Black Widow's Rotten Tomatoes Thread

Actually the Age of Ultron thing that has not aged well imo is the Zucchini line lmao

That's still pretty funny haha. Kids probably had questions.

Much better critic reception than I thought, as long as it holds up without plummeting a la WW2.

Something suspicious went on with WW84. I suspect (and studios have been known to do this) that they handpicked critics for early screeners who would be more favorable to the film.

That way it could open larger with a lot of positive buzz.

Much better critic reception than I thought, as long as it holds up without plummeting a la WW2.
Rather curious to see if that score stays when the next wave of reviews are aggregated. It most likely stays in the fresh zone, but you never know.

I think that it will continue to do well.
WW84 had tonal shifts that this film appears to lack.

Something suspicious went on with WW84. I suspect (and studios have been known to do this) that they handpicked critics for early screeners who would be more favorable to the film.

That way it could open larger with a lot of positive buzz.
That's always the case. It's why we get such glaring social media reactions to the new MCU movies. They give the early screeners to those who will be interviewing the cast and crew for the junket and they're more likely to be fans and excited about seeing it early.

That's always the case. It's why we get such glaring social media reactions to the new MCU movies. They give the early screeners to those who will be interviewing the cast and crew for the junket and they're more likely to be fans and excited about seeing it early.

Only difference is the MCU films tend to maintain their high scores once the other critics submit their reviews.

Chris Stuckmann just posted a review. We shall see how many more are added today.

Chris Stuckmann just posted a review. We shall see how many more are added today.
There's been a good amount added today already. There could still be close to three to four hundred reviews added though. It's only at 118 and Spider-Man: Far From Home has somewhere in the 400 range.

There's been a good amount added today already. There could still be close to three to four hundred reviews added though. It's only at 118 and Spider-Man: Far From Home has somewhere in the 400 range.
Captain Marvel and Endgame have over 500 so we're nowhere close to being done.

If No Way Home or Shang-Chi manages to get fresh ratings, I think the only way a Marvel Studios movie gets a rotten score is when Feige leaves Marvel and doesn’t appoint a good successor, lol. It almost feels impossible for an MCU movie to get bad reviews at this point. It looks like it’ll never happen as long as Feige is the Captain of the ship. Say what you will about Marvel but it’s kind of amazing they have so many movies with none of them rotten. The only studio that’s comparable to Marvel is Pixar and even they whiffed with Cars 2(which is rotten on RT).

Seems like to me Wonder Woman 1984 was just a polarizing movie in general. And sometimes movies can be like that. The original Wonder Woman was good but kind of blew past expectations in light of past DCEU films.

I think Black Widow is generally good. Well directed, well shot. Great first act. Florence Pugh I think is a real breakout star, but it has its lesser points. But for 2 hours and 15 minutes, I was generally entertained and happy to be seeing a big movie like this on the big screen again.

Is the timing of the film's release iffy? Yes. It really should've been done during Phase 3. The plot makes that really evident.

I think people get too worked up over reviews and RT scores. I still to this day think Iron Man 2 gets a bad rap and I still find it to be a better film than Iron Man 3. Not to say Iron Man 2 is a perfect movie or anything, but it was still a solid sequel that simply wasn't as good as the original. But that's just my view of it. Some people still like Iron Man 3 and what was done with the Mandarin.

Seems like to me Wonder Woman 1984 was just a polarizing movie in general. And sometimes movies can be like that. The original Wonder Woman was good but kind of blew past expectations in light of past DCEU films.

I think Black Widow is generally good. Well directed, well shot. Great first act. Florence Pugh I think is a real breakout star, but it has its lesser points. But for 2 hours and 15 minutes, I was generally entertained and happy to be seeing a big movie like this on the big screen again.

Is the timing of the film's release iffy? Yes. It really should've been done during Phase 3. The plot makes that really evident.

I think people get too worked up over reviews and RT scores. I still to this day think Iron Man 2 gets a bad rap and I still find it to be a better film than Iron Man 3. Not to say Iron Man 2 is a perfect movie or anything, but it was still a solid sequel that simply wasn't as good as the original. But that's just my view of it. Some people still like Iron Man 3 and what was done with the Mandarin.
Over The years, I have Warmed Up to IM 2, a bit.
There is a lot to like about IM 3.
But, where that film really stands out is with its visuals.
Iron Man (2008) remains my favorite of the series.
Oh and as far as Black Widow goes, generally good?
I can live with that!

I think it staying in the 80s now is a good bet. Might even stay in the mid 80's

We all know certified fresh can come and go (ahem….) the true test will be after the movie is released and most blogger critics who have no access to early screening have seen it.

I think it will end up low 80s.

I definitely prefer Iron Man 2 over Iron Man 3 (not to say that I didn’t enjoy IM 3). I was just overall entertained by IM 2 despite whatever faults it has compared to the first Iron Man. I still think Justin Hammer is one of the most entertaining MCU villains even today. I would love to see Sam Rockwell return in some capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"