Batsuit.

If he isn't committed even to Superman's trunks I doubt he's committed to the color scheme of a batsuit in a movie which visual aesthetic they haven't even begun to work on yet. Plus he said he liked black and grey just as much.

With the rumors/speculation that Superman's logo in Legacy might be Kingdom Come inspired, I wonder if Batman's logo in Brave And The Bold will be the same.

1708738286356.png

This is obviously a suit of armor, but I could see them shrinking the symbol down to fit the chest like most traditional bat symbols.

With today's tech, they absolutely CAN do a more comic accurate suit. Love the tactical look from Nolan and Reeve's Batsuits, but I don't think this should be the way to go here.

In terms of composition I’d love for it to be something like this. A nanotube undersuit covered by a flexible Kevlar fabric is the perfect way to make a comic accurate batsuit work in live action.

IMG_0515.jpeg

Blue, grey and yellow oval. It's time.
I'm fine with blue and grey as long as the blue is dark blue.

I have never been a fan of that lighter brighter blue of the 70s and 80s.

I'd also welcome back the yellow oval. Time will tell though.

Much to be excited for such as the casting and new suit reveal.

441467769_962698385214181_5093919615181009526_n.jpg

So how would you guys like the batsuit to look now that we've seen the Superman suit?

I honestly think he's gonna go for something more along the lines of Arkham Knight/New 52/Injustice tbh.

I believe the DCU Batman will be in some type of armor.

I believe the DCU Batman will be in some type of armor.

I'm honestly expecting the DCU Batman suit to follow a very very similar philosophy to the one he applied when making Bloodsport's suit, same way his Superman costume followed a very similar philosophy to Guardians, presumably because of the alien/space angle. The emphasis on practicality while also keeping an element of theatrics and intimidation seems like something that'd fit Batman as well. Not to mention that Bloodsport, like Batman, is also supposed to be a very "no-nonsense" type of character.

Idris%20Elba%20suicide%20squad%20Bloodsport%20costume.jpeg

Idris%20Elba%20suicide%20squad%20Bloodsport%20costume.jpeg

ss2-37769-jmr.jpg

Blue and gray fabric suit with the oval, trunks and lenses.

This may be a case of cognitive dissonance, but despite being Pro-Trunks for Superman I actually think Batman works better without the trunks myself. I've never thought that they work with the whole creature of the night angle, while Superman has an inherent campiness so they work for him. Plus, black and/or grey isn't as strong on the eye so you can get away without breaking it up when compared to light blue.

This may be a case of cognitive dissonance, but despite being Pro-Trunks for Superman I actually think Batman works better without the trunks myself. I've never thought that they work with the whole creature of the night angle, while Superman has an inherent campiness so they work for him. Plus, black and/or grey isn't as strong on the eye so you can get away without breaking it up when compared to light blue.
Also there are already a bunch of ways to break the color scheme with Batman, particularly due to the utility belt.

I want public figure, superhero Batman.

Gray and blue, oval, capsule belt, trunks.

IDK. All of Gunn's favorite Batman comics seem to lean heavier into the darker, "creature of the night" "tragic warrior" angle, and all his personal comments on the character seem to indicate that's the take he prefers, so I kinda doubt we'll get that type of Silver Age-esque Batman, especially since I think he'll want to make as big a deal as possible for the contrast between Batman and Superman, but we'll see.

We've had "creature of the night," "tragic warrior" Batman for twenty years straight now.

If Gunn genuinely wants to do something to separate from the rest of the pack, lean into the character's superhero trappings. Especially if the plan is for the DCU Batman to run concurrently with Reeves' version.

Embrace the comic book aesthetic and go all-in with the more sci-fi/fantasy elements of the mythos. Give us flavors of Neal Adams, Norm Breyfogle and Jim Aparo. Let Grant Morrison be your guide.

We've had "creature of the night," "tragic warrior" Batman for twenty years straight now.

If Gunn genuinely wants to do something to separate from the rest of the pack, lean into the character's superhero trappings. Especially if the plan is for the DCU Batman to run concurrently with Reeves' version.

Embrace the comic book aesthetic and go all-in with the more sci-fi/fantasy elements of the mythos. Give us flavors of Neal Adams, Norm Breyfogle and Jim Aparo. Let Grant Morrison be your guide.
The thing is, from the minute this film was announced James went out of his way to go out on Twitter and say that he wouldn't be intentionally attempting to differentiate himself from Reeves. (Which is the right move IMO)

Also, what does "embrace the comic book aesthetic" even mean for Batman? He's had dozens and dozens and dozens of designs over the years. He could go for an armored take and it'd be embracing the comic book aesthetic of the New 52, or go for something even more utilitarian and it'd be embracing the comic book aesthetic of Bermejo. The "dark creature of the night" and "tragic warrior" thing IS a comic-book thing and is a thing present on most of the comics that James mentioned as his favorite ones of the character, it's not exclusive to Pattinson; it's not even exclusive to a "realistic Batman" since Arkham Knight is fantastical in a way Reeves Batman will never be and still plays into those elements and still leaned into that.

Even the "let Grant Morrison be your guide"... I mean, they embraced those aspects of the character as well all over their run, and by the time that their Batman sported a new costume, it was this, which had a cape and cowl that was pretty blatantly just black (opposed to the blue-ish that was introduced in Hush) ditched the trunks and mostly ditched the "second skin" aesthetic that was present in previous comic Batman costumes, with the pattern over the batsuit and such:
Batman by Grant Morrison Vol 3 - 008-1.jpgBatman by Grant Morrison Vol 3 - 030.jpg
RCO084_1562031492.jpgWhich, come to think of it, I could also see this being the type of design they go for, as it already has a lot of the "Judianna Makovsky-isms" and would be very easy for her to adapt.

Also, the very fact that one of our first introductions, if not our first introduction to this Batman's world, mythos and Gotham is gonna be an Arkham psychological thriller/horror show produced by Matt Reeves that was originally in its conception part of the Reevesverse kinda doubles down more on the fact that the DCU isn't running away from the dark aspects of Batman at all, and as such I don't expect his aesthetic to be an intentional attempt from doing that.

If the Superman costume had been a complete throwback I'd think there'd be more of a chance for that type of Neal Adams type look but since he went pretty much the opposite direction I can't think that suddenly his Batman, who he likes precisely because he's a dark character, would be that type of throwback.

I would welcome the black and gray with yellow oval. Even Blue and gray with yellow oval as long as it's a dark blue. I was personally never a fan of that bright blue that was depicted int he 70's comics.

Batfleck's suit was a step in the right direction of what I would love to see more of. No need to be that bulky but aesthetically wise, a step in the right direction.

Since they made Corenswet's Superman suit modern and more futuristic, I won't be surprised if they do the same for Batman's suit as well for this film for The Brave & The Bold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"