Titans Titans General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Read a interview, or a bit of a interview with Titus Welliver, not "spoiling" it since it is a spoiler for the show and there might be like 8 people into this, but man, this show and WBs rules are really dumb ****.

I only watched the first episode of season 4, but I'm shocked there was no swearing. :eek: (or I didn't notice it anyway) Maybe they listened to the people complaining about that and cleaned it up.

Decent episode, but it still bothers me that secret identities don't seem to matter at all. Pretty much everyone knows, Dick doesn't even need that mask. :whatever: Also I still don't get how Doom Patrol has way better CGI. Titans has CW level effects at times.

Really enjoyed these first two episodes. Seems like a step in the right direction after a disappointing third season. I hope they keep this up. I’m definitely intrigued.

I only watched the first episode of season 4, but I'm shocked there was no swearing. :eek: (or I didn't notice it anyway) Maybe they listened to the people complaining about that and cleaned it up.

Just watched episode 2, never mind :oldrazz:

Finally getting around to watching the new season.

Not sure why we need Tim around if they're just ignoring his connection to Bruce. It feels extremely forced.

Is Starfire that boring of a character that they've now practically stripped the character of anything relating to her comic counterpart?

It was nice that Gar finally used a transformation that wasn't a tiger.

Raven....not the best acting/directing when she was in pain as Luthor was dying.

Why no Donna?

There's nothing about Lex's death that leads to Connor looking as if he had done it...

I mean, Connor had blood on his hands and was kneeling over Lex, so I’m sure that’s enough for them.
Looking forward to seeing more of Gar’s transformations. I think there was a gorilla in one of the trailers. And I loved him using a tentacle to bowl. That whole scene was fun.
Definitely hope Donna makes an appearance, but I’m fine with her not being in the main group. I figure she’s just off living her life after being dead for a while.

I am wondering if we are going to get a Superman/Clark cameo here. I’m kind of hoping so. Maybe not as big of a role as Bruce had last season, but I wouldn’t mind him showing up. Would be cool to see them bring back Routh for it. Or dare I say…Nic Cage :nrv: lol

Finally getting around to watching the new season.

Not sure why we need Tim around if they're just ignoring his connection to Bruce. It feels extremely forced.

Is Starfire that boring of a character that they've now practically stripped the character of anything relating to her comic counterpart?

Yeah I don't get why Tim is even with them. At this point he's just a normal kid being dragged into dangerous situations by the Titans.

And agreed, where is my fun Starfire? She acts nothing like the character, and now she doesn't even have her powers...

"As the aptly named "Sir Not Appearing In This Series After Episode One"

Yeah, people complain about Marvel killing off their villains in movies and tv shows. Titans: Here's Lex Luthor. We kill him as soon as he appears."

I thought they had turned a new leaf after ep 1, no f-bombs. Episode 3, 3 f-bombs, with one of the worst lines that I can remember. "Get ****ed!" :facepalm: At least there's no ugly gray/blue filter so it looks better. Writing? Ughhhhh. Also, Franka Potente is not good in this.

Yeah, people complain about Marvel killing off their villains in movies and tv shows. Titans: Here's Lex Luthor. We kill him as soon as he appears."

I thought they had turned a new leaf after ep 1, no f-bombs. Episode 3, 3 f-bombs, with one of the worst lines that I can remember. "Get ****ed!" :facepalm: At least there's no ugly gray/blue filter so it looks better. Writing? Ughhhhh. Also, Franka Potente is not good in this.

Was hardly a tremendous loss for this edgelord-y show, where the heroes just stand around and barely even react or do anything. And most of them are usually a-holes who are almost as bad as the criminals they are targeting.

I just started watching part 1 of season 4. Are they still going to air part 2?

RIP Doom Patrol.

mad-kick.gif

As for Titans, hopefully that team will get a proper adaptation in the DCU.

I hear Doom Patrol is genuinely good, but it got 3-4 seasons at least, right? Considering how cancel happy WBD has been, it's a genuine accomplishment.

Hope the writers can keep introducing a ton of more characters before the show ends, since they think its a lot cooler than writing and telling actual stories.

Waste of potential and talent this thing.

In case anyone thinks these cancellations have anything to do with Gunn…

FnY-3G0WIAItqrs

I just started watching part 1 of season 4. Are they still going to air part 2?
Yes. The trades are saying that both show’s second part of their respective fourth seasons have already been written to have a proper ending. I wouldn’t expect them to shelve an entire unaired part of a series that’s complete.

Last edited:
Doom Patrol is certainly an aquired taste. It's the most irreverant live action series I watch and I am surprised it got 4 seasons. Titans though? Titans I am indifferent to losing. I mostly coast through it anyways and few of the characters are more than a passing resembelance to who they are meant to be.

Edgelord Titans is definitely an accurate moniker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"