Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KEATON and bale are on he cards if they want nostalgia but DC animation and WB Animation is begging for a fresh change in leadership since dcau movies are more rehashed with mediocre to bad production.
Well it's coming too, at this moment att can do anything at anytime. That's the advantage of existing under a big organisation

DC leaving diamond is part of the bigger move, DC is more flexible on using time to set themselves as full digital with smaller distributors for physical sales. DC can't get blackmailed rn. So I see DCUNIVERSE service as a COMICS only service while DC shows moveover to HBO MAX.

I see att bringing a sole separate DC producer among the ranks of DC. No Geoff Johns. No Jim Lee but someone other who will produce DC MOVIES in a couple of years or maybe next.

I think $200M is an estimate on $25M an episode for 8 episodes. Falcon & Winter Soldier is 6 last time I checked. Wandavision was 6, but read it might be more. So if Hawkeye is only 6, then it's probably around $150 which is more palatable.

You run into the issues that the X-Men had with characters with powers and more story driven movies if you try and do JL movies at about $100-$150.

Same thing with GLC, if the entire series is on Earth, I'd be extremely disappointed. Maybe $175M?

But sequels to JL2 & 3? You really want/think that they can do it in the range of $100-$150M and if you want them to be more a 4 hour series than a 2 hour and 45 minute movie? Plus, you don't think Cavill would want to be paid?

Throw in the fact that you are doing GOT waiting in between. Spring 2021 for ZSJL? A potential JL2 series/movie? Probably sometime in 2023. For a streaming service, that won't make people stick around. Hopefully we'll find out more next month but at the very least they should at least have cast and dates for JLD and GLC.

That's why Stephen M Colbert was saying the more successful the more they'll do, the less success the less they will do...if each episode is about 25M then you might get another (full?) 6-episode season if it's really successful for this platform, if it's moderate or borderline successful and 30M/episode - 30M x 3 = 90M, you could get away with a 3-episode wrap of the series with only slightly higher budget to "Snyder Cut" and milk this section of the audience.

Plus all these Marvel shows are relying on the "MARVEL" brand except Loki where the lead's quite popular, but HBOMAX can draw on billion dollar franchise character/actors like Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot (400M US with one of the longest box office legs in superhero history) and even Ben Affleck for attention and subscriptions....I doubt Jeremy Renner, Anthony Mackay, Liz Olsen and Paul Bettany have the same star power.

and I don't know who has more diehard fans to subscribe, general audience are probably not that keen to just subscribe for Falcon and Wanda, but Disney+ still went for it.

As for season 2 if they do do get it it'd be say 2023, ZS is pretty quick at it. You probably have JLD and GLC as hit DC shows for 2022, then by 2021 they'd know if it's worth pumping out spin offs like BOP, Deathstroke, Cyborg etc from 2023/2024, I mean it's about milking it as much as you can lol.

IDK if the Affleck rumors are tru (prob not) but if he does agree for a streaming platform (with Ana as Catwoman lol), that'd be another power play say for 2025 then you could have ZS blockbusters from 2021 every 2 years and spin offs/2nd tiers like GLC, JLD, Cyborg etc in between....

It just depends on whether this thing tanks like 2017 TC JL or becomes a hit, in streaming matrix, then the floodgate will open, as was suppose to be the case in 2017

Att is watching Snyder very closely on what he delivers on SNYDER CUT, before tell him let's have a talk. Considering snyder loves to take full control of his films

Dc characters outshine its company, like considering how ICONIC justice League characters are the DC brand is under their umbrella. Not the other way around.
BATMAN SUPERMAN WONDER WOMAN GRREN LANTERN AQUAMAN MARTIAN MAN HUNTER BLACK CANARY DARKSEID
dc is just a company under their name
That's how popular these characters are.
This is huge advantage

Normally ppl offshore don't know what DC is while knowing every character of justice League it's because DC has a huge legacy with its characters

Again, we have to keep in mind that we can't evaluate the ZSJLC through normal means. HBO Max will have their own internal evaluations. How much do people talk about it? How much does it help brand recognition for HBO Max, especially with how poorly they have marketed the naming of the app.

