Batman: Arkham Asylum 2.0

Got a trainer for the Game of the Year Edition on PC, it finally allowed me to experience what it's like to play New Game+ in this game.
Sort of, I did not use the buy upgrades for Hard difficulty.

I want to take a moment to focus on the insane level of detail in the games. Specifically AA. I am replaying all of them until the day I pick up my one and AK from Gamestop. Anyway, right now, I passed the reception area, after the Joker broke out. I lingered as I heard a telephone go off, and heard the Joker answer. A wife of one of the employees was calling to check on her husband, and the Joker pretended to be the dispatcher. He made a horrible joke about being only able to find the guy's head.

The fact that they put all of these horrible details in really attests to the craftsmanship of Rocksteady.

So after playing Arkham Knight, I bought Return to Arkham. I've finished Arkham Asylum in three days! It seemed quick but the game was still pretty long to me. I definitely prefer Arkham Knight over it. Just being stuck in that island, kinda made me a bit claustrophobic and isolated. It just had that creepy feeling with those zombie lunatics suddenly coming out of nowhere, made me want to finish it as soon as I can, and I didn't bother to find the other Riddler trophies that I didn't get. I hated the Scarecrow stages and the Killer Croc stage. The platform factor of this game could be extremely frustrating, and I hate that I always needed to repeat because I couldn't jump the right way. Like I didn't want the platform aspect for a superhero game like this. I did enjoy the Poison Ivy chapters. Out of the three Rocksteady games, I prefer City/Knight more. I guess not being an open world and not having side missions aside from the exhausting Riddler trophy hunting, made a big difference to me.

What is Rocksteady even doing at the moment? They haven't released anything since Arkham VR, have they?

I remember getting and playing Asylum on my 360. Hard to believe it's been 11 years already.

The game that put Rocksteady on the map and gave us a fantastic Batman game that reinvented the superhero game genre Forever. The success of Arkham Asylum was monumental.

Im currently playing it for my small German youtube channel and even thought its the Return to Arkham version...which as many know...has taken away some of the Atmosphere with the Lightning etc.
And it is still just such a incredible immersive Game.
Such a wonderful crafted world and all.
The way the Asylum looks and is structured...just so incredible.
Looking back, i thought really that nobody can top this...then came City.
But still, this was THE game for me back in the day.
I was living and breathing Arkham Asylum back when it came out.
One of the last games i kept playing through the nights.

I think it almost took me a year to beat it because i kept restarting at checkpoints dozens of times for every predator or Free Flow map.
I played the Predator challenges for hours and hours...like literally i played with the Thugs in the Predator rooms for hours and didnt care for the High Score etc.
Just enjoying the feeling of being Batman.

Ah good times...we need more Batman games.

Dont get me wrong, i like that the switch players get them...but i hate how they again ignore Origins.

Like how tonedeaf do you need to be?
People literally left and right praise the game more and more, many call it the best batman origins story outside of comics and so on.
People cry for Remasters and they just dont listen...i dont get it.

The one two punch they could do here, would go so hard.
Get the trilogy finally to switch...while you do a remaster for all platforms.
Easy and big money right there.

The WB suits are even worse when it comes to understanding the gaming audience they could easily have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"