Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know right. its such a shame. hes showing support for another director and hes attacked cuz he did marvel movies.

its like sports teams or political parties. people like to get all tribalist.
its a winner take all mentality.

it's dumb tho cuz people getting worked up over fictional characters and stories. lol

I guess these people interpreted the Russos' quote as "Marvel is better than WB/DC because they let us direct the movies the way we wanted" even though they were just being supportive of Zack.

well, it is true that marvel is better in that respect tho. haha. but they did not exactly say that.

its like sports teams or political parties. people like to get all tribalist.
its a winner take all mentality.

it's dumb tho cuz people getting worked up over fictional characters and stories. lol

It's also weird to me because the most hardcore DCEU fans got what they wanted with the Snyder cut. It's now time to chill out.

It's also weird to me because the most hardcore DCEU fans got what they wanted with the Snyder cut. It's now time to chill out.

it's what buddha has said - human desire will never be satisfied.
the more one wants, the more one suffers.

It should be pointed out Ray probably has the least to lose by speaking out on this. The others have at least somewhat successful careers outside this, so they may not wanna rock the boat or jeopardize future opportunities.
Nor should they.

NDA’s are usually indefinite. Once you sign them youre more or less forever held to them.

...they normally do have time limits but can be indefinite.. Can have any conditions you are willing to stipulate. I can't imagine a film NDA to incorporate anything more than provisions not to discuss or reveal the projects plot or details until the film is released and may include "no diparaging remarks" that could damage the films success etc... Most likely expires at the films release.

Of course, IF any confidential info is made public by anyone other tha the signing parties,... all bets are off. Public info is public....

I would assume they are more in depth than that. And I would almost bet if things really go to pot like supposedly did here the lawyers would add to the NDAs and have them sign them again. The studio only wants out what it can control.

I would assume they are more in depth than that. And I would almost bet if things really go to pot like supposedly did here the lawyers would add to the NDAs and have them sign them again. The studio only wants out what it can control.

After the fact, they could "try" to get another NDA in place to CTA. This would then be a second agreement and would need to give something in order to compel the second party to sign.
There would be no reason to sign a secondary after-the -fact. NDA if there was already a dispute... that would certainly be negating your claims or against your self interests in some manner. This could be considered a settlement of sorts and weaken or cause your claims to be dismissed.

I don't think any lawyer would allow their client to sign another NDA NOW unless it was to settle the matter.

I am sure there are legal types lurking around here who could shed more light than I...

I cant imagine Rey didnt at least get Snyder’s blessing because whether he knows it or not this is going to cast a cloud over the movie and Ray owes whatever career he has now to Snyder. So im assuming Zack is cool with all this.

I cant imagine Rey didnt at least get Snyder’s blessing because whether he knows it or not this is going to cast a cloud over the movie and Ray owes whatever career he has now to Snyder. So im assuming Zack is cool with all this.

my gut feeling tells me this is almost 100% the case. he got zack's blessing for this.

I'm by no means a Whedon supporter (I don't blindly hate on the guy because of his job with JL but I strongly dislike his version and his work in general) but I'd like to see how some people would react if things got reversed.

What if someone from the crew started posting about Ray Fisher being an abusive person during the movie? Without really providing anything but very generic comments. What would the reaction be?

I'm all for people speaking out but people hey, if you have absolutely nothing to back your claim, don't be mad if someone does the same to you.

"This will take some time. We will get it done, and we will win. And I'll be able to move on in the world."

Anyone think Fisher could be prepping a lawsuit?

My "guess".

Ray was very upset with the way the upstart replacement Whedon team and WB treated the veteran Snyder team and cast. Whedon bullied and was gross and crass...unprofessional in Ray's opinion.

WB walked back any plans for a Cyborg feature. Maybe broke a contract-or at least Ray feels they did? But usually studios have provisions and stipulations and don't "have to" do a sequel any future projects but the talent IS obligated. There is no doubt some money either way but not the big payday a feature would promise.

I "personally" don't see a stand alone Cyborg feature or how that would actually work or be received. Cyborg used in JL and future "team-ups" without a doubt. Cyborg alone... Heavy lift IMO.

Maybe someone has a great idea for the project and it will move forward. I hope so for Ray. Maybe a MS on HBOMax?

Again, IF there IS more to this story and allegations, all bets are off...

my gut feeling tells me this is almost 100% the case. he got zack's blessing for this.

