Guardians of the Galaxy BoX Office Thread

2.65 Thursday, only about 300k behind FastX. Will be an interesting weekend to watch.

ETA: deadline predicting a photo finish:

2) Fast X (Uni) 4,088 (+42) theaters, Fri $6M (-79%), 3-day $21.8M (-67%), 4-day $27.2M, Total $112.1M/Wk 2

3) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Dis) 3,940 (-510) theaters, Fri $5.4M (-36%) 3-day $20.6M (-36%) 4-day $26.6M, Total $306M/Wk 4
The MCU James Gunn swan song will cross the $300M mark in its 24th day of theatrical release on Sunday. GOTG 2 hit that number in 17 days. The first Guardians took 44 days to the three century mark stateside.
Box Office: ‘The Little Mermaid’ Seeing $125M 4-day Opening – Deadline

Last edited:
That'd be a pretty terrible drop for Fast X. I highly doubt they are turning this finale into a three-part trilogy.
I suspect it will be determined by how it does OS. That’s where the franchise is strongest. It’s at 292 OS right now and reporting is a few days behind so it’s likely already over 300. I wouldn’t be surprised if it tops 600 OS when everything is done and dusted. That kind of number is hard to just walk away from.

I suspect it will be determined by how it does OS. That’s where the franchise is strongest. It’s at 292 OS right now and reporting is a few days behind so it’s likely already over 300. I wouldn’t be surprised if it tops 600 OS when everything is done and dusted. That kind of number is hard to just walk away from.

Except Fast X cost $340 million. Bringing back you know who isn't going to be cheap either.

Except Fast X cost $340 million. Bringing back you know who isn't going to be cheap either.
Nope, but there are options, like a bigger cut of the back end instead of a big payday up front. Depends on what all the parties are willing to do. I think the fact it cost so much is actually a plus going forward. If they can just keep costs under control everyone can make some coin.

731 WW after today, probably 736-737 after the holiday tomorrow. Should pass Love & Thunder’s WW total next weekend.

Thursday and weekly wrap up from Deadline. Spiderverse took a chunk out of it last night.

$1.58M, -22% from Wednesday, for a week 4 of $32.6M, running total of $312.1M

Deadline has Guardians hanging tough against Spiderverse with another sub-50 drop.
Disney/Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 at 3,580 theaters is seeing a fifth Friday of $3M, 3-day of $10.5M, -49%, for a running total of $322.9M.

Nice I’m happy it surpassed Vol 1 I think I’d be happy for it to make more than vol 1 and come close to vol 2

At 335 after a 7 million weekend, so done, at least in unadjusted dollars.

792 WW with this week’s OS update still to come.

ETA: 805.9 WW after OS update.

Last edited:
So close to achieving a 3x multiplier from its opening weekend.

Just for the record, 350 domestic unlocked. Now just 3 million away from 3x OW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"