• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Inhumans ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
15085709_10154714834776617_8893285685155632666_n.jpg

why would they do 2 TV shows on IMAX theaters?

Kinda disappointed that the movie is not happening, really wanted Vin Diesel as Balckbolt. But I'll take it.

I'm excited. Now it's guaranteed Daisy will appear and everything that happened on AoS will remain canon.

I sincerely hope Daisy doesn't appear

I was hoping Marvel would abandon ABC, but the financing with IMAX for cinema quality SFX sound's great. If the current rumors about Disney's interest in purchasing Netflix have any teeth, then I would have hoped they waited a bit longer.

A super powered royal drama is a great fit for TV, though I am concerned about it being on a broadcast network and how they will pull off the doggie. But I'd feel a lot better if there wasn't such an enormous divide between Marvel TV and the Cinematic MCU. It's a shame to take such a large number of great characters out of the film character catalog.

But you guys, the divide between the movie and TV divisions totally doesn't exist!

Deadline.com said:
ABC has given a green light to Marvel’s The Inhumans, a live-action TV series from Marvel Television. It will premiere on the network in fall 2017.

This is the other shoe to drop after Disney this spring pulled a planned Inhumans feature film from its July 12, 2019 release date. Several movies in the series has been planned, and the first one had a script by Joe Robert Cole (Black Panther). Originally, Inhumans was part of Marvel’s 3.0 phase, with the studio delving even deeper into their vaults to launch more of their niche superheros on the big screen.

As part of TV series deal unveiled today, the first two episodes of the superhero series will debut on Imax screens exclusively for two weeks ahead of the fall premiere on the broadcast network. ABC, Imax and Marvel TV plan to create a joint marketing and promotion plan; the move marks the giant-screen exhibitor’s first time as a financing participant in a TV pilot and series.

The series will be produced by Marvel TV and ABC Studios and filmed with Imax digital cameras.

The Inhumans are a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers, first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. The TV series will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.

“This unprecedented alliance represents a bold, innovative approach to launching great TV content for a worldwide audience,” said Ben Sherwood, co-chairman, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney-ABC Television Group. “It highlights Disney-ABC’s unrelenting commitment to finding new and creative ways to showcasing our very best programming and increasing global engagement and reach.”

ABC currently has one Marvel series on the air, Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Carter ended its run last spring after two seasons. Additionally, Marvel has the six series on Netflix as well as the upcoming X-Men offshoot Legion on FX, Runaways on Hulu and Cloak and Dagger at Freeform.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/the-inhumans-marvel-tv-series-abc-imax-2017-1201854503/

Quite the surprise as this wasn't rumoured anywhere. Or was it? Now they need to find a showrunner and try to keep it to 13 episodes a season.

This makes sense I guess. Agents of SHIELD have spent over two seasons now establishing/building up the Inhumans (whereas the films haven't referenced/hinted at them at all). So spinning this off of those events is logical.

Baseless speculation based on absolutely nothing.
Syndication is the only thing that has kept it alive this long. At 13 episodes per season it would take over 6 seasons to reach traditional syndication numbers.

The ratings have been in near constant decline since the show premiered.

This will be 8 episodes. They are definitely going the quality over quantity route. It appears.

Last edited:
Quite the surprise as this wasn't rumoured anywhere.

There'd been speculation the movie was cancelled, at least. There was a longstanding rumor that Kevin Feige didn't care for the Inhumans and only let it be made as a compromise with Ike Perlmutter (who didn't want Black Panther or Captain Marvel to be made), and then as soon as Ike was gone, Inhumans was moved off the Phase 3 line-up.

What clinched it was the AOS showrunners claiming they were now free to use the more prominent Inhumans like the royal family. The MCU pretty much never introduces characters in the TV shows and then puts them in movies, so that should have been a red flag right there that the Inhuman flick wasn't happening.

Last edited:
Syndication is the only thing that has kept it alive this long. At 13 episodes per season it would take over 6 seasons to reach traditional syndication numbers.

The ratings have been in near constant decline since the show premiered.

Syndication only came into play after season 3. And there's no way of knowing how a short season program would have performed.

As you know, the show's actual ratings are less important than relative #s. And an awful lot of comic book shows experience audience decline over time.

I hope they have Daisy guest star.

They're gonna have to acknowledge the events of Agents of SHIELD in some way. Civil War ignoring it is one thing but you can't really have an Inhumans show that ignores 3 years of Inhuman-related plots entirely.

It is going to be on ABC. I don't expect this to be any good, but maybe it will be like the first season of Agent Carter, and surprise me.

They're gonna have to acknowledge the events of Agents of SHIELD in some way. Civil War ignoring it is one thing but you can't really have an Inhumans show that ignores 3 years of Inhuman-related plots entirely.

Just as long as they don't assume viewers watched AoS and fail to explain things. They'll want to attract people who never saw Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or at least didn't stick it out.

Not confident about this being on ABC.

I like Daisy. She is welcome here.

I wonder if the royal family wears their costumes.

Does Marvel have rights to Crystal? I'd imagine her to be the main character.

Just as long as they don't assume viewers watched AoS and fail to explain things. They'll want to attract people who never saw Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or at least didn't stick it out.

Not many people are watching AOS so they won't make that mistake. This show is not going to cheap. It can't have AOS type ratings and survive.

So we get no movie, but we get a tv movie in IMAX and a series. I am ok with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"