• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x01 - "The Ghost" - Discussion Thread

Guess it's too soon to tell. They didn't screw up his introduction and his effects were great. Let's see how the rest of the season goes.

It seemed so much more violent. Maybe the 10 PM time slot wasn't such a bad move after all.

I LOVED the GR2 design. While the flame effects for AOS definitely look good; I am not a fan of this new skull design at all. I'm cool with the idea of giving Ghost Rider a stylized skull, but this one definitely needed another few design passes.

Im okay with the premier.
Ghost Rider was never my favorite. AoS lost me since Bob & Hunter are gone.. :-(

But lets see what Season 4 have.
Nice Moment between Fitz and Gemma

Haven't watched since Season 2, was an okay episode.

Ghost Rider was the highlight, though that skull design is horrible. Hopefully they change it at some point. Coulson is still fun. I'll keep up just to see where the GR stuff goes.

OK so...

what's in the box?

41314-Brad-Pitt-Seven-whats-in-the-b-AYBg.png

Was it Pepper Potts' head? That was her ghost haunting everyone?

Now we know why she wasn't in Civil War!

Ghost rider found the one weakness of the Inhuman who can level a forest with her powers - an empty shelf!
That's pretty funny. Although, in their defense, they've been playing up how she's been overtaxing herself, so I can see her being a bit weaker.

Anyway, saw the episode this morning. It was definitely a very good start.

Nice start to the new season. Ghost Rider looked excellent, and he had a great fight scene with Daisy. Bringing Ghost Rider into this show definitely adds an exciting new element to the overall story.

I liked seeing all the team members again and where they are in the new SHIELD organization run by the mysterious new director. I also liked the references to the Sokovia Accords when they were discussing powered people, and the references to Ultron when they were discussing Aida and the dangers of creating artificial life. It'll be interesting to see how long Fitz and Radcliffe can keep Aida a secret from Simmons and the new director.

Radcliffe invented Ultron 2.0, if Ultron's AI is still alive, this would be bad for the Marvel Cinematic Universe

I'd love to see Ultron return to reek havoc someday in the MCU maybe if there is an avengers 5 or 6

Loved the ep. Good surprise to have GR fully revealed and even the intro to our first LMD.
At times the actress playing Aida looked like she had synthetic skin. Like a very expensive realistic mannequin... Very good makeup job.

My immediate thought of what was in the box was Vapor from the U-Foes.

I read Ghost Rider comics for the better part of a decade, It's so disappointing that so many "fans" eat this up without any hesitation to the character in the comics. Not the recent cancelled comics that they took this misnomer take on, but the good comics from the 70's or the 90's. I still go back to what a Marvel writer said about the comic series when they first showed Ghost "Rider", driving a car... "Marvel editorial is getting so edgy they are throwing out descriptive grammar right in the title." So true and painful.

I read Ghost Rider comics for the better part of a decade, It's so disappointing that so many "fans" eat this up without any hesitation to the character in the comics.

I'm a long time fan of the comics, I've read Ghost Rider just as long if not longer.
And guess what, there have been many incarnations of Ghost Rider in the comics.
Not just one.
And Robbie Reyes is another legit version.

when they first showed Ghost "Rider", driving a car... "Marvel editorial is getting so edgy they are throwing out descriptive grammar right in the title." So true and painful.

Get over it, Rider [e.g. Low Rider] can refer to the guy at the wheel too!
[YT]h9-cEqq524Y[/YT]
JF36okx.jpg
;)

Last edited:
Posted this in the general discussion thread...but I'm surprised nobody has a Ghost Rider avatar yet :funny:

For anyone looking to get into GR comics, I'd suggest 'Road to Damnation', 'Casualties of War' and the 2006 run (first 30 issues)

I really hope we get an accurate version of Johnny Blaze at some point because Nic Cage was NOTHING like the comic Johnny Blaze and was completely miscast.

I LOVED the GR2 design. While the flame effects for AOS definitely look good; I am not a fan of this new skull design at all. I'm cool with the idea of giving Ghost Rider a stylized skull, but this one definitely needed another few design passes.
To be honest, that was kind of a gripe of mine of the Ghost Rider movies because GR was never just a regular skull on fire, he was always stylized.

Get over it, Rider refers to the guy at the wheel too!

LOL, you try to pass an english exam with that, you drive a car, you can ride as a passenger but you don't "ride it" to operate it. Not my rules, basic basic simple grammar they explain to children. marvel thought they could slide it by, but it's a question anyone will ask one they put thought into it. Probably why this GRINO version didn't draw in fans comic wise.

To be honest, I'm infuriated at Loeb for pushing this instead of the Dan Ketch NYC Cyprus Hills version on Netflix. I think the guy makes bad decisions, this one has had me shaking my head since SDCC. How do you not do the Netflix series when that world is pre-established? Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how some boxy old muscle car is cooler to modern fans than what they could do with the Bike now. The best part of that last Nick Cage GR movie, the best parts were the Bike stuff and visuals.

Mondragon said:
Get over it, Rider refers to the guy at the wheel too!

Yes it does. Knight Rider, for example.

LOL, you try to pass an english exam with that,.
That's nice, we are talking about how it's already used in other ways in popular culture.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/lowrider
low rider
[loh-rahy-der]​

noun
an individually decorated and customized car fitted with hydraulic jacks that permit lowering of the chassis nearly to the road.
a person
, often a teenager, who owns and drives such a car.
You can also go solo for a joy ride or thrill ride and be the driver of the car.

1b1d2i.gif

1b1dah.gif

Knight Rider, for example.
Exactly! Robbie and his Charger are in good company!

Last edited:
To be honest, that was kind of a gripe of mine of the Ghost Rider movies because GR was never just a regular skull on fire, he was always stylized.
In GR1, it was a regular skull, but it was stylized in GR2.

LOL, you try to pass an english exam with that, you drive a car, you can ride as a passenger but you don't "ride it" to operate it. Not my rules, basic basic simple grammar they explain to children. marvel thought they could slide it by, but it's a question anyone will ask one they put thought into it. Probably why this GRINO version didn't draw in fans comic wise.

To be honest, I'm infuriated at Loeb for pushing this instead of the Dan Ketch NYC Cyprus Hills version on Netflix. I think the guy makes bad decisions, this one has had me shaking my head since SDCC. How do you not do the Netflix series when that world is pre-established? Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how some boxy old muscle car is cooler to modern fans than what they could do with the Bike now. The best part of that last Nick Cage GR movie, the best parts were the Bike stuff and visuals.
Yeah...no. If you are in or on something that is moving you along, you are riding in/on it. Your control of the vehicle doesn't change that; driving is only a specific action you are doing while riding. People say "I was driving" not because they aren't riding in their car, but to be clearer about the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"