First Avenger A Captain America Screening for the Troops

OptimusPrime114

Sidekick
Reaction score
Should the troops overseas get a special screening of Captain America: The First Avenger, considering it is a war movie?

Yeah, I sure hope so! And not just for Cap, either. There should be special screenings for all of next year's summer blockbusters, for any base that can support it.

I think this is a great idea! They certainly deserve it.

they should stop occupying other countries and watch it at home like anybody else...

they should stop occupying other countries and watch it at home like anybody else...

Right. I'll get on that 'thing' you said that MAY be just a smidge above my rank/paygrade. In the mean time throw me and the others out there in 'movie media black out land' a bone and screen a movie that I've always wanted to see. :awesome:

Yeah, it would be a very nice gesture if they did show the trailer first to the troops, they definitely deserve it.

Or perhaps they could take very select footage of the trailer and make it look more like a leaked documentary and then send it to the Taliban and Al Qaida suggesting the USA has just created the perfect soldier and mass production has already begun. :yay:

Surfer

Yeah, it would be a very nice gesture if they did show the trailer first to the troops, they definitely deserve it.

Or perhaps they could take very select footage of the trailer and make it look more like a leaked documentary and then send it to the Taliban and Al Qaida suggesting the USA has just created the perfect soldier and mass production has already begun. :yay:

Surfer

to steal a story title from Mark Millar: People of Mass Destruction!:woot:

i thought they already got to see the movies.

They will be too busy laughing their ass off at how stupid hollywood guns sound. Only Michael mann movies should be screened to soilders.

Should the troops overseas get a special screening of Captain America: The First Avenger, considering it is a war movie?

Maybe? I don't really care... I don't think it's a question that should occupy its own thread though.

I tried talking to Marvel about this back in March. Their senior PR rep said, and I quote,

"It's a novel concept that unfortunately will be construed by many as a political move, one which the studio is not willing to gamble on. All MS properties are marketed to the worldwide movie going audience. Captain America in particular will be categorized as an action/adventure film, not a war drama; therefore, political affiliation has to be put aside."

Kinda pissed me off at the time, but it is understandable.

I think that Marvel needs to make the distinction between American propoganda and action/adventure. Sadly there are a lot of people around the world that will not see this movie because they will believe that it is american propaganda and not what it is meant to be, which is a comic book movie about a hero (american or not) who puts his very life on the line to stand up to the evils of the world (in all forms) and dedicates his life to stand for the very ideals that America was founded on.

Now I'm a PROUD Canadian... I am red and white through and through... but that does not mean that I cannot cheer for a hero who stands up for the ideals that America was founded on... because those IDEALS are the same things I believe in as a person.

I think that to the general masses... they think of Cap as a puppet of the government, but he is actually (IMO) the ideal of what the government should be. He's fair, honest, noble. He stands up for those that cannot defend themselves. When something is wrong, he rights it, no matter the political *****storm it may create. He is about what is right in this world... not what is right for America. What's not to like about this guy. I even LOVE his costume (pirate boots aside)

sadly too many people will not see this movie because of the "America" in the title. These will be the same people that *****ed that Spidey was seen infront of a giant US flag in the trailers and movie. WHO CARES.

Should they screen this for the military first? I don't really care... but I can see Marvel's trepidation about it.

I tried talking to Marvel about this back in March. Their senior PR rep said, and I quote,

"It's a novel concept that unfortunately will be construed by many as a political move, one which the studio is not willing to gamble on. All MS properties are marketed to the worldwide movie going audience. Captain America in particular will be categorized as an action/adventure film, not a war drama; therefore, political affiliation has to be put aside."

Kinda pissed me off at the time, but it is understandable.

Understandable, but it still sucks for the troops. I really hate political correctness, it is intended to do one thing (help people) and generally ends up doing the exact opposite.

Surfer

1093882-keep_on_trollin_super.jpg

you'd be surprized how many advanced screenings I have been to when I was in the Navy...Pearl Harbor, The Core, Terminator3, Sum of all things, Superman Returns..ect ect

IF the cinema industry has learned anything about meddling into war, they will avoid it.

And if Obama's administration is to be remembered as something better than the previous one, he's getting the troops back and not making fuss with flicks in still occupied countries.

you'd be surprized how many advanced screenings I have been to when I was in the Navy...Pearl Harbor, The Core, Terminator3, Sum of all things, Superman Returns..ect ect

So, in other words, they only gave advance screenings for bad movies? That's not very encouraging! :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"