World X-Men The Animated Series Appreciation Thread (1992-1997)

They need to pull a WB and give this series a Blu-ray makeover like we got with batman.

This is wonderful news! I wonder if they can get all of the original voice cast back?

anyway I’ll be ready for them!

As long as the original team have full creative control to just carry on as they left, I'd be down.

Welcome home x-men! Wonderful news.

interesting cast list too. Maybe Psylocke will join the cast permanently?

X-Men Evolution is better.
6U913uD.gif

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite shows (live action or animated) ever, and I can’t wait for it to return. Hoping to see some new villains like Cassandra Nova.

The show had a very satisfying conclusion though IMO. The continuation is welcome but not necessary.

I'm rewatching this series for the first time since I was in primary school. Some scattered thoughts I have on the first five or so episodes: Xavier's voice acting I initially found a bit too nebbish and slightly sinister-sounding, but I've quickly gotten used to it.

Wolverine and Magneto's characterisations feel overbearingly cliche and paper-thin. Wolverine has grown on me a little already, but with such brief appearances to go on, Magneto especially feels a bit disappointingly two-dimensional in comparison to the slightly more complex characterisation I've grown more used to with the movies. Any attempts at nuance with the character feel forced.

I like the art style but sometimes I feel like I'm watching a bunch of action figures duke it out, especially with the slightly shoddy animation that comes with a first series. The Sentinels are perfectly portrayed and do a lot of the heavy lifting in making it feel like a very oppressive, semi-dystopian world. The first two episodes felt the darkest on account of their presence, and with their absence, the show doesn't feel quite as dark as it initially did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"