Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how does everyone feel this will do with the general audience, I mean surely some are gonna find out or know about it. I don’t think the general audience is really aware of it and I imagine some that do will just think it’s the 2017 movie so won’t bother.

So how does everyone feel this will do with the general audience, I mean surely some are gonna find out or know about it. I don’t think the general audience is really aware of it and I imagine some that do will just think it’s the 2017 movie so won’t bother.

I'm also guessing that the vast majority are not even aware of it. That might change once all the geek sites and youtubers start reporting on it though.

I'm also guessing that the vast majority are not even aware of it. That might change once all the geek sites and youtubers start reporting on it though.

Yeah maybe it could be a slow burn type thing with viewers.I’m really interested to know what it’s margin is considered to be a success.

Its a mental block for most people.

As I said, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to watch a 4-hour movie. At the same time I don't think Snyder should divide the movie into parts just so this segment of the audience would give the film a try.

Given Snyders run and what I thought of MoS and BvS, I think the audience will likely find it underwhelming. Far to long, not enough action, semi boring.

Given Snyders run and what I thought of MoS and BvS, I think the audience will likely find it underwhelming. Far to long, not enough action, semi boring.

I predict that the pacing will be too slow even for diehards. I think both Watchmen and BvS drag, there's not enough momentum to carry the audience through to the end. And I say that as someone who likes both movies.

As I said, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to watch a 4-hour movie. At the same time I don't think Snyder should divide the movie into parts just so this segment of the audience would give the film a try.
Snyder has said the film's narrative was already written a bit like chapters. It's personally why I was actually more excited, because I do think he works better in segmented doses rather than the long-form.

With how late we've gotten this confirmation, it's clear this decision was driven more by studio/money politics.

Here’s the thing, at the end of the day its all about how compelling the material is. I’ve watched Endgame 3-4 times and each time it never felt like a three hour movie, the runtime flew by and i think its partly because the plot was constantly moving and engaging and fun.

Snyder’s DC movies are like a pressure cooker, its a slow simmering build in the first half until things explode out of control in the second half. I anticipate this will be no different.

However! I dont think this will be quite as slow paced as BvS. BvS was very much a political thriller/drama and focused heavily on Bruce and Clark as opposed to their alter egos. I think JL will have a lot more action spaced out throughout the movie to prevent people from getting bored.

I keep thinking of things I can’t wait for Superman’s first flight redone is my most anticipated moment.

68B7A7F2-3B3A-41C9-B1BB-229CF52E9A99.jpeg

Second for me is the History Lesson.

What’s everyone else’s most anticipated moment?

I keep thinking of things I can’t wait for Superman’s first flight redone is my most anticipated moment.

View attachment 41800

Second for me is the History Lesson.

What’s everyone else’s most anticipated moment?

I have many but #1 for me is Superman vs Steppenwolf. Hoping that battle tops Superman vs Zod in MoS.

I have many but #1 for me is Superman vs Steppenwolf. Hoping that battle tops Superman vs Zod in MoS.

Yeah that’s gonna be awesome, I remember I couldn’t wait for that in 2017. I have a feeling this time it’ll be the moment I was waiting for.

I watched BvS for the first time with my SO today. I expected her not to like the movie, because she has never heard of DC and her taste is mostly disney movies/feel good romcoms/kdramas etc.

She liked it. But you know what surprised me? When we reached the Martha scene, I paused. I asked her "Did you realise what happened?" She said "Yeah, Batman couldnt save his own mother, when he saw Superman pleading for his mom's life, it reminded him of himself".

She followed that up with a "do you think I'm dumb :whatever:" but what floored me is she gave me a new perspective of a scene from a movie I have been obsessing over for 4 years now. I know this is not related to JL, but just wanted to share.

I watched BvS for the first time with my SO today. I expected her not to like the movie, because she has never heard of DC and her taste is mostly disney movies/feel good romcoms/kdramas etc.

She liked it. But you know what surprised me? When we reached the Martha scene, I paused. I asked her "Did you realise what happened?" She said "Yeah, Batman couldnt save his own mother, when he saw Superman pleading for his mom's life, it reminded him of himself".

She followed that up with a "do you think I'm dumb :whatever:" but what floored me is she gave me a new perspective of a scene from a movie I have been obsessing over for 4 years now. I know this is not related to JL, but just wanted to share.

What’s SO mean?

Did you not see that scene that way before? How did you take it before?

What’s SO mean?

Did you not see that scene that way before? How did you take it before?

Significant other.

No I didnt. I saw it as Superman being humanised in Bruce's eye, as he realised he is a man, who has a family. A mom, a partner. Someone who's dying wish is that his mom's life is saved. And Bruce finally realised he was the villain. That's how I always saw it, right from the first watch back in 24th March, 2016.

She gave me a completely different read of the scene, which is just far more elegant, and simpler.

Personally, I wish that Snyder would have focused more on making Bruce realize that he was seconds away from being the new "Joe Chill" and not on the fact their (Bruce and Clark) mothers had the same first name.

Plus, Superman being humanized in Bruce's eyes shouldn't have made him completely drop his valid concerns regarding Superman's being a potential threat to humanity one day.

Last edited:
Significant other.

No I didnt. I saw it as Superman being humanised in Bruce's eye, as he realised he is a man, who has a family. A mom, a partner. Someone who's dying wish is that his mom's life is saved. And Bruce finally realised he was the villain. That's how I always saw it, right from the first watch back in 24th March, 2016.

She gave me a completely different read of the scene, which is just far more elegant, and simpler.

You know I think I’ve always just took it as all of the above in regards to your answer and your SO answer.

Personally, I wish that Snyder would have focused more on making Bruce realize that he was seconds away from being the new "Joe Chill" and not on the fact their (Bruce and Clark) mothers had the same first name.

Plus, Superman being humanized in Bruce's eyes shouldn't have made him completely drop his valid concerns regarding Superman's potential for being a potential threat to humanity one day.

But that was all just Bruce rationalizing his choices. That's why we see Alfred disagree with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"