Birds of Prey Birds of Prey General Discussion and Speculation

I'll be interested to see what the content is that necessitates the R rating.
I remember a scene in Brubaker's Catwoman run where Black Mask force-fed Maggie Kyle her husband's eyeballs. I can see how he could warrant an R-rating.

But do we want that?
Well I mean, that was a great run, so I wouldn't be opposed to something like it. But obviously, that was Catwoman, who's not involved here, so who knows. Black Mask is known as a particularly sadistic villain, so I'm not against a faithful portrayal of him. Just because Snyder's films didn't work out doesn't mean DC should suddenly be afraid of portraying dark villains as they are.

Well I mean, that was a great run, so I wouldn't be opposed to something like it. But obviously, that was Catwoman, who's not involved here, so who knows. Black Mask is known as a particularly sadistic villain, so I'm not against a faithful portrayal of him. Just because Snyder's films didn't work out doesn't mean DC should suddenly be afraid of portraying dark villains as they are.
I understand your point of view, I in fact do not like Black Mask for that reason, but that's on me. A well crafted movie may make me overlook that. :cwink:

McGregor wouldn't have been my first choice for Black Mask, but that's a casting coup.

Is Oracle going to be in this or what?

Looks like Nikki and Ray will reunite after Fargo after all:

d44548e19e8225ffccb4e7f0f901b051

Good choice, great actor. Oh and he and Mary Elizabeth Winstead in a movie together, the press tour won't get awkward at all. ;)

As for the R Rating, well Black Mask is a sadist who enjoys torturing people in the comics, so there's that. And Huntress is a ruthless killer at times as well.

McGregor's daughters probably won't be buying a ticket to see this movie :oops:

I mean Black Mask kidnapped Catwoman's sister and brother in law in the comics, tortured the latter to death with power tools, then forced the former to EAT parts of her husband's corpse (including his eyeballs). She had a mental breakdown and needed to be institutionalized as a consequence of this. He also brutally tortured Stephanie Brown/Spoiler, a teenage girl, during the War Games storyline as well.

If those aren't "R-rated" then I don't know what is.

McGregor's daughters probably won't be buying a ticket to see this movie :oops:

I don't know about his adopted daughters' opinion about MEW (they don't even have public IG) but his biological (Clara and Esther) definitely won't.

How reliable, as in how much salt are you talking about? enough to kill you or Ramsey's good taste?

That guy correctly said that MEW has already been cast as Huntress a week before the trades confirmed it. He/she has also shared a lot of other new information with regards to WB's plan with the DCEU. He/she is a senior member of a prominent forum for cinephiles so I think he/she's pretty legit.

Just saw one of other previous films was gonna be rated r until it wasn’t, so we will see.

Also if it’s not Ewen it’s prob Sharlto Copley, thank goodness we got one of the best actors going around instead of Mr flop post district 9

I thought Copley was a lot of fun to watch in Free Fire :shrug:

An interview with the screenwriter Christina Hodson

'Bumblebee' screenwriter Christina Hodson is shaping Hollywood's blockbuster future — and centering female stories - Los Angeles Times

What has it been like working closely with Margot Robbie on the “Birds of Prey” project?
This, I can say: [Robbie] is an amazing producer. She’s so dedicated, cares so much, she is in it and works so hard — looks through every choice, reads through every draft, and has super-smart notes. I am all about finding good people you believe in as human beings as well as being good creative partners and producers, because it’s an investment — writing these movies takes it out of you. I’m also just excited that [director Cathy Yan] is a woman and she’s Asian. That’s a big deal.

Diving into comics lore, what was it about Harley Quinn that spoke to you?
I just fell in love with Harley. She makes me laugh, but she also makes me cry.... She’s got such emotional depth that is completely contrasted by this light, superficial, fun exterior. Even in the comics when she is at her best, she’s doing something bad — and when she’s at her worst she’s doing something good. And that makes her so interesting and so much more real, because that’s what people are like in real life. Very few people are just purely heroic or purely villainous, and she is this wonderful balance of everything.

How much can you share about working on “Batgirl”?

Basically nothing, other than I’m really excited — because she’s Batgirl! She’s all the things I love about Batman. I’ve always been more interested in humans than supernatural things and monsters. People are capable of profound good, but also profound evil. The things that people will do when you back them into a corner are amazing, terrifying, and wonderful at the same time, and it draws out these primal things in us — good and bad. And that, to me, is so fascinating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"