Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I legitimately do not understand the complaints about it being 4 hours. You’re at home. You can literally pause it to go eat a meal or drop a deuce at any point. This is just mostly negativity from
anti-Snyder people. I’m glad it’s all coming out at once. We’ve waited nearly four years for it all ready.

There's always the pause button.
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

upload_2021-1-17_18-14-48.gif

Last edited:
I watched BvS for the first time with my SO today. I expected her not to like the movie, because she has never heard of DC and her taste is mostly disney movies/feel good romcoms/kdramas etc.

She liked it. But you know what surprised me? When we reached the Martha scene, I paused. I asked her "Did you realise what happened?" She said "Yeah, Batman couldnt save his own mother, when he saw Superman pleading for his mom's life, it reminded him of himself".

She followed that up with a "do you think I'm dumb :whatever:" but what floored me is she gave me a new perspective of a scene from a movie I have been obsessing over for 4 years now. I know this is not related to JL, but just wanted to share.

she’s a keeper!

Zack showed a flashback of his mother being killed. AND father saying Martha... his mother.
I think he meant it to mean exactly what your SO said and also humanizing Superman as Clark etc. works on many levels.

I personally don’t get the criticism of that scene. Oh well. Say La Vee.

I fear, like BVS had Knightmare and JL Emails, ZSJL will have content that has nothing to do with the movie.

Lex and Deathstroke yacht scene that won't be post credits anymore

Overall, I am glad the movie is coming out but feel this is best released as a single one-shot at this point with how things have sort of soured a tad with the whole investigation fallout ongoing.

I hope they release the original script before BvS reception too. Overall, Snyder is excited about what he was able to reshape. My impression is it became more team based focus on other characters and 4 hours provides time to intertwine these story threads.

The only thing I am disappointed by so far is Steppenwolf's design. I liked the concept art better. Way more sinister. I suppose a Brock Lesnar like chest marking and added spikes give him a cartoonish masculinity. The face looks too much like Thanos too but I suppose a lot was prevised out so redoing design to match concept art just wasn't possible at this stage post production.

The original script and maybe cartoon based what if episodes I think would be fun if this is a hit.

Batman dropping the spear after hearing the name is fine. What doesn’t work for me is Batman suddenly becoming friends with Superman and that’s it. Like what? It goes from 0 to 100 in 5 seconds flat, no in between. Bruce should know after spending 20 years fighting crime that there have been dangerous people who can love their child, parent or significant other...genuinely love them...and still be capable of shooting 60 ppl in one room. Superman can have a mother, love her and still be capable of wiping out thousands or millions.

The reason why some folks find Snyder’s movies a drag is because he likes having characters walking in slow-motion, fighting in slow-motion with a sense of dread surrounding the scene. Often there’s not much levity either. BvS really doubles down on this. And then you spend 10 minutes in Africa with characters you’ve never seen and will never see again (minus Lois). Or a 20 minute action scene with a ton of CG filling the frame, while the character moments are kinda rushed by comparison.

Zack is bold and I really do think JL will be a bit different for him (maybe his best work). But he has a tendency to not understand how to put together a movie that is balanced, engaging. There’s a emotional distance with his characters so it also comes off cold. His recipe for storytelling is extremely odd. But I think that’s why people don’t skip his movies. It’s like WHAT IS HE GONNA DO NOW!? And I’d rather that than the formulaic stuff we usually see every 6 months from this genre.

Success or failure, my Batman or NOT my Batman etc...I’m intrigued. I have more confidence in his JL because I believe MOS and BvS were experiments. Characters in a phase acting out of character, which will lead to JL where the Trinity are now optimistic and ready to fight for humanity.

I'm wondering how that NYT dude missed this? He said this would be released in "segments"when rumors of this being a movie again have been going around since at least December

Batman dropping the spear after hearing the name is fine. What doesn’t work for me is Batman suddenly becoming friends with Superman and that’s it. Like what? It goes from 0 to 100 in 5 seconds flat, no in between. Bruce should know after spending 20 years fighting crime that there have been dangerous people who can love their child, parent or significant other...genuinely love them...and still be capable of shooting 60 ppl in one room. Superman can have a mother, love her and still be capable of wiping out thousands or millions.

They didn't become friends. They just weren't enemies. Plus, Bruce always admitted his take on Superman was that he wasn't a threat NOW, but maybe (1%) some day. In other words, he was choosing to act on his 1% fear instead of 99% hope. His problem was always himself: how he saw himself. The Martha moment doesn't change the fact that Superman could do something bad in Bruce's mind. It changes how he wants to deal with that possibility.

The reason why some folks find Snyder’s movies a drag is because he likes having characters walking in slow-motion, fighting in slow-motion with a sense of dread surrounding the scene. Often there’s not much levity either. BvS really doubles down on this. And then you spend 10 minutes in Africa with characters you’ve never seen and will never see again (minus Lois). Or a 20 minute action scene with a ton of CG filling the frame, while the character moments are kinda rushed by comparison.

Zack is bold and I really do think JL will be a bit different for him (maybe his best work). But he has a tendency to not understand how to put together a movie that is balanced, engaging. There’s a emotional distance with his characters so it also comes off cold. His recipe for storytelling is extremely odd. But I think that’s why people don’t skip his movies. It’s like WHAT IS HE GONNA DO NOW!? And I’d rather that than the formulaic stuff we usually see every 6 months from this genre.

Success or failure, my Batman or NOT my Batman etc...I’m intrigued. I have more confidence in his JL because I believe MOS and BvS were experiments. Characters in a phase acting out of character, which will lead to JL where the Trinity are now optimistic and ready to fight for humanity.

I walk in slow motion sometimes. People shake their heads, I think that means they think I look cool.

They didn't become friends. They just weren't enemies. Plus, Bruce always admitted his take on Superman was that he wasn't a threat NOW, but maybe (1%) some day. In other words, he was choosing to act on his 1% fear instead of 99% hope. His problem was always himself: how he saw himself. The Martha moment doesn't change the fact that Superman could do something bad in Bruce's mind. It changes how he wants to deal with that possibility.
Well said

*next scene* “I’m a friend of your sons!”.

Thing is, Snyder does have a lot of heart in his films, its just...more subtle than people would like and perhaps not enough of it. MoS in particular has moments between Clark and Martha that make me choke up. "i'm just...afraid they'll take you away from me." "I'm not going anywhere, mom, I promise." I love that scene and Henry is so charming in it. The thing is Zack never used Henry's charm to the fullest extent and I think thats why people feel at arms length with his Superman.

However, I also feel that Zack does this by design as well. I believe Zack's vision of Superman is a guy who doesn't speak a lot but when he does speak his words move mountains. And also, his mere physical presence is one that leaves people in awe. The strong, silent good Samaritan. Just look at the way Zack films the courthouse scene for example. The way Superman walks in, silent, gentle, careful but chest up and shoulders high conveying power and might but not in an antagonizing way. From a visual standpoint it conveys a lot. But... we wanna hear Superman speak, we wanna see Cavill's charm on display and that's something we've gotten in plentiful supply of.

Why would you interpret that scene as anything other than Batman trying to put Martha at ease and the writer’s attempt to inject some levity to the situation.
I see that as Batman being aware that his appearance (costume) can scare ordinary folks and him trying to reassure her that he's there to save her.

My post was not serious..ahhh good ol hype.
I think many people like to bring up these points (which are vaild points) and many times, fans of the movie don't provide the possible explanations to counter it, now with renewed interest this trilogy, we may be over doing it just a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"