DC Animation Young Justice Cartoon - Part 10

I thought we were done with Mars but nope. Between this long arc and last season its hard to fight for the shows future.

This episode got good about halfway through but boy the first half was very rough to watch. Like Stargirl, YJ is working on a budget and it is showing. So many still shots, so many "stock" footage shots, any way to have them talking w/out showing their mouths.... they took it.

This had a lot of flashbacks that i didn't think were needed as Artemis and Chesire are pretty fleshed out. Id rather that time be used to flesh out Arrowette, Spoiler, or Orphan.

I love Greg but he takes his No Spoiler responses a bit to seriously. Saying if Constantine exists in YJ-VERSE isnt any big spoiler....

Last edited:
I love Greg as well but his response’s can be a little doing too much.

I like the new way Barbara ends up the wheelchair.
Feels more Poignant this way.

Killing Joke left a bad taste in mouth, So I for one am glad this version change it up.

How's this season been guys? This show doesnt seem to be generating any buzz, like at all. And there's 8 episodes that have aired.

How's this season been guys? This show doesnt seem to be generating any buzz, like at all. And there's 8 episodes that have aired.

Step up from s3. Its broken into character arcs and a lot of short cuts to save money.

Martian arc was ok but way too long, lasted 4 episodes.

Artemis arc was very good and far more interesting.

Step up from s3. Its broken into character arcs and a lot of short cuts to save money.

Martian arc was ok but way too long, lasted 4 episodes.

Artemis arc was very good and far more interesting.
Just started the Artemis arc, indeed very good so far. Martian arc drags pretty bad. And yes, it looks like they use a lot of still images in these first few episodes from what I've seen so far, maybe an eye moving between monologues (lol) kind of wild. Maybe they didn't have a big budget? From what I am seeing it ramps up more as the season progresses, thankfully.

(Re: 4x09 "Odnu!")

The dissected and posed corpse of the guard is much more graphic than this show's usual fare. This is not an episode for children, and even adults might want to skip this episode if you don't want that gory image in your memory.

Zatanna's arc (really Vandal Savage/Klarion's so far) is firing off all cylinders. Main plot feels like it's moving now.

I did enjoy the first 2 arcs as well.

This was....a mess of an episode. It just felt very flat and the constant jumping between storylines didn't gel very well. Jumping between a glorified picture book to a telepath to the actual action is not a way to do things. I know they clearly are trying to save money but I dont know if it is worth it just to have slightly stronger animation?

I hate saying this, but this season has felt like a complete chore outside of maybe 1-2 episodes and some moments here and there. Ugh, we'll see if this continues.

This episode is the kind of episode where...I don't need more of Gar taking up valuable screen & animation time. We arent moving his story anymore further with seeing that he cant perform at work. We've already seen that he can't get his Superhero on and that is enough for the time being. Put his story on pause until we are ready for a resolution.

Apart from that and the usual that we've become accustomed to...it was a very good episode. We saw a very brief shot of all 3 Wonders in 1 place at the same time which has never happened.

The Bus mystery is coming to a fun end and if we have to save budget with a minutes worth of flashbacks then this is how I'd do it.

I do wonder what makes Child THAT MUCH stronger that a Lord of Order is able to do zero harm. Her being able to crack the Helmet of Fate was....not good for the heroes and I'm interested to see how they wrap it up.

Zataras backstory was nice to get... though out of all the changes YJ makes to a characters history, Sindella seemingly being a regular person is not the best one. She is a descendant from Arion, is a homo magi and a reason why Zatanna is as gifted as she is.

Never thought in this day and age would I see/hear a character(Zatara) recite the "Lord's Prayer"
in a cartoon series.

I still got to watch the first half.

It's a real shame how much this show dipped since season 1.

It does look a lot cheaper and the annoying thing is instead of scaling back they keep adding more and more. They're trying to tell the story of a whole DC universe within 1 show and it just doesn't work

It's a real shame how much this show dipped since season 1.

It does look a lot cheaper and the annoying thing is instead of scaling back they keep adding more and more. They're trying to tell the story of a whole DC universe within 1 show and it just doesn't work
I don’t get it, at least Disney revived Clone Wars with a last season that looked movie worthy. Now I don’t expect movie quality animation with this show, but I at least expect something that at least is up to par with the first two seasons. I don’t understand why the animation quality has dipped as badly as it did.

I don’t get it, at least Disney revived Clone Wars with a last season that looked movie worthy. Now I don’t expect movie quality animation with this show, but I at least expect something that at least is up to par with the first two seasons. I don’t understand why the animation quality has dipped as badly as it did.

Budget. DCU gave them a lower budget so they went with a different studio. They bounced back a little w s4, top tier animated studio but covid/scheduling/budget caused them to cut corners.

Greg/Brandon are very ambitious and I applaud them for it but they need to scale it down w/characters. But YJ is still better than 99% of the live action dc shows imo.

I think the problem is the show keeps getting bigger and grander so they have to spread the budget out more?
Idk I'm spitballing. It also can just be the obvious they don't get the same money they used to

Budget. DCU gave them a lower budget so they went with a different studio. They bounced back a little w s4, top tier animated studio but covid/scheduling/budget caused them to cut corners.

Greg/Brandon are very ambitious and I applaud them for it but they need to scale it down w/characters. But YJ is still better than 99% of the live action dc shows imo.
I'd agree with that but that's not saying much for me :ninja:
I don't think I've ever liked a live action DC show. Really only Daredevil and The Boys are the only live action SH shows (from any company) that I like beginning to end. Jessica Jones season 1 was good too

Last edited:
Getting caught up on season 4 and I’m already loving the end credits this season. Finished episode 3 and I love this one.

Just finished arc 2 and I thought it was really good. Just the theme of family and the one we’re born into and the one we choose and how we fight to keep.

The first arc was good as well but kinda lacking the punch arc 2 had except for that death which was tragic and unexpected but overall I’m liking this season so far. On to arc 3 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"