• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure. He just tweeted out the Pattinson as frontrunner story.

In his article,
While a deal has not yet been made and it is unclear if there is an offer on the table, Robert Pattinson is a top contender play Batman in Matt Reeves' DC movie for Warner Bros.

It is also unclear who else is on Reeves' short list, other names that have been floated alongside Pattinson's were Armie Hammer, Nicholas Hoult and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

Not a done deal but Pattinson on top.

Such a rollercoaster, Batman was supposed to be under 30s for a long time, now after Kroll's 25-33 age range info, apparently Pattinson and Hammer are the ones who made the age range jumped (both 33). :funny:

THANK. ****ING. GODDDDDDDDD.

So happy the mass debate is over.
To be clear, I would be saying this about literally ANYONE right now as long as it meant I no longer had to hear the lot of you droning on over the same nonsense that you've been going on about for the last few months.

Like, no offense, but... a little bit of offense. :o

Such a rollercoaster, Batman was supposed to be under 30s for a long time, now after Kroll's 25-33 age range info, apparently Pattinson and Hammer are the ones who made the age range jumped (both 33). :funny:
Unless they were gonna be targeting complete unknowns, the <30 thing was just never a feasible goal. Not many good candidates for this part within that age range.

It'll be interesting how much they delve into this "early" Batman directive though. Robert's older than Bale was when he got cast, and while Robert does have a youthful look to him, you gotta wonder how long that'll maintain when by sequel time he'll be in his mid to late 30s.

I feel so bad for him since the press for his Nolan film coming up will now be inundated with Batman questions.

He will soon know how Ben Affleck felt when doing press for Live By Night.

Basically, we shouldn't celebrate yet because it's not official. Not a done deal.

Don't celebrate until the ink is dry.

Affleck was decent but his writing was absolute ****.

They made the wrong Batman. That's not the type of Batman you do in a shared universe you're trying to get off the ground.
From Snyder's description for how he planned it originally. It seemed that it was never the plan for it to be a long running shared universe. Probably why Affleck left. WB wanted the long running universe and Affleck signed on because he thought it wouldn't be .

I feel so bad for him since the press for his Nolan film coming up will now be inundated with Batman questions.

He will soon know how Ben Affleck felt when doing press for Live By Night.

Ben Affleck has no one to blame but himself. Dude finally got his filmmaking career off the ground and could do whatever he wanted.

From Snyder's description for how he planned it originally. It seemed that it was never the plan for it to be a long running shared universe. Probably why Affleck left. WB wanted the long running universe and Affleck signed on because he thought it wouldn't be .

I could give two ****s what Snyder wanted. He ****ed up.

Was this a number one choice? I feel old. This whole thing is like the day I realized I don't get fortnite.

Was this a number one choice? I feel old. This whole thing is like the day I realized I don't get fortnite.
IMHO on the short list, he's the No. 1 choice I'd say should get it.

I'm not sure Pattinson is the No. 1 choice among fans.

But when you consider Hoult and Johnson...yeesh...

Turning down my hype for a bit but at least we got a shortlist now. And I'm be fine with Hammer or Hoult honestly but Battinson is bae

Turning down my hype for a bit but at least we got a shortlist now. And I'm be fine with Hammer or Hoult honestly but Battinson is bae

I think either of those two would be wretched. Hammer has proven he's not leading man material.

Hoult isn't either. He ruined Beast. He ruined Tolkien.

When was the last time a fandom's NUMBER 1 choice got picked?!?
Bale and Cavill were heavy favorites for years on internet forums. Particularly the latter, considering he actually had time to build more support as he lost the part very early.

I think Beast ruined Beast honestly

I'm 40 years old and lived through that whole twilight era so it just seems so weird to me.
Look, if our quintessential Captain America can be the guy who once walked out in a whipped cream bikini with a banana up his ass...

When was the last time a fandom's NUMBER 1 choice got picked?!?
I don't know if it was the whole fandom. But I remember a post on here where Sawyer predicted Peter Capaldi getting the role of The Doctor.

Unless they were gonna be targeting complete unknowns, the <30 thing was just never a feasible goal. Not many good candidates for this part within that age range.

It'll be interesting how much they delve into this "early" Batman directive though. Robert's older than Bale was when he got cast, and while Robert does have a youthful look to him, you gotta wonder how long that'll maintain when by sequel time he'll be in his mid to late 30s.
Pattinson has a unique face. Youthful but with a sure maturity. A bit 'villain-ish' but in a good way.
I think even if his youthful looks fading during the sequel it wouldn't be a problem. His Batman age and it'll work well for 'older, current timeline Batman'.

Anyway, if any of those 4 names is going to be official and I'm happy. :D
This is a rare thing for me, the 4 top contenders are my personal favorite fancast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"