Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S2E4 "I Will Face My Enemy"

Ok, next episode looks like we'll be back on track. Looking forward to it.

Great episode. Loved the face smash on the table move!

May really shined in this episode...really the first time I've ever liked her character. I still think it would mean more if she was just named the same as a comic character...but whatever...they cant fix old mistakes.

She's got a great comic book name without needing to be an existing character.

Raina is lucky she's so lovable. Otherwise, why should we care what happens to her ;)
I do wonder if it's advancing the plot quicker than expected if Skye's meeting her dad next week on top of everything else.

Wow...looks like I'm in the minority again, but this time it's because I'm the only one who liked it. It was fun for me, what can I say?

I'll grant you that this FELT like a filler episode...FELT like the beginning of last season. However, we got the info that someone new is out there scratching symbols...and as we saw with last year's "filler" episodes, they ended up not being so filler after all.

I really enjoyed this episode...lot of great character moments from all & some great action (loved the face smash on the table).

I think Whitehall is shaping up to be a good villain as well, very menacing.

She's got a great comic book name without needing to be an existing character.

Raina is lucky she's so lovable. Otherwise, why should we care what happens to her ;)
I do wonder if it's advancing the plot quicker than expected if Skye's meeting her dad next week on top of everything else.

SHIELD has a hundred characters that are barely in the comics. I'm convinced that had the show just made an effort to seem like it MATTERED to the movies, then ratings would be higher than they are.

Best fx this year. The split screen work was top notch. Great character development and a ton of action. Loved it.

I have to admit, I liked the episode too.
Plenty of "spy VS spy" stuff and the laser grid. :D
"I think they know we're already here."
May had some great lines and she kicked butt, too.
Overall a really good episode.

Oh and May looking fine all dressed up and showing off some skin for once.

Looks like next week (from the short teaser)
that Skye will meet daddy
or not.

I'll grant you that this FELT like a filler episode...FELT like the beginning of last season. However, we got the info that someone new is out there scratching symbols...and as we saw with last year's "filler" episodes, they ended up not being so filler after all.

This episode moved the plot along just fine; I didn't get a "filler" vibe from it.

- HYDRA now knows Coulson is in charge of SHIELD

- Fitz has moved on, reintegrated himself into the team

- Introduced plot that there's another person out there writing Kree markings

- Continued Whitehall's obelisk quest

- Character building (May, Coulson, Fitz, Hunter)

So I'll admit that I wasn't looking forward to May and Coulson undercover at the party when we saw the preview and the clips last week... I don't know why, something about it just seemed off to me. I didn't want to judge it before the episode aired, and it turns out that part wasn't that bad. And after the first 20 minutes, after they left the party, this episode really stepped it up. The twist(s) and misdirection with Talbot were great, seeing Shield tech from the movies is always cool, and two Mays duking it out was awesome (the table head slam rocked) and well worth a re-watch.

It looks like the next episode will have a lot of urgency and tension, so i can't wait for next week!

I enjoyed it.Granted it wasn't the most deepest of plots,but it was fun,which is of more importance to me.

May is so much more attractive when she's not scowling.:woot: It was fun to see that side of her once in a while.The fight was super cool.I always get a kick out seeing folks fight their double.It's even better that the cgi is such that for the first time it actually seemed like the same actress fighting and not a case of "which scene was the stunt double more visible in?"

I liked the scene with Fitz at the end.Hopefully he's almost past his issues.

Seems like Tripp hasn't done anything since the 1st episode.I know nobody left the bus this episode,but still.

I had my fears Talbot would be Hydra,but at least they didn't add that to their other mistreatments of him.

The is a Daniel Whitehall, a Hydra member, in Earth 616

But I'm sure you guys already knew that

Well both my kids liked it so there are TWO more that aren't HUGE nerds like me yet like the show still.

I enjoyed it.Granted it wasn't the most deepest of plots,but it was fun,which is of more importance to me.

May is so much more attractive when she's not scowling.:woot: It was fun to see that side of her once in a while.The fight was super cool.I always get a kick out seeing folks fight their double.It's even better that the cgi is such that for the first time it actually seemed like the same actress fighting and not a case of "which scene was the stunt double more visible in?"

I liked the scene with Fitz at the end.Hopefully he's almost past his issues.

Seems like Tripp hasn't done anything since the 1st episode.I know nobody left the bus this episode,but still.

I had my fears Talbot would be Hydra,but at least they didn't add that to their other mistreatments of him.

^ I am also glad that they didn't make Talbot hydra. I totally fell for the bait-and-switch, so good for them. The pay off was definitely there.

And I really liked the Fitz growth in this episode as well. He's having a great season so far (character-wise, not the brain damage...)

The is a Daniel Whitehall, a Hydra member, in Earth 616

But I'm sure you guys already knew that
yup :D he was in the first episode during the SSR flashback too. Forget his name then. Makes me wonder HOW he's still alive

Wow...looks like I'm in the minority again, but this time it's because I'm the only one who liked it. It was fun for me, what can I say?

Don't get me wrong...I liked the episode...I just thought the previous ones were stronger. But, I enjoyed May & Coulson's chemistry. And both characters got in some good one liners.

"We're modern." :funny:

So I'll admit that I wasn't looking forward to May and Coulson undercover at the party when we saw the preview and the clips last week... I don't know why, something about it just seemed off to me.

I honestly think it was the music in the preview. It was very... 80's-Murder-She-Wrote-Campy-music. I half expected Matlock to make an appearance. Didn't match the episode at all.

Preview aside, great episode!

Flash and Shield back to back are really making my Tuesdays filled with going to class til 7 something to look forward to.

I'm just Happy that it's looking like Fitz is Coming around. Thing is, will he forgive Simmons when she returns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"