2010 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elways is prob my #2. He lost 4 SBs, but he took less than great teams and made them great, and got 2 rings WAY past his prime. I prob would agre Elway is #2.

He lost 3 SBs. The first one Denver went to he wasn't QB.

And him taking less than great teams are an understatement. Those teams were incredibly bad but luckily the AFC overall wasn't that stellar in the late 80s.

You think so? I don't know what kind of coach he'd make. I think at times he is too eager to blame his teammates and unwilling to take responsibility. That is a bad trait for a coach. Plus its one thing to call good plays, its another to draft the right players, pursue the right free agents, make the right trades, manage all the egoes, etc. I think Manning would make a better OC than head coach.

I didn't say make him HC right off the bat. I'd make him OC if I were the Colts. He'd prob go to HC, but OC is where I'd like to see him go. He'd be good at it.

He lost 3 SBs. The first one Denver went to he wasn't QB.

And him taking less than great teams are an understatement. Those teams were incredibly bad but luckily the AFC overall wasn't that stellar in the late 80s.

Exactly. They had Elway and...Elway. That was it. I credit him for doing what he did.

I was rooting for John Elway in 1997 and was happy that he won.

I was rooting for John Elway in 1997 and was happy that he won.

We hada huge SB party that year (we normally do), and I was 1 of 2 people that predicted Denver would win that game, and we had like 20 people over...I won the family pool :up:

The fact that Elway won two rings after losing three will never be done again.

I noticed that during the 1997 Super Bowl that Darren Sharper was playing for the Packers. It would take 12 years for Sharper to return.

Wasn't that Favre's last Super Bowl?

I noticed that during the 1997 Super Bowl that Darren Sharper was playing for the Packers. It would take 12 years for Sharper to return.

Wasn't that Favre's last Super Bowl?

98 was. They beat the packers...then lost to Denver. It was 97-98 season...I think.

Downfall of the Panthers? 2 seasons ago, 12-4...now 1-9, looking at 1-15. I say it's Fox(not all his fault), OC Davidson, Delhomme downfall, Richardson gutting team. Moore also being crappy as well, but that o-line still ain't good. Although last two games they've opened holes for Goodson.

I'm late, but what the hell?

How about dem Bengals?!

:lmao:

"Who dey?" :lmao:
Let's go down the list, shall we?

The Patriots
The Browns
The Buccaneers
The Falcons
The Dolphins
The Steelers
The Colts
The Bills

And coming right up... The Jets!

Honestly, it's just hilarious at this point. Time to head over to Bengals.com and read some of the post-game quotes. But just for fun, I'll go ahead and guess what Lewis had to say.

"We gotta keep working. We gotta keep playing."

"We did some things good and some things not so good."

Just out of curiosity...

Since the Bengals/Jets game is going to be at the Jets stadium, will the game be on Cincinnati's Local 12, or will it be exclusive to the NFL Network?

I would sure love to watch this national thrashing, but I don't have the NFL Network.

Just out of curiosity...

Since the Bengals/Jets game is going to be at the Jets stadium, will the game be on Cincinnati's Local 12, or will it be exclusive to the NFL Network?

I would sure love to watch this national thrashing, but I don't have the NFL Network.

I can't speak for Cinci, but when Pittsburgh is on the NFL Network, the local network (KDKA) has broadcast rights as well.

He's a probably a good head coach but he is handcuffed by the owner.

Bull ****. When he wanted T.O., he got him. Lewis has always had whatever good players he wanted. Lewis just can't control his team. He is the Wade Phillips of the AFC, no discipline, no ability to plan a game, no ability to inspire his team. He's just a bad head coach. He was a good (maybe even great) defensive coordinator but a terrible head coach. Every coach has come from behind losses. But would Bill Belichick or Jeff Fisher or Bill Cowher endure a 28 point come from behind loss from the f'n Buffalo Bills? That kind of embarrassment doesn't happen to good coaches.

Terrell Owens said:
Crazy? What’s crazy is the fact that we’re just terrible. That’s just plain and simple. When I say we, that’s me included. Let me look you in the eyes and emphasize — we are terrible. Terrible. I have no answers for you. I have no sound bytes for you. All I know is, right now, we are terrible. Maybe if everyone wants to blame me, it’s my fault. Maybe I am bad luck. At this point, it is unthinkable — unbelievable — that we can lose a lead like that. And by no means am I taking anything away from the Buffalo Bills. Those guys are talented. They put on their pads and uniforms just like everybody else does. You go into every Sunday thinking it’s an opportunity to win a game, and they took full advantage of that today. I don’t understand. I don’t know what it is. We find ways to lose the game. You would think that, having a lead going into halftime, we could capitalize and build off that. We may go 2-14 at the rate we’re playing.

I don’t blame the fans for booing us. I don’t blame people for not wanting to come and see the performance we’ve put up the last (seven) ball games. I don’t blame them.
OrsonWellesClap.gif

Of course, the last two times a Bengal told it like it was (Lee Johnson and Jim Breech), they were cut the next day. God speed, TO.

Last edited:
Wow, T.O. finally takes some responsibility. He and Ocho do have quite a bit of blame however. Maybe they should spend less time making talk shows where they sit around and criticize Revis, and Asomugha and other players and instead spend their weeks watching their films, seeing where they make mistakes, and adjusting accordingly for the next game. They need to keep their mouthes shut and start playing football. There is no reason that the Cinci offense shouldn't be putting up 35 points or more a game. With the talent they have, they should be putting up the same numbers as New England and Indy. Defense should be their problem (and is). Not offense. Then again, maybe if their star players spent a little less time talking and doing stunts like this:

Chad-Ochocinco-TO-Batmobile-Jeff-Swinger.jpg

they'd be winning games.

Let's go down the list, shall we?

The Patriots
The Browns
The Buccaneers
The Falcons
The Dolphins
The Steelers
The Colts
The Bills

And coming right up... The Jets!

Honestly, it's just hilarious at this point. Time to head over to Bengals.com and read some of the post-game quotes. But just for fun, I'll go ahead and guess what Lewis had to say.

"We gotta keep working. We gotta keep playing."

"We did some things good and some things not so good."

That's pretty accurate Boom.

He's a probably a good head coach but he is handcuffed by the owner.

The owner didn't tell him to let Carson Palmer throw on 3rd and long late in the 4th quarter with a lead at home against the Bucs.

....I know that was a run-on sentence in some countries, but the point remains the same.

Matt said:
That's pretty accurate Boom.
He says that literally every single week. Just once, I wish he would show a shred of emotion both on and off the field. Say what you will about Rex Ryan, but at least the man credits his guys for good plays, and lights the fire under their asses when they're underperforming. If Lewis had half the passion you'd expect from an NFL head coach, we'd have at least two more wins. But it won't happen. The guy's wrapped around Mike Brown's finger like a class ring.

Oh, and here's Palmer's response to TO's statement:

Carson Palmer said:
I wouldn’t use that word [terrible], but we’re not a good team, obviously. We’ve won two games and we’ve played 10. I would use a different word.

Pathetic.

Last edited:
He says that literally every single week. Just once, I wish he showed a shred of emotion both on and off the field. Say what you will about Rex Ryan, but at least the man credits his guys for good plays, and lights the fire under their asses when they're underperforming. If Lewis had half the passion you'd expect from an NFL head coach, we'd have at least two more wins. But it won't happen. The guy's wrapped around Mike Brown's finger like a class ring.

It just blows my mind when a team is a division championship team one season and then turns in one of the worst records in the league the next season. There is absolutely no reason for the Bengals to have the record they do. There is way too much talent on the team for them to have such a poor record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"