I remember when I first subscribed to Netflix. By that point, I had heard of it for a long time, so I was completely familiar with it just through word of mouth. Same goes for iPhones, Samsung Androids, etc. Brand recognition. And if they do get Affleck back, that's huge for them. Think about how many articles in mainstream sites were about the Snyder Cut and HBO Max? Even CNN had something about it. And all of that is sheer free marketing and brand recognition not just for the movie, but for their streaming service.

The key is just for the SC not to be so bad that it turns into a joke. Hopefully, with letting Zack see his vision through and supporting him and correctly marketing this (for example, this is a closed story, market it as such so there is a management of expectations), you get the best version of what he's trying to do. Don't force him to edit it at the last minute like BVS so you get an inferior copy (hard to really know how bvs would have been received if the extended cut was the theatrical cut).

AT&T will want the streaming service to be kept in the public eye so the Snyder-verse and Friends Reunion and so on is all an attempt to do that. We've seen Netflix put a lot of money into movies and tv shows as investments so that people keep their subscriptions active rather than cancel right after a new show is binged or a movie is dropped. I expect new and interesting stuff to continually come to Netflix so even if it's not a great movie, say, Bright, but is still entertaining, in my mind, it's just knowing new and interesting content will continually be available. That's what the other streamers are trying to get to. It's the long game.

Im gonna be the happiest guy on earth the day we get a World’s Finest movie or streaming show. That would be delightful. Been waiting my entire life to see something like that.

Again, we have to keep in mind that we can't evaluate the ZSJLC through normal means. HBO Max will have their own internal evaluations. How much do people talk about it? How much does it help brand recognition for HBO Max, especially with how poorly they have marketed the naming of the app.

I remember when I first subscribed to Netflix. By that point, I had heard of it for a long time, so I was completely familiar with it just through word of mouth. Same goes for iPhones, Samsung Androids, etc. Brand recognition. And if they do get Affleck back, that's huge for them. Think about how many articles in mainstream sites were about the Snyder Cut and HBO Max? Even CNN had something about it. And all of that is sheer free marketing and brand recognition not just for the movie, but for their streaming service.

The key is just for the SC not to be so bad that it turns into a joke. Hopefully, with letting Zack see his vision through and supporting him and correctly marketing this (for example, this is a closed story, market it as such so there is a management of expectations), you get the best version of what he's trying to do. Don't force him to edit it at the last minute like BVS so you get an inferior copy (hard to really know how bvs would have been received if the extended cut was the theatrical cut).

AT&T will want the streaming service to be kept in the public eye so the Snyder-verse and Friends Reunion and so on is all an attempt to do that. We've seen Netflix put a lot of money into movies and tv shows as investments so that people keep their subscriptions active rather than cancel right after a new show is binged or a movie is dropped. I expect new and interesting stuff to continually come to Netflix so even if it's not a great movie, say, Bright, but is still entertaining, in my mind, it's just knowing new and interesting content will continually be available. That's what the other streamers are trying to get to. It's the long game.

I have no idea about the mechanizing revenues but putting it out on hbomax also helps to generate income through toys and products, plus we throw our money away for collector's edition, blu rays etc as well, because we treat it as an event, a film status.

That's why Stephen M Colbert was saying the more successful the more they'll do, the less success the less they will do...if each episode is about 25M then you might get another (full?) 6-episode season if it's really successful for this platform, if it's moderate or borderline successful and 30M/episode - 30M x 3 = 90M, you could get away with a 3-episode wrap of the series with only slightly higher budget to "Snyder Cut" and milk this section of the audience.

Plus all these Marvel shows are relying on the "MARVEL" brand except Loki where the lead's quite popular, but HBOMAX can draw on billion dollar franchise character/actors like Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot (400M US with one of the longest box office legs in superhero history) and even Ben Affleck for attention and subscriptions....I doubt Jeremy Renner, Anthony Mackay, Liz Olsen and Paul Bettany have the same star power.

and I don't know who has more diehard fans to subscribe, general audience are probably not that keen to just subscribe for Falcon and Wanda, but Disney+ still went for it.

