Birds of Prey Birds of Prey General Discussion and Speculation

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
New discussion thread for a shiny new board.

A entire sub forum for this really wasn’t necessary.

Well it's in a bit of an awkward place as it deserves it's own forum like any potential franchise we have on the horizon (and it's further into development than some that do), and we can't put it under Batman because it has no more connection to the Batman franchise right now than Suicide Squad does. So entire sub it is.

Is there a release date tied to this thing? I'm still skeptical it will ever happen.

Does that mean we should have a Joker one too?
Well isn't that intended as an Elseworlds thing whereas this is not? I don't know how the Hype admins intend to handle the DC Elseworld stuff yet. Maybe there should just be a catch-all "Elseworlds" forum if they're gonna be doing a bunch of these? That film's also a one-shot as far as I can tell. Considering Joaquin's casting, I don't think it's meant to be a franchise, whereas this certainly will be if it's successful.

Is there a release date tied to this thing? I'm still skeptical it will ever happen.
February 7th, 2020. It has a script and director, they just started casting and already have a few major roles locked down, so it appears to be moving full steam ahead.

Last edited:
February 7th, 2020. It has a script and director, they just started casting and already have a few major roles locked down, so it appears to be moving full steam ahead.

So did Superman Lives, Justice League: Mortal, and more recently Cyborg (I think?), one iteration of The Flash...

Until there is stuff actually on camera, I think anything DC announces is still in at least a little it of danger.

So did Superman Lives, Justice League: Mortal, and more recently Cyborg (I think?), one iteration of The Flash...

Until there is stuff actually on camera, I think anything DC announces is still in at least a little it of danger.
Of course. Any project can fall apart. But there are DC projects announced and in limbo, and there are DC projects well into the pipeline. This seems like the latter (in fact they just moved the release date UP a week and got those IMAX screens), and there doesn't seem to be anything holding it back or putting it in jeopardy, so until we hear otherwise, it's a go.

Well isn't that intended as an Elseworlds thing whereas this is not? I don't know how the Hype admins intend to handle the DC Elseworld stuff yet. Maybe there should just be a catch-all "Elseworlds" forum if they're gonna be doing a bunch of these? That film's also a one-shot as far as I can tell. Considering Joaquin's casting, I don't think it's meant to be a franchise, whereas this certainly will be if it's successful.

Who knows what DC is making cannon and what they're not at this point.

If there's a suggestion box: Venom is a sub under Spider-man, it's got nothing to do with Spidey, and may be getting a sequel. Can't we just put this under Batman as it's his extended family? Knowing DC this will either be a one and done, or a one then wait 5 years.

Wouldn’t that apply to Suicide Squad too, since that’s just Batman villains (and Batman was actually IN that)? I’m guessing the admins made this a full forum because that is.

So, just to make sure I've got this right, confirmed so far is:
Director Cathy Yan
Writer Christina Hodson
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Black Canary
Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress
Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya

Anything I've missed?

So, just to make sure I've got this right, confirmed so far is:
Director Cathy Yan
Writer Christina Hodson
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Black Canary
Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress
Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya

Anything I've missed?
Looking at that list, other than Robbie the only one of those names that I knew prior to these BoP announcements was MEW :shrug:

Definitely worth watching, one of my favourite shows.

Wouldn’t that apply to Suicide Squad too, since that’s just Batman villains (and Batman was actually IN that)? I’m guessing the admins made this a full forum because that is.

It's mostly Batman villians but I think extends beyond his roster. Aren't some of them flash villians? BvS should go in the JL one though since the subtitle was Dawn of Justice.

Yeah I think they’re at that point where they’re just giving any potential franchises their own forums now, and if they turn out to be one-and-dones, they’ll get folded into a suitable parent forum. Sony is creating a whole “Spider-verse” that Venom’s meant to be a part of, which is why it is where it is, while we have no indication yet that BoP will crossover with anything outside of the SS connection. It’s simply another DCEU title, so it’s getting a forum like the other DCEU titles. That’s just my guess as far as the logic goes, lol.

Last edited:
Here's hoping that Canary is still the main bird in charge since Babs wont be around.

Do we know that Barbara won't be in it?

We do. Unless its a surprise cameo. She was in the first draft of the film and ended up getting written out.

A entire sub forum for this really wasn’t necessary.
Why? It's a potential new franchise with loads of potential. If the first is successful, they have plenty of material and team members to introduce for future installments. It deserves it's own forum, as putting it under the Batman banner would be an insult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"