Best first Batman appearance?

BH/HHH

You Are My World
Reaction score
It's simple best first Batman appearance:

Batman (1989) - Hanging the thug off the rooftop

Batman Begins - Docks scene

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - like a scene from a horror movie

For me it was always the rooftop scene from Batman '89 but now is the "horror" type scene from BvS. I think it's perfection, all three are fantastic though.

BVS

Then, TDK, and B-89.

Sorry when I said first I mean the first time we'd seen the Batman's in their first appearance. In hindsight I probably should have included Kilmer and Clooney's.

Although TDK is a great shout even though it's Bale's second first appearance :woot:

Batman Begins.

I would go BvS, but the way Batman was hiding in the ceiling corner looked kinda goofy to me. Killed the otherwise wonderful horror vibe the scene had going for it.

tumblr_n7w6mzwSip1rrkahjo6_250.gif

:o

Begins. That dock scene was class.

B89, clearly.

The BvS intro is something that I hope to be seriously expanded upon in the Ultimate Edition. Yes it was deliciously creepy, but for me it was simply way too quick and fleeting a glimpse to be a truly satisfying intro to the character.

I wasn't alive back then, but I voted for B89. It was the first time we've been introduced to Batman on the big screen*, and also when Batman first got his dark reputation in the eyes of the general audience. I imagine the opening scene must have struck all the right chords back then, even if it doesn't seem like much today.

*Yes I know there was also the '66 film but it was only available in select theatres and can't really be considered a major release. It has more in common with Mask of the Phantasm marketing wise.

Batman 89. He did everything right and for the first time. He scared the crap out of those two guys, he acted as an immortal creature from hell (he was shot, fell down and came back to life), he did the cape thing, he used those thugs to spread the word that streets were not safe for criminals anymore, he jumped and vanished away as he was never there and he did the "I'm Batman" that so many others have tried to imitate.

What about their first apparition as Batman?
bale takes the cake there too

i never got to see the first episode of that old adam west batman though, but that doesn't matter coz he wasn't an option

Batman 89. He did everything right and for the first time. He scared the crap out of those two guys, he acted as an immortal creature from hell (he was shot, fell down and came back to life), he did the cape thing, he used those thugs to spread the word that streets were not safe for criminals anymore, he jumped and vanished away as he was never there and he did the "I'm Batman" that so many others have tried to imitate.
Agreed, I voted for B89 as well.

I'm still on the fence about Bat-Fleck since his brief glimpse at the beginning didn't have that same sort of impact and its not like his Batman was coming out of retirement so I don't see why he still needed to be lurking to avoid cops.

Batman Begins. But most of the other scenes are also great.

there's other threads you can praise your love of Bale
other threads yeah, but he was telling me to go to a completely different forum. i thought that was a bit much.

anyways, my vote goes to bale.

to me he gave the best performance of this whole character, so he's my go to for practically anything to do with live action batman.

other threads yeah, but he was telling me to go to a completely different forum. i thought that was a bit much.

anyways, my vote goes to bale.

to me he gave the best performance of this whole character, so he's my go to for practically anything to do with live action batman.

I may have said forum but I meant thread.

You're attempt to completely derail the thread I created into a bashing/praising thread was uncalled for. The point is to pick which scene based on the scene itself, like everyone else has done.

I may have said forum but I meant thread.
How was I supposed to know that?
You're attempt to completely derail the thread I created into a bashing/praising thread was uncalled for.
Let's get one thing clear. It wasn't my intention to derail the thread. On topic, I voted for Bale, and furthermore I explained why I picked him.
The point is to pick which scene based on the scene itself, like everyone else has done.
That is what I did. I went one step further and added more context as to the reason behind my own personal vote.

Ok then let's move on

1943 Gloomy Batman and the big empty office desk.

11wih7.gif

Dude has got like zero paper work.

Last edited:
I think I still have to go with Batman '89 for the best introductory scene. I mean, the whole "I'm Batman" thing became a meme before there were memes, so much so that the Batman Begins used in in the dock scene. It became iconic for the character. But no one has delivered that line better than Keaton.

Now, if we're talking the film overall, I'd go with Batman Begins. Pretty much everything I wanted from a Batman origin film.

Last edited:
Pretty much in chronological order. B89>BB>BvS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"