2010 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my fantasy, Mike Brown has a life-changing epiphany (realizing that he is driving his father's legacy straight into the ground) and turns the organization around.

He completely cleans house with the coaching staff, hires Bill Cowher as head coach, and drafts Andrew Luck (QB) in the first round next year. And that's just to start.

Oh, and he'd rename the team the Cincinnati Flying Pigs, because that name is awesome in the most ludicrous way.

Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

In my fantasy, Mike Brown has a life-changing epiphany (realizing that he is driving his father's legacy straight into the ground) and turns the organization around.

He completely cleans house with the coaching staff, hires Bill Cowher as head coach, and drafts Andrew Luck (QB) in the first round next year. And that's just to start.

Oh, and he'd rename the team the Cincinnati Flying Pigs, because that name is awesome in the most ludicrous way.

Good, you can have Lucky Andrews Lucky Charms. I rather have Moore with Culsen/Pike, somebody.

I rather have Moore with Culsen/Pike, somebody.
I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with these gentlemen. Unless you mean UC's Tony Pike. Care to fill me in on these guys?

And at the very least, I'd cut off my left pinky toe for a general manager and beefed-up scouting department.

I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with these gentlemen. Unless you mean UC's Tony Pike. Care to fill me in on these guys?

And at the very least, I'd cut off my left pinky toe for a general manager and beefed-up scouting department.

Tony Pike from UC, yes. He is now 2nd string on Panthers. Matt Moore was starter, but bad play, bad play calling and injury sideline him. Jimmy Clausen is a bust so far. But this oline sucks mostly. Only game Carolina won is the one when Matt Moore showed up to play after he regained the starting job from Jimmy. Now we have Brian st Pierre, who looked fine until two bad thores late....two back to back pick sixes.

Mr. Pittsburgh Steelers himself as the new Cincinnati Bengals head coach??? I think the city might riot! :funny:

Are you kidding? Jim Caldwell doesn't have the AUTHORITY to tell Manning he's lost his play calling privledges. Make no mistake about it, Manning could fire Head Defensive Coordinator Jim Caldwell in a heart beat if he wanted to and personally choose his replacement. It is Manning's team, not Caldwell's.

:hrt:

Cowher's name will come up on CBS pretty soon when James Brown does his weekly segment with Charley Casserly.

Mr. Pittsburgh Steelers himself as the new Cincinnati Bengals head coach??? I think the city might riot! :funny:

Cowher has already made it clear that he would not coach in the AFC North out of respect for the Rooneys (this is when the Browns offered him Holmgren's job).

Plus Cowher made it clear when he left the Steelers that it was because he wanted top 5 money. Could you really see Mike Brown giving him that? Maybe Wade Phillips won't be unemployed next season. Brown would love him. :funny:

Cowher's name will come up on CBS pretty soon when James Brown does his weekly segment with Charley Casserly.

If Cowher doesn't take the Carolina job, I have a very hard time ever seeing him return to coaching.

Back on that topic of best QB of all time.

I have to say Elway is #1...Brady and Montana is like right there right below Elway, then you have Peyton Manning right there along with a few others but Favre comes in the group after Manning's.

Back on that topic of best QB of all time.

I have to say Elway is #1...Brady and Montana is like right there right below Elway, then you have Peyton Manning right there along with a few others but Favre comes in the group after Manning's.

Definitely. Elway was always #1 on my list considering the supporting cast, coaching, and front office Montana, Brady, Manning, and also Marino had compared to Elway's non-existent aforementioned factors until the end of his career.

Congrats Peyton Manning for helping my team win. Sometimes I think Peyton Manning cares more about his personal stats than his team's record (I'd make the same case for Favre, too). There was no reason to do what he did other than for himself. You don't blow that kind of a drive when you're already in field goal range. Start playing more conservatively, and take the field goal if you have to. There would've been more than enough left in his team to finish off the Pats in overtime if it came to that. Too damn bad. Say what you want about Brady and Belichick, but those a--holes know how to win games and that's why I love them. The Patriots have a bunch of key games coming up, but beating the Steelers and then the Colts, who are honestly both great teams gives me hope.

Last edited:
So, not a single team in the NFC West won on Sunday. The division leader(Seattle), only has a record of 5-5.

I hope to god a 7-9 team wins that division

So, we're approaching 10,000 posts. We just gonna keep this thread or make Part 2?

And man, Patriots got damn lucky yesterday.

total screw up by Eli....I get why he ran, just hang on to the ball...thats been a serious problem team wide this whole month

mainly because he never does it.....eh...they just need to finish 9-7 or 8-8 and Ill be happy....as long as Dallas stays on the bottom its a good year

Very happy that Jets won vs Texans, albeit in yet another tense, white-knuckled fashion that they've known for in the last three weeks. Jets' defense is clearly not as good as last season, but Mark Sanchez has definitely matured and he now has what it takes to be the reason why his team win games, and not be the weak link like he was last season. Even though they are on top of the AFC East (due to their tiebreaker over Pats), I think Pats right now is a better team, and if Jets want to win the division they will have to continue to work hard and not be brought into their own hype too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"