Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD - S02E11 - "Aftershocks"

Holy crap, how good was this episode?
Some observations:
- Fantastic acting from everyone. Good to see Henry go nuts. The argument scene was great.
- I felt bad for Raina, but damn how good was her makeup?! We've come a long way from power ranger Deathlok. And those teleporting effects for no-eyes? Awesome.
- Fitz' is growing so much as a character. I love what they've done with him.
- What's going on with Jemma? Was there some mocking around with her head after all, while she was infiltrating Hydra?
- I'm positive Mack and Bobbi are working for Stark. It's a perfect lead-up to Civil War.

Bobbi and Mac are keeping something from Coulsion ...and im fine with that.....I hope they are reporting to Stark and/or Clint......it will make for a better dynamic.... i mean you cant keep all the things Shield is doing away from Stark and Clint..who took orders from Colusion (Thor movie #1)
But my money is on one of the 2...which will tie in the beginning of the Avengers movie and their assault on the Hydra Compound

As well as the tool kit they where talking about having possession of blue prints of the shield base, and giving this information on to a third party. Suggests some sort of assault on the base for the tool kit.

Captain america was fairly adamant that there was to be no more shield in the winter soldier, may he be a possible candidate, who ever it is seem to be up to a bit more than keeping their eye on coulson.

So Trip dies and everyone gets upset but 3 other Shield agents are brutally murdered by Raina and no one even bats an eyelid.

That's because unless you're in the inner circle of friends, you're a faceless nobody to them.

Did the argument scene remind anyone else of the similar scene in the first Avengers movie?

I wonder if Coulson is going to visit their moms too?

I always find it funny when thousands of nameless soldiers die in a movie but when its a main character we are suddenly supposed to be upset.

Come to think of it that's not really much different than how we treat people in real life.

Interstellar had a good synopsis of this fact. We can care about each other but that instinct rarely extends beyond our line of sight to people we don't know.

It doesn't surprise me that they're more affected by Trip's death than they are by those other agents. It's just part of human nature - we can be sad when we hear of someone dying, but when it's someone we actually knew and interacted with on pretty much a daily basis/considered a friend, it's much more personal and is much more likely to affect us on a far deeper level. Same thing with us as the audience, we didn't know those agents - yes it's sad they died, but we'd been seeing Trip interact with the team fairly consistently since about the middle of season 1. We 'knew' him more than those other agents.

(not to mention, it's only a 45min. episode - the deaths of unnamed agents/extras I think we can reasonably surmise as being mourned off screen simply due to time constraints)

Just my opinion

I *really* hope "One of Us" includes Simmons getting her head screwed back on correctly. Otherwise, she really should be stuck in the cell where they keep captured villains.

Gordon could be the Reader.

Raina could be either Raina from the comics, a Saurid mutant. Or she could be the more very new Inhuman character Naja, who's rather reptilian in appearance or she could be an amalgam of the two. My money's on the last one.

Why do people still think she could be Naja? Her looks, powers and personality are all completely different. I also think she doesn't look like comicbook Raina, but at least that would fit a bit better. I think she looks most like Elejea, if it has to be anyone, but honestly I don't see any reason for that and at this point I think it's most likely she's just an original character.

That's why I said an amalgam of the two is my guess.

That's why I said an amalgam of the two is my guess.

That would imply at least something about Naja and Raina is similar. Naja is a nice, shy teenager with green skin, wings under her arms and a large tail (and no thorns/quills whatsoever), whose powers are camouflage/invisibility and flight. How is any of those things similar to Raina?

Raina's name is Raina, not Naja. She is Raina until we are specifically told otherwise.

Dr Strange MIGHT be Namor..but odds are that he is Dr Strange...because that's his name.

Daisy Johnson is not an Inhuman in the comics, yet she is in the cinematic universe. The fact that comics Raina is not an Inhuman means nothing.

Great episode! Not as good as the last AoS, but still a great return.

Really not feeling the Inhuman stuff right now... so I was really pleased to see them take the fight to HYDRA. The show has been so strong on fighting HYDRA, so I hope they continue to focus on that :)

The stuff with Tripp was really sad, and made it feel connected to all those months ago which was nice. Simmons seemed a bit... mad, and not sure about Fitz defending a very dangerous Skye, but let's see how it plays out. Mac and Bobbi's secret is becoming troublesome too - hope the writers don't paint themselves into a corner and reveal it as something trivial.

Great stuff though, roll on next week!

Gordon could be the Reader.

Raina could be either Raina from the comics, a Saurid mutant. Or she could be the more very new Inhuman character Naja, who's rather reptilian in appearance or she could be an amalgam of the two. My money's on the last one.

Though Reader has a different powerset from Gordon the Inhuman (the former has the ability to make things he reads into reality, while the latter is pretty much Nightcrawler with force shield powers).

Outside of Cal, I doubt we'll see any major Inhumans from the comics until the movie comes out.

I don't read the current comics...but I am fairly certain that the comics version of Reader can teleport.

But his main power is bringing into existence what he reads... hence the name. That ability hasn't even been hinted at, let alone shown. Also, he was intentionally blinded by other Inhumans because of his reading powers, it didn't occur naturally as a result of terrigenesis like Gordon in AoS. I don't think he's the Reader. He's probably an original character.

The Cinematic Universe changes details as they see fit. Pretty much every character has had details changed about them.

We've seen mere seconds of this guy on screen...and it was vitally important to get teleportation across as a power.

He's very, very, very probably Reader. It doesn't matter if his story is exactly the same.

They're both Inhumans and very new to it who had a massive physical change which they now have to deal with.

So the similarities are... they are both inhuman and they're both female? That's not really much to go on. What makes it more likely for het to be Naja than
-Ultimate Medusa?
-Ultimate Gorgon?
-Elejea?
-Tonaja?
-Margoyle?
-Chynae?
-Desidera?
-Avia?
-Fulmina?
-Quickfire?
-Doris?
-Fiona?
-Iron Cross?
-Sheath?
-Auran?
-any other female inhuman that went through physical change?

Also, he was intentionally blinded by other Inhumans because of his reading powers, it didn't occur naturally as a result of terrigenesis like Gordon in AoS.
I keep reading this (no pun intended), but I honestly can't remember this ever being mentioned. I own all the issues that he appears in, I went through them, but I can't find it. Where did it come from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"