Falcon and Winter Soldier Wyatt Russell is U.S. Agent

If there is a US Agent series I'm guessing he'll be more of a black ops soldier doing lots of things off the books. I hope he gets his own separate one and doesn't have to just rely on being part of a 2nd season of Falcon and the Winter Soldier (or Cap and the Winter Soldier if they call it that).

I strongly suspect wherever he appears will be wherever the Thunderbolts end up ultimately appearing. They are pretty clearly hinting he will be their team leader/minder/warden.

falcon-winter-soldier-5-us-agent.jpg

falcon-winter-soldier-5-walker-contessa.jpg

I noticed he wears his utility belt rather high up. Why not a bit lower down on his waist instead of around his stomach?

AOS had Coulson wielding an energy shield like Cap did once before in the comics. That seems like it would be a good fit for Mr. Walker.

I wonder if he's gonna get a new shield?

I hope he does. US Agent needs one to make the look complete. Plus he still has those shield shoulder straps on his uniform which would be rather redundant if he's not going to have a shield. Why put them on there otherwise?

AOS had Coulson wielding an energy shield like Cap did once before in the comics. That seems like it would be a good fit for Mr. Walker.

Even Iron Man had an energy shield in either Infinity War or Endgame.

An energy shield for Walker to counter Sam's Vibranium. I'd say I'm in love with the idea. But this is the perfect reason for them to introduce Adamantium as well.

Yes, and in the old Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, Tony made an energy shield for Cap after the original got broken:

Yes, and in the old Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, Tony made an energy shield for Cap after the original got broken:

The energy shields would be the perfect opportunity to introduce the Raiders into the MCU in Armor Wars. In the comics Tony used the concept from them because they had that tech and fought him in battle. However in the movies they could've stolen the concept from him.

Of course, if he has an energy shield, what does he need those shield straps for?

Last edited:
Love the black suit. Maybe it’s just because I was always a fan of US Agent’s look in the comics but I think the black suit fits that design better than the blue one he originally wore on the show.

Walker had a lot of good points in his rebuttal about how they made him and pointed him at targets. When he killed someone who had effectively surrendered to him, he crossed the you can't be Captain America line. Granted it was a terrorist, and that organization, though not that guy, had just killed his partner. Still you can't do that.

Walker's still a decorated veteran looking to serve his country, and those decorations were earned by following orders, and working to help his fellow soldier. He's a soldier. He'll behave like a soldier. He's had those rules beaten into him over and over again. He's been trained to lead men but also be part of a unit and do his part to achieve specific goals. He also seems more comfortable reporting to someone. This role will fit him much better as he'll be executing someone else's orders and he won't be the public media darling that even Steve struggled with.

Walker had a lot of good points in his rebuttal about how they made him and pointed him at targets. When he killed someone who had effectively surrendered to him, he crossed the you can't be Captain America line. Granted it was a terrorist, and that organization, though not that guy, had just killed his partner. Still you can't do that.

Walker's still a decorated veteran looking to serve his country, and those decorations were earned by following orders, and working to help his fellow soldier. He's a soldier. He'll behave like a soldier. He's had those rules beaten into him over and over again. He's been trained to lead men but also be part of a unit and do his part to achieve specific goals. He also seems more comfortable reporting to someone. This role will fit him much better as he'll be executing someone else's orders and he won't be the public media darling that even Steve struggled with.

At the same time, though, I bet he is going to struggle with the nature of his new unit. Which is to say. . . he is a soldier and wants to be a soldier, just someone given a mission and orders and a goal. But he probably assumes implicitly that this means working with and over other soldiers like himself and Lemar, not saints but still at least okay dudes who are in it to work together and do the mission and otherwise serve their country.

Now imagine how that kind of mindset reacts to commanding a team of ex(?) supervillains, where nobody has any underlying sense of patriotic duty or soldierly comradery, nobody is used to professional cooperation, and probably half the people have the kind of moral or psychological flaws that would have gotten then discharged from *basic training*, let alone any kind of Army unit Walker has been a member of for most of his career. Because that's what a list of plausible Thunderbolts recruits kind of looks like, wherein even the *nicest* plausible members are deeply independent minded with no military discipline whatsoever. My own mental image is "Walker reads through a set of dossiers at his desk, growing progressively more and more exasperated then morose, until he's trying to get himself drunk, and failing."

Wyatt Russell kind of looks a bit like Matt Salinger from the 1990 movie. Marvel could've gotten him to play John Walker's father and it would've looked like they were believably related.

1_thumb4.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

You can even see the resemblance in the face in that Captain America 1990 movie poster and the other "Cap is back" poster of Russell.

Lol I don’t think anyone wants to be reminded of that movie.

It’s hard to believe though that it isn’t the WORST Captain America adaption, since the Reb Brown version from the 1970s also exists. At least I was able to make it to the end of the Salinger movie. I couldn’t sit through 15 minutes of the Brown version.

Lol I don’t think anyone wants to be reminded of that movie.

It’s hard to believe though that it isn’t the WORST Captain America adaption, since the Reb Brown version from the 1970s also exists. At least I was able to make it to the end of the Salinger movie. I couldn’t sit through 15 minutes of the Brown version.

What's wrong with the Reb Brown version? Go back and watch the full thing and its sequel! :argh: :p

What's wrong with the Reb Brown version? Go back and watch the full thing and its sequel! :argh: :p

LOL maybe if they ever do a Rifftrax of it. Space Mutiny (which also featured Reb Brown) is one of the best MST3K episodes ever. :funny:

LOL maybe if they ever do a Rifftrax of it. Space Mutiny (which also featured Reb Brown) is one of the best MST3K episodes ever. :funny:

RiffTrax has done Space Mutiny as well. They show the live show on the RiffTrax Twitch page a lot and Kevin Murphy (the big guy) dresses like one of the characters in the movie.

RiffTrax has done Space Mutiny as well. They show the live show on the RiffTrax Twitch page a lot and Kevin Murphy (the big guy) dresses like one of the characters in the movie.

Nice. Space Mutiny is such a classic. I remember a while back, some startup was selling T-Shirts online that had all the full list of names that they gave Reb Brown’s character. Dirk Hardpec! Brick Hardmeat! Big McLargeHuge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"