ant-Man 1 and 2
Black Widow
Dr. Strange 1
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Raimi's Spider-Man 2 and 3
The 2 Amazing Spider-Man movies

I want a WW movie that doesn't take her over an hour or more for Diana to suit up and actually get some action.
Yes
Max Lord as the villain wasn't great
I found Pascal very entertaining, but he wasn't Max Lord.
Cheetah felt shoehorned in there at the last minute instead of organically fitting into the story or developing Cheetah-like abilities.
Definitely. Although I loved Wiig's performance and the Cheetah design (once we got to see it!)

If a WW3 or a new WW film is made, I would like:

-modern day setting.
-no Steve Trevor in any capacity. (WW 2017 made us feel for him, but 84's return was a misfire)
-more action
Agree on all three.

WW17 was half done before Jenkins took over. It was Snyder who cast Gal (Jenkins said she would have cast someone else). The script was already largely set. So WW17 was truly a Snyder-Jenkins film and it was "wonderful."

WW84 was entirely Jenkins' baby and it was highly offensive, self-indulgent, and ineffective.

Offensive in its potrayal of men, Reagan, and all mankind: would we really wish the world into oblivion if we were given the power? Would no one have wished for world peace, healing, goodness?

Self-indulgent because Jenkins added in all her favorite things (SNL, Carter, Hallmark) whether or not they served the story.

Ineffective because no one was well used. The SNL characters were not given any funny lines. Trevor was just floating around because someone summoned him, with nothing to do. Gal was cold without any of the compassion which made WW17 so great. Carter did not do anything except take a bow.

There's a scene where Wig is kicking some poor defenseless guy across the park, and he's like, "What are you doing?" That summed up WW84: "Patty, what are you doing? Your story is poo, the characters are poo, your writer is poo, your outlook is poo, and no one could stop your train-wreck because you were given complete creative control."

The golden suit was also given nothing to do, except get torn to shreds after one flight.

The only way WW3 would be decent would be if Snyder (or someone similar) did the first 80% of the development, and Jenkins was brought in to put on the final touches. That was the highly successful formula which produced WW17 which is one of the greatest films of all times. Remarkably, WW84 is one of the all time worst, which says something. What scares me is that WW84 was a true Jenkins creation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"