Best screen Batman?

Tim Burton's/Michael Keaton's Batman. I'd place Batman TAS, before putting Bale's Batman on any list.

Only Michael Keaton(Batman,Batman Returns) Kevin COnroy(The DC Animated Universe of
Batman the Animated series,The new Batman adventres,Superman The ANimaeted series guest appearances,Justice League/Justice League Unlimited,Mask of the Phantasm,Sub
Zero,Mystery of the Batwoman,Batman Beyond pilot,Return of the JOker) and Christin
bale(The Nolan Trilogy) should be consiered for best batman.

Tim Burton's/Michael Keaton's Batman. I'd place Batman TAS, before putting Bale's Batman on any list.

Indeed! Michael Keaton and Kevin Conroy are hard to beat!

Yeah because the guy who started the poll failed at listing the proper choices. And let's be honest... Most people are picking Bale because they like the newer films, not because of his portrayal. :whatever: :cwink:

Yeah yeah people are picking him because of the new films not cos they genuinely like him best. We're all so fickle. Just like the few votes Keaton got was from nostalgic childhood memories ;)

I'd Bale's portrayal over any other, and I think what he brings to the role is widely overlooked when people consider the greatness of Nolan's Batman movies.

Yeah because the guy who started the poll failed at listing the proper choices. And let's be honest... Most people are picking Bale because they like the newer films, not because of his portrayal. :whatever: :cwink:

I genuinely prefer his portrayal of the character. I don't understand when people try to invalidate others' opinions because of x reason.

I'd Bale's portrayal over any other, and I think what he brings to the role is widely overlooked when people consider the greatness of Nolan's Batman movies.

Agreed.

Keaton was a better Batman. Lowering the voice and not talking as much is better for batman. Bale's a better Bruce Wayne but his voice for Batman just really kills it and he talks to much imo.

Keaton was a better Batman. Lowering the voice and not talking as much is better for batman. Bale's a better Bruce Wayne but his voice for Batman just really kills it and he talks to much imo.

I agree^

The only thing that helps me resolve that issue is thinking like this:

- Bale is Batman in his beginning stage. His early years. (or using internet/gamer slang) he's a newb. So therefore I try to think that it is okay that he talks a lot and tries so hard to be badass.
Because...

- Later on in his career (where I see Michael Keaton), I feel like Batman has become more relaxed, more calm, more sure of himself and more brooding. Therefore becoming the quieter, angrier Batman.

That being said, I agree with the majority of posts.
BALE is a great BRUCE WAYNE
KEATON is a great BATMAN

--dk7

Michael Keaton's Batman literally felt like a 6 foot bat. I loved how he'd just quietly appear from nowhere without making a single sound and if he did speak it was in a low, deep, smooth voice as if he's a ghost. The mysterious approach really adds to his character.

I prefer Michael Keaton's Batman and Bruce Wayne above Bale's. Nothing wrong with Bale's performance but Keaton's Wayne seems like someone who saw his parents death and never got over it. He looks at their file every night before going out to remind himself why he does this. Even in that scene from Batman Returns where Bruce is brooding in his mansion before the Bat signal goes off...you know he is thinking about his parents.

I grew up on Burton's Batman, so I'll always have some bias towards his. The way he told Batman's story in the first film was perfect, and acts well as a fun, gritty, and satisfying standalone film.

On top of that, I would also go with TAS like others do.

Kevin Conroy. He was on screen, and no one has played the role quite like him.

My vote's for Keaton, for a few other reasons beside nostalgia, but I'm not saying it's perfect either, nor am I implying that Bale's performance didn't have a lot going for it too! I'm also not counting Conroy, despite the awesome job he did, because he wasn't responsible for Batman's entire performance on TAS. Kilmer's performance was adequate for what he had to work with, while West and Clooney are great if you're idea of Batman is the version running around in the 50's and 60's, where he was an official deputy of Gotham who was walking around in broad daylight. They're also the only two who actually applied the no-killing rule (despite the whole debate between Batman and Joker in DK, Bale still has two kills on his scorecard).

Bottom line though, I feel Keaton has more of the iconic elements that comes to mind when I think of Batman.

Last edited:
BTAS Batman got my vote

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"