• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johns is very hit and miss with his live-action stuff. Actually, he is pretty much hit and miss with his comic book stuff these days too. I have liked some of his comic book work over the years, I was a big fan maybe 10-15 years ago. Now the comic book stuff seems mostly be him involved in sequels etc to famous books written by somebody else. Like Doomsday Clock and the Upcoming "Three Jokers". Making Alan Moore sequels just feels like fan-fiction to me.

Most of the live action stuff, I have had an issue with him always pushing his own stuff. His thing of making Cyborg a JLA member instead of Titans. I mean DC has other stories to take inspiration from. Not everything has to have some sort of Geoff Johns connection from the last 10 years when made into live action.

I dont think anyone believes the writing is fantastic on the "Titans" Tv show or the GL movie either. He was heavily involved in those.

I haven't seen Stargirl. Its a personal project for him. I mean he has put that character in various DC shows over the years. I read some reviews that said it was good.

Then there is stuff that has worked out well for him and DC. Aquamans script isnt fantastic, but the movie was a huge hit and fun. Shazam was based a lot on the Johns/Gary Frank stuff. To be fair I think the director improved on the material. In the comics Billy is pretty disgusting brat. I am happy they changed that.

Larry Fong:

(On being asked if he is working with Zack on the Snyder Cut) : "Nope. Just offerings of love and support. Zack gave me an update today tho and I am beyond thrilled for my brother."

Hype intensifies.

A lot of people (probably the majority of DC fans) will disagree with me but bringing Snyder back is the best thing WB could do right now (and I've never even been that big of a fan of his). It's so obvious that without Snyder's JL story they have no plan for this universe going forward.
WBs standalone approach is boring and uninspiring. Shazam and Birds of Prey screamed 'filler' and "who cares?". No surprise they underperformed/flopped

He won't be the main driver anymore but it's nice to have someone with an actual vision

WBs standalone approach is boring and uninspiring. Shazam and Birds of Prey screamed 'filler' and "who cares?". No surprise they underperformed/flopped

He won't be the main driver anymore but it's nice to have someone with an actual vision

That's how I feel.

Collection of Snyder's Vero JL storyboards that I found lying around --uploaded them to imgur:
gzS9vRW.png

23D4PIe.png

B9mcXjQ.png

YpU6kMj.png

LuLv27q.png

FXdmyfL.png

P54txuS.png

puPuDls.png

9jXWDBk.png

gzS9vRW.png

Bonus...

CuT4ZOK.png

pMJ2Nia.png

it should all eventually build towards something, but i'd really like to see some new creative figures take charge in terms of the event films/crossovers. Muschietti would probably juggle an ensemble cast really well. Glad he's on flashpoint given the nature of what will probably take place in this multiverse event.

Did not see BoP yet. Shazam was OK for fun but not in the same category as MoS and BvS or WW IMO. AM was fun too but to my eye, doesn't "really" fit in the same world. just my opinion

Collection of Snyder's Vero JL storyboards that I found lying around --uploaded them to imgur:
gzS9vRW.png

23D4PIe.png

B9mcXjQ.png

YpU6kMj.png

LuLv27q.png

FXdmyfL.png

P54txuS.png

puPuDls.png

9jXWDBk.png

gzS9vRW.png

Bonus...

CuT4ZOK.png

pMJ2Nia.png

Snyder did a great job casting and building a believable superhero world. Costumes, technology, VFX... and I thank him and his team...

Last edited:
Zack said they never filmed his first vision of JL after WB had a look and said it was crazy "in his words"
They re-wrote it and filmed the second version which I assume was still the version that included the concept of JL1 and JL2 from his comments.

At some point they dropped the idea of JL2 so it was altered in some way to work. ?

At this point Zack and Deb must have come up with some idea that will allow him complete his vision, a new version using the materials he has available with no new "major" ensemble scenes film due to cost, cast availability and covid.

He must have a lot of previous material to work with including stuff from the assembly cut no doubt to fill in some scenes.

He will likely be filming new scenes/shots and ADR in some way that will help tell the story he has in mind.

No doubt VFX will be used to alter some scenes and drive the new story line. I am sure they figured out how to do all this with the resources available to them.

The idea and plan must be pretty good since they convinced ATT/WB to move ahead with it so the new version must make sense and be very interesting and should satisfy "most" of us...

I happened to be doing some research on this 2 weeks ago lol, don't worry about the source, its quote is the more comprehensive one I could find.

83710064_10157376776835835_4873192384844157543_n.jpg

IMO WB had 5 versions of the scripts

1) pre BvS ZS/Terrio script

2) post BvS, pre-JL production modified ZS/Terrio script as above.

3) Johns/"Affleck" re-writes on the fly on set

4) post-"unwatchable" Jett attack 1st screening in Jan 2017, and Whedon was brought in under Batgirl position to add some work

5) ZS left and Whedon did 80% of the film at the end

and from the quote above I believe ZS was referring to not shooting the "scary" stuff (Lois), but did shoot a lot of the original script, and @Tra-El and @SkullDevil mentioned he shoots everything out of the storyboard, so I'd make the educated guess that he did shoot everything except the stuff that made WB's brains explode

Yeah, that's my take. Zack's JL (after WB asked him to pull it back to one film) was going to be the modified version of what he originally wanted. But with the extra money he's getting now and the seeming freedom, he may bring it back closer to his original vision, end on a cliffhanger, and if its successful for the service, he may be able to lean back into the rest of his original story. He may have to adjust a bit to get there given the early modifications made, but he may still be able to get most of that story nonethless. I expect that he will end with the Darkseid tease at the end. That's the hope.

