• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

9.17 - Checkmate - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I finished my first draft, still debating what grade to give it, but my goal is to have the review submitted to Craig BEFORE Upgrade airs.

*crosses fingers*

cant wait to read it trip.

Worked OT tonight and last call was nearly two hours, damn speed issues call. I hope Camie from Honolulu gets her internet working faster soon, but I also hope I don't have to talk to her again.

Dayum.

One question Trip

How did you end up doing reviews for KryptonSite in the first place? Im a curious person.

Well, I was doing reviews for the precursor to TV.com, TVTome and wasn't happy there. There boards were cludgey and I wasn't really getting any feedback, that was important to me then.

So, I had been looking into writing for Devoted to Smallville and becoming a mod there. They had even gotten to the point that they had announced my addition as a mod and had talked to me about writing reviews there, they initially weren't interested, but they didn't like the fact that I had been contributing to TV Tome as a reviewer... Even though they didn't want me to write reviews for them so that wasn't competing with them directly, they didn't want a mod to write for any other pages.

*****es.

James from TomWelling.org used to post here quite a bit, he said Craig was looking for a new reviwer and he read a few of my reviews on TVtome and "hired me".

Best thing that happened in my life that those *****es on DTS didn't want a mod to write for other sites. Yes, I am still bitter they banned me permanently later that year.

I am happy with Craig.

There is no agenda, he just wants reviews that aren't shipper based. That's fine with me. I don't really ship. Just make Clark happy and in love and I'm ecstatic as long as he's kicking bad guy ass in between the cuteness and sexiness.

Didn't know there was a long backstory to it. I see, I just thought Craig was looking for someone to do reviews and you popped in. Such anger and hostility toward DTS, lol! I can understand why. Good job nontheless

Didn't know there was a long backstory to it. I see, I just thought Craig was looking for someone to do reviews and you popped in.

There was quite the fan wank going on there. If they weren't going to have reviews on their site, they added those well after this, why announce I'm going to be a mod/reporter (I was going to write news items for them), then take it back because of those reviews and not even talk to me about it?

Such anger and hostility toward DTS, lol! I can understand why. Good job nontheless

Yeah, I don't think anyone can blame me.

Actually had someone on K-site PM me about something and said because it was said on DTS or DTTW (an affiliate fan site for Tom) it was true and that I was wrong. She asked if I would only go to DTS I could see for myself...

I set her straight about my feelings on DTS and why I can't go there and she never PMd me again, DTS was wrong about that thing anyway.

Their banning me was completely bogus too, but I wasn't given the chance to defend myself or explain. They took someone else's word for it and summarily banned me.

Have never been back since and I will not RT anything DTS related on twitter.

Last edited:
Wow, Trip and the DTS incedent.

That's going back a ways. :p

hey trip just got finished with your review:
http://www.kryptonsite.com/checkmatereview.htm

another great read and well written review. As for the whole deal of checkmate's castle base. Yea i too wonder where the heck is its location. Since they didnt really give us a feel on that. To me i would figure its somewhere in the continental US since they are a us govt group and all. But i have read online that in the comics its in the swiss alps or something like that.

hey trip just got finished with your review:
http://www.kryptonsite.com/checkmatereview.htm

another great read and well written review. As for the whole deal of checkmate's castle base. Yea i too wonder where the heck is its location. Since they didnt really give us a feel on that. To me i would figure its somewhere in the continental US since they are a us govt group and all. But i have read online that in the comics its in the swiss alps or something like that.

I'm glad you liked the review, but I do believe the Checkmate headquarters were in Switzerland.

He can't run across oceans, right? So, he must have gone the long way and Superjumped along the Aleutians to get over to the Kamchaka peninsula then across the frozen tundra and got to Europe from there...

Silly....

Last edited:
totally hopefully it will become clear within the show for location to be given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"