Black Widow's Rotten Tomatoes Thread

Judging from the reactions I’m thinking the score will be somewhere in the range of 70-80 percent range. This might look like the weaker received Marvel flicks but it still likely ends up fresh on the tomato meter. So this will be in the same territory of Iron Man 2 & 3, Age Of Ultron, and Captain Marvel. The critical consensus won’t herald this as the next “Marvel masterpiece!” but it will generally be viewed as “good” or “passable.”

Judging from the reactions I’m thinking the score will be somewhere in the range of 70-80 percent range. This might look like the weaker received Marvel flicks but it still likely ends up fresh on the tomato meter. So this will be in the same territory of Iron Man 2 & 3, Age Of Ultron, and Captain Marvel. The critical consensus won’t herald this as the next “Marvel masterpiece!” but it will generally be viewed as “good” or “passable.”
To me,It looks more Good than Passable.

I say somewhere in the low to mid 80's percentage wise.

I voted Certified Fresh.

The poll will close on July 8, so vote now!

After all this time without a MCU film I really hope they come back strong with this.

Reviews are out.

‘Black Widow’: Natasha Romanoff Is Given A Final Farewell In Marvel’s Latest Entertaining, But Inconsequential Episode [Review]

Movie Review: It’s Ladies’ Night when “Black Widow” sets out for revenge

https://www.slantmagazine.com/film/...-more-morally-enlightened-future-for-the-mcu/

Black Widow review – Scarlett Johansson, the Russian super spy with an electra complex

Black Widow Review: Marvel’s Most Feminine Film is a Brutal Action Movie - Den of Geek

Black Widow Review - Scarlett Johansson Shines in Spy MCU Flick

Black Widow review: A perfect cast carries the slick Marvel superspy action

‘Black Widow’ Review: Johansson and Pugh Share Banter and Badass Fights in Solid Bourne-Meets-Marvel Romp

‘Black Widow’ Review: The MCU Never Did Right by Natasha Romanoff

‘Black Widow’: Review

'Black Widow' Review: Scarlett Johansson's Long-Awaited Solo Film is a Big Disappointment

'Black Widow' Review: Grittier and With More Feeling Than You Expect - Variety

Black Widow injects a little James Bond into the MCU

Black Widow review - has it been worth the wait?

Black Widow Manages to Do What Few Marvel Movies Can

‘Black Widow’ Review: Marvel Starts Phase 4 With Scarlett Johansson Sendoff – Deadline

Black Widow Review: New Character Overshadows Nat's Long-Awaited Solo Film

Marvel's Black Widow Review - IGN

Black Widow movie review & film summary (2021) | Roger Ebert

Film review: four stars for 'exciting' Black Widow

Review: Scarlett Johansson finally gets her Marvel closeup, but ‘Black Widow’ is too little, too late

89% and 7.1/10 on RT after 53 reviews. 79% and 6.9/10 with Top Critics.

Last edited:
I think mid 70's-low 80's

I think I'm going to really enjoy it personally. Can't wait to watch it next week

A lot of reviews I’m seeing can basically be summed up as, “eh... it’s a okay film with some good acting stuff but it feels like it’s coming out a little too late after you ultimately know Natasha’s fate.” I don’t think I’ve that many reviewers particularly over the moon about the movie.

I expect a drop to the high 70's.

Every negative review hurts alot more than one or two positive reviews. And they will come in more frequently later. They normally do.

Knowing Natasha's fate has never really bothered me, but if you're a big stickler for that and it takes you out of it it's fair to mention it.

But me personally I could care less if this movie came out 2 years from now if it is good to me.

Knowing Natasha's fate has never really bothered me, but if you're a big stickler for that and it takes you out of it it's fair to mention it.

But me personally I could care less if this movie came out 2 years from now if it is good to me.
A good movie is all I’m after.

I do agree with the one middling review that says that overall Natasha has been mishandled. Particularly in the Perlmutter era.

It didn't bother me that she died and I've liked her overall but she could have been much more early on. Hopefully Natasha walked so Yelena can soar.

I do agree with the one middling review that says that overall Natasha has been mishandled. Particularly in the Perlmutter era.

It didn't bother me that she died and I've liked her overall but she could have been much more early on. Hopefully Natasha walked so Yelena can soar.

I thought Natasha has been handled quite well in the earlier phases. A good mix of sex appeal and agency inherent in the character, to appeal to both genders. I definitely liked her chemistry with all the guys.

She came into her own during CATWS where we really got to see her personality.

Disappointed they never resolved her feelings for Bruce, but I suppose Bruce is destined to end up with Betty. I'm assuming he'll be back to Bruce by She-Hulk.. instead of an Animated Smart Hulk on a TV budget :hehe:

It's unfortunate that Natasha had such a tragic end, but considering her dark past and those she's killed..it seems rather fitting. Like the way Jack Bauer ended up in the Russian prison. Those who live by the sword.

I thought Natasha has been handled quite well in the earlier phases. A good mix of sex appeal and agency inherent in the character, to appeal to both genders. I definitely liked her chemistry with all the guys.

She came into her own during CATWS where we really got to see her personality.

Disappointed they never resolved her feelings for Bruce, but I suppose Bruce is destined to end up with Betty. I'm assuming he'll be back to Bruce by She-Hulk.. instead of an Animated Smart Hulk on a TV budget :hehe:

It's unfortunate that Natasha had such a tragic end, but considering her dark past and those she's killed..it seems rather fitting. Like the way Jack Bauer ended up in the Russian prison. Those who live by the sword.

What a refreshing take glad it hit different for you.

What a refreshing take glad it hit different for you.

Is it really that refreshing? She made a big splash with general movie-going audiences during her earlier appearances.

Natasha wasn't really a divisive character. The only element that generated some controversy was the 'I can't have babies' stuff in AOU. However, any backlash to that was really minor and inconsequential.
I wouldn't be surprised if they followed up with that plotpoint in this Black Widow film.

Which MCU film has the lowest RT score?

Thor into Darkness

Is it really that refreshing? She made a big splash with general movie-going audiences during her earlier appearances.

Natasha wasn't really a divisive character. The only element that generated some controversy was the 'I can't have babies' stuff in AOU. However, any backlash to that was really minor and inconsequential.
I wouldn't be surprised if they followed up with that plotpoint in this Black Widow film.

Thor into Darkness
That's an interesting way of putting it, Thor The Dark World?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"