World X-Men The Animated Series Appreciation Thread (1992-1997)

Oh sweet!! This series finally gets an appreciation thread!! Awesome!:wow:

This was by far, one of the best Marvel cartoons ever put out. It made Saturday mornings great!!

The storys were always great, the animation to me, looked great for it's time...but the last 4 episodes kinda felt weird. I mean, why change the animation towards the end? All the cool detail of the characters were gone, and they pretty much turned into Timm style X-Men.

But aside from that minor flaw, the overall show gets a 10/10 from me.

In my own opinon, I liked all the voice actors. Their voices were perfect for every character. Kal Dodd is the best Wolverine voice ever!!

If I had to pick my top 5 episodes...I'd go with.

1. Cold Comfort- Featuring Ice-Man and X-Force. Havok meeting Scott. Priceless.
2. Enter Magneto- Need I say more!! Season one had it going!!
3.Old Soliders- Although a change in animation. It featured a Wolverine/Captain America team up.
4. Longshot- This one was great because I actually like him as a character, and Mojo wasn't as bad as I thought he would be.
5. Time Fugitives Parts 1 and 2- Featuring Cable (great voice actor) and Bishop....another reason why this show was so great, it took all sorts of MU characters.

Anyone else have a top 5??

I love X-Men The Animated Series to death. My top five favorite episodes...

1. A Deal with the Devil: Len Doncheff was great as Omega Red.
I loved how his emotions varied, the artwork, etc.

2. Mojovision: I enjoyed seeing Spiral's first appearance before she teleported the X-Men to Mojoworld. The TV programs the X-Men were trapped in were OK.

3. Red Dawn: A decent episode, but I don't think Len had a lot of emotion in his voice. I love Darkstar's voice.

4. Dark Phoenix: I loved the artwork and Dark Phoenix is one of my favorite characters.

5. A Rogue's Tale: Good story and artwork.

I was lucky enough to get a reply/autograph from Robert Bockstael who voiced Ka-zar.

Maybe it's just me, but did anyone else notice the Senator Kelly voice actor in The Dark Knight? I could be wrong, but I think it sounds like him. He's one of the vocal men on the [BLACKOUT]good citizens boat[/BLACKOUT] toward the end.

now that you mention it, it does sound similiar.

how i miss XM:TAS. is it on reruns anywhere these days?

I wish Netflix hadn't taken the series down, I thoroughly enjoyed watching random episodes here and there. Plus with DoFP coming out the desire to watch those episodes is rising again.

[YT]ZfmqSOr2-NY[/YT]

Previously on X-Men - :p

You can watch them (the DOFP episodes) in YouTube for free.

Not the entire series but a handle are, since YT likes to delete things because of copy write and ownership even though we don't profit from it smh :whatever: the episode on DoFP is there but not the full saga, its there in parts only.

I loved this series growing up almost too much. It was part of the reason why I'm into the comics to begin with. It was such a great cartoon and the characters, although they were cartoon-y, were realistic because the writers kept the stories pretty close to the original. Loved all the Angel scenes involving Apocalypse and the four horseman, his brainwashing. All of Mystique's scenes were awesome. Rogue's back story with Mystique was so interesting. Loved Wolverine's crazy scenes because I originally thought the voice (and actor) and look all sounded/looked like Jack Nicholson. So many good memories. :woot:

Wolverine is the reason this show was so good

Last edited:
idk if anyone's noticed or considered, but this show makes a pretty decent sequel to X-Men Evolution.

With only a few missteps here and there (namely Jubilee right off the bat)

I actually have all of the episodes on DVD. I've been going through and watching them all in order the last couple weeks. Just finished the first couple of episodes of S2.

I've recently finally been watching Wolverine and the X-Men after putting off for so long, it's actually a lot better then I expected it to be. It feels like a nice fresh re-branding of the 90's Animated series that we all loved so much. Shame it never got to have another season.

I've recently finally been watching Wolverine and the X-Men after putting off for so long, it's actually a lot better then I expected it to be. It feels like a nice fresh re-branding of the 90's Animated series that we all loved so much. Shame it never got to have another season.

If the name wasn't Wolverine and The X-Men and if it last longer it would've been better than TAS

Wolverine is the reason this show was so good

^^
Watch all that and its plainly obvious that Wolverine got shafted in the movies. He's soft. They either didn't know how to handle him or they did a half-assed job. And for some reason movie Wolverine was incapable of dodging anything. He was bullet sponge who couldn't even speak Japanese - his second language. What a joke.

Did you know Halloween this year will be the 25th anniversary of the first episode of the animated series? So wonderful. Helped make me the fan I am today.

Why not celebrate by watching a few episodes tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"