Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S2E4 "I Will Face My Enemy"

I have to admit...I'm not really feeling this Whitehall guy.Granted,Skye's dad is probably the "big bad" of the season,but I even found Mr Po more interesting from the first season,than him.

tumblr_ndguu5Kv7N1qhc9d1o5_250.gif

I can hear his dental laugh from Italy.

Something about the entire undercover scenario felt a little forced. And a little repetitive. Also, the entire "this week, the team is in danger" situation with the Bus didn't seem to have any real stakes or urgency to me. They pretty much telegraphed the fact that Fitz would come up with the save. Though, I did enjoy the actor's (can never spell his name right) performance and the bonding scenes with Mack, Hunter and 'em.

The May vs. May fight was really well done. The director (Mo Tancharoen's brother) has some experience with heavy action choreography with the Mortal Kombat web-series and it showed. Whitehall was menacing, and I'm starting to enjoy his #2, Sunil Bakshi as well... not sure if I can completely buy him as an Indian guy, but that's about as minor as a qualm gets.

Overall, solid episode, but a little weaker than the first three episodes of the season. Can't wait for Mockingbird.

Hold on!

I just realized that when I woke up this morning lol

So Coulson knew it wasnt May because she doesnt drink coffee?

That's it? that's how one of SHIELD's top agents thinks?

Because sometime, a cup of coffee doesnt always mean a cup of coffee .... so what if he was with the real May ?
I think she would have killed him after that punch

^

Coulson's always had a sarcastic streak. Remember back in '08 when he told Stark that they were working on a name for their organization. I can just imagine him inwardly rolling his eyes.

Similarly, when he said that he knew it wasn't May when she agreed to get a cup of coffee with him, it wasn't just about the coffee. It was FakeMay's behavior up to that point.

^

Similarly, when he said that he knew it wasn't May when she agreed to get a cup of coffee with him, it wasn't just about the coffee. It was FakeMay's behavior up to that point.

that's another issue

HYDRA is not your average organization, and fake May made it obvious she was undecover
That's one crappy agent

I'm surprised none of you have that May Chair scene as an avvy yet lol

Hold on!

Because sometime, a cup of coffee doesnt always mean a cup of coffee .... so what if he was with the real May ?
no hahaha it was more than just the coffee comment

Really good episode, much better than last week.

I'll echo the sentiments of the flying head-smash-into-table was great, and that fight overall was really well done. Whoever is responsible for that needs to be hired full time.

Hold on!

He said it was a few things, the coffee just sealed the deal.

I love everything about May, except her voice. it's not that it's bad..... it's just that every time she talks.. I hear Mulan, and start looking for the dragon. lol

May was so badass in this episode and every moment she was on screen was a joy. She eats the bad guys for lunch.

I like to think that when 33 grabbed his hand, Coulson looked down at it, noticed it was off...not the same skin color etc...and then decided to test her because he knew he was walking into a trap.

I like to think that when 33 grabbed his hand, Coulson looked down at it, noticed it was off...not the same skin color etc...and then decided to test her because he knew he was walking into a trap.

Yeah, and the fact that she would hold his hand at all was way to "touchy feely" on a mission.

Since they now know about mind control, I wonder why they didn't try to take the downed 33 with them? Yes, a Hydra strike team was close but would it have been worth the risk? Last episode Coulson was looking for 33 because he assumed she was trustworthy. He didn't know it was her but May saw her before her capture. I guess May deemed it too risky but I wonder if this might become a future mission. Grab a mind controlled ex-agent and find out how to combat that control.

I think he looked at it cause it's an uncharacteristic thing for May to do. That was the trigger.

Yeah, and the fact that she would hold his hand at all was way to "touchy feely" on a mission.

Since they now know about mind control, I wonder why they didn't try to take the downed 33 with them? Yes, a Hydra strike team was close but would it have been worth the risk? Last episode Coulson was looking for 33 because he assumed she was trustworthy. He didn't know it was her but May saw her before her capture. I guess May deemed it too risky but I wonder if this might become a future mission. Grab a mind controlled ex-agent and find out how to combat that control.

Maybe it's because they've already got people on the inside of Hydra, who might very well be gathering intel on the mind control procedures. Why bother bringing in a captive to get the same information that their leaks within the enemy could be providing?

Yeah, it was odd that she touched his hand...but the actress having to play the role aside, that technology would have changed her face and nothing else. Getting a good look at her hand should have been a big clue to Coulson that something was up.

Not to mention the fact that fake-May (not knowing any better) was so willing to just non-chalantly go along with Coulson's major end-of-life decisions, whereas the real-May was always stand-offish and in denial mode. I think that was a major alarm bell for Coulson. The coffee was just one final "Bluff the Imposter" test, to make sure.

Since they now know about mind control, I wonder why they didn't try to take the downed 33 with them?

Did they know it was her? Did they know she was brainwashed?

I was more hoping Coulson would have had Bakshi over his shoulder when he ran into the room and said "We gotta go!". Much more valuable prisoner. Oh well.

Whoever choreographed the fight should stay on to handle fights for the series permanently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"