• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x01 - "The Ghost" - Discussion Thread

In defense, Zatharos is a demon..from a non-physical world. If he's gonna manifest himself though his host, it can be however he chooses.

Of course, if his design doesn't tickle your fancy, then no logic will change that. Not if he's unappealing.

I thought the characterization was great, and he was scary. As soon as he came out, he made Quake look like a chump. Which was the best scene in over a season for me. She became too much of a duex ex machina, which I found hard to take seriously when Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Vision, and Scarlet Witch all exist.

A later time slot, a more violent, serious presentation is what the show needs. Along with a new star in Ghost Rider

The show is likely to get cancelled anyways, so no reason not to push the boundaries.

Hope not! I'm just about to start the show. See ya in a few!

WHOA!!! I totally see the connection to Doctor Strange!

Have you read Doctor Strange the Zealot? It's a prelude comic to Doctor Strange where Kaelicus

is obsessed with bringing his wife and daughter back to life

AND this, looks VERY similar
pE0ikSu.jpg

I read Ghost Rider comics for the better part of a decade, It's so disappointing that so many "fans" eat this up without any hesitation to the character in the comics.

It's called an 'opinion'...and it's not a new invention either.

What's supposed to have happened to Colson at the end? Has he been possessed? Or is it May who is affected?

I think the spirit or whatever is basically just haunting all of them due to her release.

Ok. So not possessing any particular person.

The Ghost Rider storyline felt a bit like the Punisher storyline in Daredevil. Even when Daisy asked him his name and he said "Robbie", it felt reminiscent of when Punisher told that guy on the roof who came to the door that his name is Frank.

Daisy of course was sexy at the beginning. Although with a 10 pm time slot now, they could possibly show things a bit more clearly instead of shot in such extreme closeup.

I guess AIDA will play a recurring role? But what does AIDA stand for? And has it not even crossed John Hannah's character's (what's his name again) mind to perhaps use her for more personal entertainment like in Ex Machina? It seems like we could get an Ex Machina-type storyline.

Also, who is meant to be the big bad this season? Is it this ghost thing? I see Ghost Rider more like Punisher and not as the villain of the season.

What's supposed to have happened to Colson at the end? Has he been possessed? Or is it May who is affected?

It's May.

From The Hollywood Reporter:

While viewers were expecting a touch of the mystical with the addition of Robbie Reyes aka Ghost Rider (Gabriel Luna), a twist in the episode revealed that a mysterious box has the ability to make people go crazy and homicidal after witnessing a ghost-like entity. And that box has somehow infected Agent May (Ming-Na Wen).

"Weed," Wen joked an early screening of the episode held Monday. "Really good weed."

Executive producer Jed Whedon laughed, but then elaborated. "That's what in the box, something strange," he said. "We are introducing, with the addition of young Mr. Ghost Rider, we are introducing a different, supernatural element to the MCU in which happens to coincide with the release of Doctor Strange. Coincidence? So that's what's in the box. We can't tell you, but it's something along those lines."

Wen echoed the "We can't answer that question" line when asked how worried fans should be about May. "It's obvious that she is affected by it," the actress teased.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-season-4-premiere-930972

I read Ghost Rider comics for the better part of a decade, It's so disappointing that so many "fans" eat this up without any hesitation to the character in the comics.

Thank you for posting. It's been so long since I've gotten to use this meme!

stop_liking_file.jpg

YO-YO WANTED SOME LOVING...MACK TAKE DAT SON..ITS RIGHT THERE
Ghost rider was Bad ass...I just wish it was johnny blaze..or danny ketch

Last edited:
I wonder if Reyes will be the first ever Ghost Rider for the Marvel Cinematic/TV universe, or if the Ghost Rider spin-offs into its own thing, they'll reveal that there was another Ghost Rider before him, Blaze/Ketch, and Reyes is just the next in line.

Have trades confirmed who the Rider is? Is it Eli Morrow or Zarathos? So far, it's seeming like Zarathos.

I'd be ok with changing it to Zarathos. I haven't read the actual comic, just wikid some info, and I don't like that some random devil worshiper who died, can give a person the same abilities as Ghost Rider. Or maybe instead of Zarathos, have it actually be the Spirit of Vengeance from Heaven. So we can still get Blaze/Ketch, possessed by Zarathos.

what if the ghost isn't a ghost but an astral projection of somebody a la doctor strange?

I'm sure it's probably doing what it's doing as a warning and isn't like some evil thing.

I'm sure it's probably doing what it's doing as a warning and isn't like some evil thing.

This show does like to set up villains who aren't truly villains or have more to them than just being outright evil, after all.

How come Daisy doesn't wear thongs? A lot of girls seem to these days, and she seems like the type who would. Her knickers seem to cover her up quite a fair bit.

Have they revealed how many episodes Ghost Rider will be appearing in? Great intro to the character, and I def want to see more of him. I too hope maybe he ends up with his own show.

Have trades confirmed who the Rider is? Is it Eli Morrow or Zarathos? So far, it's seeming like Zarathos.

I'd be ok with changing it to Zarathos. I haven't read the actual comic, just wikid some info, and I don't like that some random devil worshiper who died, can give a person the same abilities as Ghost Rider. Or maybe instead of Zarathos, have it actually be the Spirit of Vengeance from Heaven. So we can still get Blaze/Ketch, possessed by Zarathos.
I'm thinking it's Zarathos myself too

what if the ghost isn't a ghost but an astral projection of somebody a la doctor strange?
I'm thinking it could be something to that effect. Maybe one of Kaelicus' followers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"