Cliff hanger kinda get people to want more too haha, if it's "the end" then people'd be like meh.

and I don't know if HBOMAX want it to be just a one off

I trust DS80, like why wouldn't you lol

Yeah but you cant bank on the SC being a smash success. If you end it on a cliffhanger and then we get no more after that we’re sorta right back to where we started where fans are unsatisfied. Most of us rational Snyder Cut fans campaigned for this so they could allow Zack to finish the end of his trilogy so that there could a conclusion to the Man of Steel saga. That would be so severely disappointing to end on a “to be continued...” because there was an immediate assumption we’d get more and we dont.

Well no offense to Snyder but after BvS underperfomred and was a critical disaster he is lucky he even got to go forward with JL. I realize that isnt a super popular opinion around these parts right now but no studio would have let him make the film the way he wanted to make it after that. Hell most would have pulled him from the project completely.

Yeah but you cant bank on the SC being a smash success. If you end it on a cliffhanger and then we get no more after that we’re sorta right back to where we started where fans are unsatisfied. Most of us rational Snyder Cut fans campaigned for this so they could allow Zack to finish the end of his trilogy so that there could a conclusion to the Man of Steel saga. That would be so severely disappointing to end on a “to be continued...” because there was an immediate assumption we’d get more and we dont.

If they choose to let him end on a cliffhanger than the decision is already made.

Pretty sure leaving it on a cliffhanger means

1) HBOMAX has the option to go for a season 2

2) WB has the option to do a JL2 movie, from a different director.

3) the end - fans get to imagine S2, lol.

Don't forget the fans yelling out for S2 will help HBOMAX's awareness and trending wise. Free marketing. Of course if it tanks then ya we won't get S2 but if he's getting to film "set ups" then.....it sounds like S2 is a go unless nobody watch this thing.

Personally I'd prefer the original original version (prob ending on a cliffhanger), full director's vision no studio interferences. If we don't get more, I'm fine with it, I got to see his full vision =)

I mean Hawkeye got 200M (LOL) and ZS did 300 for 65M in 2007, so sub-100-150M similar to GLC might be doable on a streaming platform, starring Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, JK Simmon, Jeremy Iron, Amy Adams etc, with "Ben Affleck's last turn as Batman"

=P

Last edited:
I don't know whether Snyder remains after the Snyder cut but after this he will definitely feel comfortable in handling over the DC Universe in someone else's hand. Like relieving a huge load.
att has already mapped out DC films plan for years to come something which WB felt impossible. Guess top brass change was the key to break free of the incompetent reign that spawned during tsujihara and Which failed to make any coherent strategy

I mean Hawkeye got 200M (LOL) and ZS did 300 for 65M in 2007, so sub-100-150M similar to GLC might be doable on a streaming platform, starring Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, JK Simmon, Jeremy Iron, Amy Adams etc, with "Ben Affleck's last turn as Batman"

=P
I think $200M is an estimate on $25M an episode for 8 episodes. Falcon & Winter Soldier is 6 last time I checked. Wandavision was 6, but read it might be more. So if Hawkeye is only 6, then it's probably around $150 which is more palatable.

You run into the issues that the X-Men had with characters with powers and more story driven movies if you try and do JL movies at about $100-$150.

Same thing with GLC, if the entire series is on Earth, I'd be extremely disappointed. Maybe $175M?

But sequels to JL2 & 3? You really want/think that they can do it in the range of $100-$150M and if you want them to be more a 4 hour series than a 2 hour and 45 minute movie? Plus, you don't think Cavill would want to be paid?

Throw in the fact that you are doing GOT waiting in between. Spring 2021 for ZSJL? A potential JL2 series/movie? Probably sometime in 2023. For a streaming service, that won't make people stick around. Hopefully we'll find out more next month but at the very least they should at least have cast and dates for JLD and GLC.

IMO ATT should separate DC FILMS division from WARNER BROS with exclusive production house spearheaded by freash guy. I guess the old executives have a sword hanging on their heads since they have to report to att and not tsujihara now. They have to delivera great production now or they gone in a moment.
Att has a back up plan to bring in a clean fresh team overseeing DC films if things get bad something which in tsujihara was not possible.

Right now their strategy is ideal. Making thlwo to three DC universes for a multiverse concept something that can keep old directors and new upcoming directors while boasting a connected universe is a great plan

Considering the huge announcements at DC FANDOME, att WB teams are taking more than one steps at a time. Hbo Max needs its flaghip content which they get by FLEXING freely on dc, since they own them.
A huge cash cow. I do think the plan is to bring JJ abrams for aa future justice League movie with a crisis on IE like scope

Since the films will still be director driven but we will have to see at DC FANDOME or in the upcoming days what kind of tone att wants from the directors. Since SNYDER is gone. I feel like it will be more heroic and light with DC mythos and humor. They aren't copying the other company. Since this whole snydercut news and a new multiverse tease we haven't got any new film announcement apart from CAVILL coming back

Many changes are being made on the future in development MOVIES like Batgirl and other which are going to be announced at DC FANDOME only then we will know what kind of tone at&T is pursuing.
But Keaton coming back tells me they are eager to cover nostalgic crowd as well as present DC crowd. For general normie crowd they will go politics free movies sole for entertaining purpose something which snyder started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"