First Avenger The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Fan

SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
that have embargo too? because a feel people saw the movie but dont put your review?

I don't think any reviews have come out so far. But there was an early screening that had alot of good buzz about the film.

I don't expect reviews until about 1 week in advance. That is fairly standard. But, better to be prepared for it :)

Tweets and such from test screenings.

Guys, I know this is bad news and I have yet to be able to confirm it...but according to a user on Rotten Tomatoes, critic screenings for Captain America will not be until July 20th...just 2 days before opening. If this is true, don't expect to see any critic reviews anytime soon and pray this movie is as good as it looks. I am a big fan of The Rocketeer, and love the look of the trailers. Seriously hope this is not Green Lantern all over again. Remember it supposedly got positive buzz and had a "great script". Crossing my fingers this information is wrong. Here's the direct quote though.

"Once again a highly anticipated film is being blocked from the critics. Screenings are happening on the 20th, two days before the opening. This means Paramount knows the film is a dud. Pity." :(

Guys, I know this is bad news and I have yet to be able to confirm it...but according to a user on Rotten Tomatoes, critic screenings for Captain America will not be until July 20th...just 2 days before opening. If this is true, don't expect to see any critic reviews anytime soon and pray this movie is as good as it looks. I am a big fan of The Rocketeer, and love the look of the trailers. Seriously hope this is not Green Lantern all over again. Remember it supposedly got positive buzz and had a "great script". Crossing my fingers this information is wrong. Here's the direct quote though.

"Once again a highly anticipated film is being blocked from the critics. Screenings are happening on the 20th, two days before the opening. This means Paramount knows the film is a dud. Pity." :(

See post in other thread. I call BS on it.

strenge thing, because here in brazil the critics told they will see this week

I hope you are right, I really do. I want this movie to do well.

and everithing about the movie seems right and very good, Marvel cant do a mystake like GL, and put the reviews only 2 days before, because this create a impression the movie isnt good.

Critics have already seen the movie. Roger Moore of the Orlando Sentinel said he saw it on Friday.

Seriously hope this is not Green Lantern all over again. Remember it supposedly got positive buzz and had a "great script".(

There was insider buzz that leaked in January about Green Lantern saying it was destined to be a "troubled flop" and was a "terrible movie." The reason you didn't hear about it is because all of the Green Lantern acolytes got all huffy and ran anyone who would speak up about that buzz off the board.

Cap has had none of the bad buzz that Green Lantern had. I wouldn't worry.

I don't know why it's a bad sign if the embargo isn't lifted until next weekend. I thought it was standard to start seeing reviews trickle in as early as a week before. If the review is good and other good reviews follow, then that'll help the run up to the premiere and won't get lost in the HP media onslaught this week.

Last edited:
When were X-Men: First Class reviews posted? If it was a week before, then maybe it's standard.

It is standard. Iron Man, Thor, Iron Man 2, etc.

I don't like how GL was a bomb & now everyone's worried for Cap. I wonder if they'd be doing the same if TDKR came out this year instead of Cap?

I don't like how GL was a bomb & now everyone's worried for Cap. I wonder if they'd be doing the same if TDKR came out this year instead of Cap?

They would, but because "How can Cap hope to top it!" It's how fanboys work. Like they said in Gladiator, the mob is fickle, Spaniard!

Yes the story was BS, the screenings are already happening, but the standard will be one week. I agree that if reviews are delayed longer than Monday the 18th, then it's probably not a good sign.

Yes the story was BS, the screenings are already happening, but the standard will be one week. I agree that if reviews are delayed longer than Monday the 18th, then it's probably not a good sign.

Exactly. By the 18th, we should be getting reviews in. After that, then we may have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"