AQUAMAN in Justice League Discussion Thread

The only true Aquaman is version 5,the original.No hook for hands,no long hair or beard,straight up king of the mutha****ing seas.

The changes Aquaman went thru were stupid,read Justice,or JLA Year One to see how great of a character Aquaman is when written properly.

There's no reason the original Aquaman cannot be combined with the other Aquamen to make an interesting, relevant big screen version.

The only true Aquaman is version 5,the original.No hook for hands,no long hair or beard,straight up king of the mutha****ing seas.

The changes Aquaman went thru were stupid,read Justice,or JLA Year One to see how great of a character Aquaman is when written properly.

A-frikki-men, brother. The classic suit is the way to go, and it's not like it'd be hard to adapt, either. I'll never understand why people love the shirtless, bearded, King Arthur look - it's just so unoriginal. Orange shirt and green pants, THAT is Aquaman.

I know,that's one of the reasons I shy away from alot of 90s DC stuff.

Electric Superman,"gritty" Aquaman with a hook hand,metal arm and beard?No thanks.

I like the pants, but the hook hand aquaman was lame to me. It was like a joke or something. The fish guy will look like a pirate. Classic is the way to go. They can have the classic version with the gleason version, just have two normal hands instead of a waterhand.

Gotta go with the classic look.

I don't mind the long hair, and beard. But the hook/aqautic hand look just never appealed to me. Overall, I would generally prefer the classic look. Short hair and classic costume of course.

Any version is good enough for me. I just wanna see him kick arse. He;s biggest badass in the team. After Batman, of course.

Any version is good enough for me. I just wanna see him kick arse. He;s biggest badass in the team. After Batman, of course.

Yeah, well, I'm beginning to think he will be CGI just like J'onn as he's the most ignored as far as casting rumors go. :o :woot:

Yeah, well, I'm beginning to think he will be CGI just like J'onn as he's the most ignored as far as casting rumors go. :o :woot:

Well, there's Santiago Cabrera, apparently. Over at Darkhorizons, Garth says that Scott Porter was shortlisted for Aquaman and the Flash and we know he didn't get Flash. At least that's something. :yay:

Well, there's Santiago Cabrera, apparently. Over at Darkhorizons, Garth says that Scott Porter was shortlisted for Aquaman and the Flash and we know he didn't get Flash. At least that's something. :yay:

Yup, there's him. And wow, that Porter guy has gone from Flash to Superman to Aquaman? it boggles the mind. :wow:

Here's a pic of Santiago topless and wet...

santiagoak9.jpg

He still looks too Max Lord to me to be Aquaman.

here's a shot of Santiago Cabrera as Octavius (from the mini series,Empire)

Agreed, he actually looks less like Aquaman than pretty much any other Leaguer, IMO.

To me, casting Cabrera suggests he'll have that crappy King Arthur look, which is disappointing to me.

I'm sorry but if he is gonna' do it I am all for the ultimate piece of metatheatre. Cast the guy who played a character who was an actor who played him in WB's new big tentpole for WB's real new big tent pole.

Adrian Grenier.

I don't care if he has the look or not. Aquaman has always been a lame character but the irony and circular artificial logic would be so dense it would automatically be brilliant if he played the dude. I mean given the direction this film is headed he is a good solid actor and the role wouldn't require much.

I picked the water hand version. Usualy I prefer the origional, but I think the waterhand gives him more diversity.

Just mix them together, Aquaman has never really had a good costume in that mistake.

I say mix the Ultimate Aquaman with the aquaman from Alan Ritchison/justin hartley Aquaman, Sword of Atlantis Aquaman and Aquaman from Justice, and JLA year one and you get a pretty cool aquaman.

what does ultimate aquaman look like?

The suggestion of Justin Hartley (accompanied by photos) on the first page is very convincing. I hadn't thought too long or too hard about Aquaman's casting, but if people could get over the fact that he was Green Arrow in Smallville, then he seems like an excellent choice for the role.

In terms of which version, my only really beef with the classic version are the gloves. They would not translate well in live-action, in my opinion. You have to expect that they will create a new visual look for the movie, but I do hope it is respectful of and highly reminiscent of Aquaman's classic look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"