Not knowing Zack but but based on what I have seen and heard, my guess is that he may not have given his blessing as much as saying that Ray must follow his heart. No doubt Zack wishes the best for him. I don't get the impression that Zack forces his will on anyone. He seems to use his reason to influence or give advise. People can take it or leave it seems like his attitude.

I'm by no means a Whedon supporter (I don't blindly hate on the guy because of his job with JL but I strongly dislike his version and his work in general) but I'd like to see how some people would react if things got reversed.

What if someone from the crew started posting about Ray Fisher being an abusive person during the movie? Without really providing anything but very generic comments. What would the reaction be?

I'm all for people speaking out but people hey, if you have absolutely nothing to back your claim, don't be mad if someone does the same to you.

If that happened with Ray, I would want to know who said it. I would also find it surprising because there has been nothing to suggest that Ray is that kind of person. There has been evidence to the contrary for Joss. So, for me, I'm taking into consideration the parties involved, their personalities, their histories, what others have said about them, and so on. Would I like more details on this situation, of course. But I have a hard time believing Ray is doing this without some serious thought behind it. I don't think he is doing this lightly. He comes across as one of those people that when they say something like this, I listen.

Is it the best approach to take? Maybe not. But it also may be that other approaches he took behind closed doors did not work. So what's left? Just shut up and act? Or put your values where your money is? As he said, accountability>entertainment.

My "guess".

Ray was very upset with the way the upstart replacement Whedon team and WB treated the veteran Snyder team and cast. Whedon bullied and was gross and crass...unprofessional in Ray's opinion.

WB walked back any plans for a Cyborg feature. Maybe broke a contract-or at least Ray feels they did? But usually studios have provisions and stipulations and don't "have to" do a sequel any future projects but the talent IS obligated. There is no doubt some money either way but not the big payday a feature would promise.

I "personally" don't see a stand alone Cyborg feature or how that would actually work or be received. Cyborg used in JL and future "team-ups" without a doubt. Cyborg alone... Heavy lift IMO.

Maybe someone has a great idea for the project and it will move forward. I hope so for Ray. Maybe a MS on HBOMax?

Again, IF there IS more to this story and allegations, all bets are off...
Good Guess.
==

So that's interesting, he's under NDA but he is not needing to spill commercial secrets especially if the film's already out, so can he express his personal account and experience with the manager of the workplace?

If he brings out claims, then there's the "whether he broke NDA" case and whether Whedon wants to take action and bring him to court, where I'm guessing if he has any slight evidence (witness accounts, tapes etc) he could use something like opinion and claims against a public figure under free speech? It's a big tool to use in my country, not sure about USA.

So the key thing for me is whether his lawyer thinks he can make claims not breaching NDA restrictions, and if they have any evidence in case Whedon sues them?

Or isn't there like tribunals and workers' union there lol. Or like Senate invites Ray Fisher to testify. =P

Someone please tell me if snyder is good when its come to action sequences ?

had to defend snyder ability to make good actions sequences in the "Batman thread" because most think the warehouse sequence & the batmobile chase in BVS wasnt that great, and matt reeves doesnt have to impress like him ,because Batfleck wasnt the "real batman" the batmobile chase didnt feel correct to the story "sort of"
can you believe we come to the point when people think that man cant shoot great action ? this is crazy over here

had to defend snyder ability to make good actions sequences in the "Batman thread" because most think the warehouse sequence & the batmobile chase in BVS wasnt that great, and matt reeves doesnt have to impress like him ,because Batfleck wasnt the "real batman" the batmobile chase didnt feel correct to the story "sort of"
can you believe we come to the point when people think that man cant shoot great action ? this is crazy over here
Who are you?

205667.gif

Personally, if I usually love Snyder work behind the camera, I have to say that the batmobile chase sequence always felt kind of badly edited and disorienting to me.
On an other side, I think the batmobile sequence in the Justice League final has great potential... when the ugly red sky will be erased and Junkie XL score restore...
Just for the joke, when it comes to action scene, I feel like Snyder is the reverse-Nolan ; if the fists fights are well choregraphed and edited, the car chases are sketchy and off.

Finally, I would just say that there's no problem with people disliking a filmaker direction or another. We can debate but ultimately, it's a matter of taste and as long as people are nice with each other and argumented, opinions should be respected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennydavis
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"