As for season 2 if they do do get it it'd be say 2023, ZS is pretty quick at it. You probably have JLD and GLC as hit DC shows for 2022, then by 2021 they'd know if it's worth pumping out spin offs like BOP, Deathstroke, Cyborg etc from 2023/2024, I mean it's about milking it as much as you can lol.

IDK if the Affleck rumors are tru (prob not) but if he does agree for a streaming platform (with Ana as Catwoman lol), that'd be another power play say for 2025 then you could have ZS blockbusters from 2021 every 2 years and spin offs/2nd tiers like GLC, JLD, Cyborg etc in between....

It just depends on whether this thing tanks like 2017 TC JL or becomes a hit, in streaming matrix, then the floodgate will open, as was suppose to be the case in 2017
You also have to think of Disney+ as a whole, Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney Animated/Live Action, not to mention all the Fox stuff they are getting. You're right that they are marketing their Brands and people who've been invested in 23 MCU movies, will be interested in these streaming shows. But Marvel has been building good will for the past 12 years.

But with the DCEU and the Snyder Cut, what do you do? Do you put the cart before the horse and actively try and set up sequels and spinoffs before the Snyder Cut is released or do a wait and see how the SC is released and then put yourself that much further out?

Lastly, I still don't think you can do a 3 episode wrap up of the series for only $90M. Snyder hasn't spent less than $225M for any of his movies, cast would have to take pay cuts or they really would have to streamline effects, and to tell a proper JL conclusion, I just don't see that.

The benefit and problem with HBO is it's a "spinoff" for lack of a better term of their existing HBO GO/Now services. It already had 43M subscribers last year. Unfortunately, on Day 1 of HBO Max, they only gathered 87K downloads across Apple and Google Play which is less than Disney+ and Quibble got on their 1st days, but again those were new services.

I'm really interested in the July quarterly numbers from HBO Max. However, if they are just going to say yeah HBO Max has 43M subscribers, that really shows that they didn't start off on the wrong foot and can only hope that with each new series they have they can build upon that. But, I think it's going to be at least 2 years before we get an original DCEU series (Not including the Snyder Cut).

However, they have to start somewhere, I just think they should have started earlier.

I have no idea about the mechanizing revenues but putting it out on hbomax also helps to generate income through toys and products, plus we throw our money away for collector's edition, blu rays etc as well, because we treat it as an event, a film status.
I don't really think they differentiate which version of a DC character is generating the revenue though? Is someone buying a Batman t-shirt because they just saw Pattison's Batman? Or played a new Batman game? Or did he just watch Snyder's JL?

I don't really think they differentiate which version of a DC character is generating the revenue though? Is someone buying a Batman t-shirt because they just saw Pattison's Batman? Or played a new Batman game? Or did he just watch Snyder's JL?

Not sure, like when a SW film is released they probably check the number of sales around that period, same with if WW84 is released they chock up the sale spike to the movie, might be the same when SC is released when more Batffleck toys are sold or more views/sales on MOS/BvS/WW etc, international TVs tend to like to play previous films leading up to the release to capitalize on the interest.

I bought the 1998 Cats DVD when the crappy Cats movie came out last year lol, yes the crappy movie made me buy the old better version lol

...oh, we're gonna get that pinkie...
:cwink:

Just found this vid. Seems a lot is confirmed to one degree or another and most makes sense. Fun watch.

Larry Fong has been active as well. When someone mentioned Superman's black suit he said "Your patience will be awarded.." and put a wink emoji regarding the black suit. Exciting.

Also he’ll yeah Justice League Rebirth! Bring it

I wouldn’t get too excited it’s In Development, there’s no script, no director etc. It could even take years upon years for it to finally happen. I bet right now they’re just figuring out what the approach will be,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"