Deadpool 2 $ £ ¢ € ¥ | The Box Office Thread | ¥ € ¢ £ $

Reaction score
Do you think it will outgross the first film in America and worldwide next year? What about a China release? Discuss.

Well I think this would open over $100 million in America next year, though I am not sure if it would have legs as strong as 1st one.

It will cross a billion with or without China. Peeps love DP. Simple as that.

I think it would be prudent to expect a performance comparable to GOTG. Vol 2 had a nice increase in revenue, but not massive. If anything, I expect the final domestic take to take a bit of a hit.

So this opens two weeks after Infinity War and one week before Solo... That's quite a competition.

170 m opening weekend.
430 m domestic.
1 billion ww.

Beast.

I think around the same as the first. 750-800 million.

What was the reason for no China release last time? Was it the content of the film?

Screen-Shot-2016-05-25-at-1.54.31-PM.png

PHP:
I think it'll surpass the first. By how much, not sure, but definitely, more.

If it's good then I hope it does. But I think the first reached its peak. Everyone who wanted to see it, did. Not sure if there is huge potential for growth.

If it gets released in China it will.

Otherwise 750-900m, so maybe maybe not.

Last edited:
Even without China and the weird decision to release it so close to IW, I think 900 m is in the bag.

I don't think $900 million is a sure thing. Gotg 2, Thor 3, Wonder Woman and Homecoming didn't even get there. Avengers 2 and Solo would also hurt the film at the box office.

Even without China and the weird decision to release it so close to IW, I think 900 m is in the bag.
Just looking for confirmation but is DP2 also definitely not releasing in China?

I don't know but it doesn't look like they are holding back especially with the r-ratedness of the film. Unless they make a China cut that really water downs the r ratedness of the film. Sure. But I doubt it.

I don't think it will outgross the first movie.

Just looking for confirmation but is DP2 also definitely not releasing in China?

No confirmation but I would assume it'll be banned like the first. Unless there was something specifically in the first film that was offensive to the Chinese censors.

I don't think $900 million is a sure thing. Gotg 2, Thor 3, Wonder Woman and Homecoming didn't even get there. Avengers 2 and Solo would also hurt the film at the box office.

Different situations then Deadpool.

Vol. 2 is the closest comparison which definitely gives me pause, but I think DP will outperform it still.

I don't know but it doesn't look like they are holding back especially with the r-ratedness of the film. Unless they make a China cut that really water downs the r ratedness of the film. Sure. But I doubt it.

No confirmation but I would assume it'll be banned like the first. Unless there was something specifically in the first film that was offensive to the Chinese censors.

Ok thanks. Shame as it's a big market but you can't really do Deadpool any other way after how well he did first time out.

I don't think it will outgross the first movie.

Domestically it won't. The first film had no competition for its first three weeks. This one will be competing with Solo and I thought Solo would have moved to December but nope.

I really like the 3rd trailer..... so i can see this movie outgrossing JW2 (domestically)..

I really like the 3rd trailer..... so i can see this movie outgrossing JW2 (domestically)..

Even if JW:FK has a drop similar to that of JP to TLW, it still manages 418 million. DP2 will hafta increase close to 15% out-gross JW:FK in that scenario. I doubt DP2 will increase from the 1st one since a sequel increasing from a very well received and breakout hit is too few and far between. But Vol 2 increased 16% from GOTG1 so there's precedent for sequels to unexpected breakouts increasing from the 1st. But Vol 2 had a much larger 4 quadrant appeal than DP2, making the former's increase from the first look reasonable in hindsight. DP2 will do well but I think JW:FK wins the fight for the bigger domestic total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"