• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BOX OFFICE Discussion

Fox got the rights?Well i can guess they will keep it,until time forces them to give it up or something like that.I say a SS movie would be made,i think people are tired of the FF.Did Marvel give Fox the rights to the film if the first movie was not that good?If so,i think Fox as the rights then as a result.

I said the movie was bad,who else?A few million others?Who liked it?A few thousand others.Numbers don't lie.:woot:

I agree, many didn't like the movie.....but your statement is just silly.

There were not a few million others who said the movie was bad but even if there was...so what. There's 5+ billion people on the planet. There's enough room for studios to make movies for all of us. You're not expected to like everything.

There is taste for everything. I really mean everything :woot: .

But he is right: the movie was pretty bad. One or two good things cannot save it from mediocrity.

I don't think we will hear anything about FF3 till possbily after the SS movie. It definately isn't a FOX priority like FF2 was.

Honestly I don't think FF2 was a priority for Fox. FF 1 was, and that was shown in the promotion.....FF2 in my opinion was simply a really cool trailer for the SS movie. Once the movie came out, Fox dropped it......the promotion of the DVD in ratio to the promotion of the movie was much better IMO......

Unfortually I agree with both of you. FF 2 was 1 big trailer for the standalone SS movie. On the DVD cover who is promintly displayed ? The FF ? Fat chance.

Agreed...they were always pushing the Surfer, and it is no wonder FOX is dedicating most of their time to his movie (as far as comic movies go). I would like to see FF3, but I definately see it as being a 3+ year delay between films...and I think 3 year wait is optimistic.

^ There's 2. Only 999,998 more to hit 1 million who thought it was bad.

Based on this reasoning where are the 999,998 who thought this movie was good? Furthermore, where are the 499,999,998 people who thought this movie was good?

Both arguments are stupid......thats the only fact in that debate...move on.

Agreed...they were always pushing the Surfer, and it is no wonder FOX is dedicating most of their time to his movie (as far as comic movies go). I would like to see FF3, but I definately see it as being a 3+ year delaye between films...and I think 3 year wait is optimistic.

I agree. I have said all along 2010 for FF 3 at the earliest. I wounder if they have a script for the Surfer movie in. Even if they have a script, during the strike it can't be edited. They would have to go with it as written. Could be why there has been no anouncement. If this strike lasts 6 months like the last, who knows. Now I see the stagehands at the theaters in NY have gone on strike.

I agree. I have said all along 2010 for FF 3 at the earliest. I wounder if they have a script for the Surfer movie in. With the writers on strike, and now the stagehands, who knows. Even if they have a script, during the strike it can't be edited. They would have to go with it as written. Could be why there has been no anouncement.

Not enough for Gruffudd to grow some real white hair near the temples.

I agree. I have said all along 2010 for FF 3 at the earliest. I wounder if they have a script for the Surfer movie in. Even if they have a script, during the strike it can't be edited. They would have to go with it as written. Could be why there has been no anouncement. If this strike lasts 6 months like the last, who knows. Now I see the stagehands at the theaters in NY have gone on strike.

Agreed. FF3 in 2010 or later. Maybe closer to around when AD said the contract would expire on the rights (forgot when he said that was or if the SS movie fulfilled the requirements to extend the rights...I know it counts toward FF movies, but I am not sure if the contract entailed 3 or 4 movies).

I think JMS turned in the script a while back and they were searching for a director. Don't remember where I read that, but I do remember reading that around the time people thought Proyas might be doing the movie (though he vowed to never work for FOX again).

The strike can definately do some damage to movies like SS, so I hope they resolve it fairly quick, but who knows.

I believe they have to do 4 movies by 2012....could be wrong, but I think thats what I read. The primary 4 are signed to a 3 movie with a 4th deal option. I have a feeling all we will get, even if this, with the 4 actors involved will be 3 movies. I don't see Alba or Evans taking the 4th movie option.

Yeah, I don't see a 4th happening. If that is how it works, then FF3 will be out sometime betweem 2010 and 2012, but just to keep the rights going. That gives me the feeling it may be a very rushed movie. I don't want to think that, but this is FOX we are talking about.

Agreed. FF3 in 2010 or later. Maybe closer to around when AD said the contract would expire on the rights (forgot when he said that was or if the SS movie fulfilled the requirements to extend the rights...I know it counts toward FF movies, but I am not sure if the contract entailed 3 or 4 movies).

I think JMS turned in the script a while back and they were searching for a director. Don't remember where I read that, but I do remember reading that around the time people thought Proyas might be doing the movie (though he vowed to never work for FOX again).

The strike can definately do some damage to movies like SS, so I hope they resolve it fairly quick, but who knows.

I actually think there is a fairly good chance we wont get either an SS movie (NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) or an FF3(meh, not that bothered), as i found the other day, literally by accident, that FF2 actually made less domestic than Hulk did :wow: .

And I am surprised it made that much. FF movies are in the Hall of Shame.

I actually think there is a fairly good chance we wont get either an SS movie (NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) or an FF3(meh, not that bothered), as i found the other day, literally by accident, that FF2 actually made less domestic than Hulk did :wow: .

Seriously? But didn't Hulk also have a better opening weekend? I know they had similar drops.

And I think that both are gonna happen cause I don't think FOX will want to lose the rights, so they will invest in them, but the SS movie will be a higher priority to FOX, so it will come first.

Seriously? But didn't Hulk also have a better opening weekend? I know they had similar drops.

And I think that both are gonna happen cause I don't think FOX will want to lose the rights, so they will invest in them, but the SS movie will be a higher priority to FOX, so it will come first.

Yeah, its only about a million less, but its still less which isnt the best take at all. Hulk's budget was only $7 million more as well.

I'll put it simply since I saw your message quoted by someone else.

Fox will not give up the Fantastic Four rights so we will see another form of a Fantastic Four movie or spin-off within 3 years on the screen. Nothing would make me happier than Fox giving up the rights though...however the franchise is making them more profit than anything they've ever had besides X-Men from theatrical revenue.

I'll put it simply since I saw your message quoted by someone else.

Fox will not give up the Fantastic Four rights so we will see another form of a Fantastic Four movie or spin-off within 3 years on the screen. Nothing would make me happier than Fox giving up the rights though...however the franchise is making them more profit than anything they've ever had besides X-Men from theatrical revenue.

You can put it as simply as you want, but, a dissapointing take is a dissapointing take.

Worldwide total has not changed much. It's now $288,186,055 but that will more than likely change when the movie is finally:-)wow: ) released in China this week (Nov 30).
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=fantasticfour2.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=fantasticfour2.htm

The dvd sales are up now up to $41,750,514
http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2007/FOUR2_dvd.php

DVD/Video Rentals are up to $35.64 million.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=homevideo&id=fantasticfour2.htm

I think rental and sales figures are seperate. Not 100% sure though.:o

Well nothing new to report. $ 288.3 million WW with overseas #'s thru the 26th. I don't see China listed on the overseas figures anymore. Mabey they decided to drop China. However was looking at how long FF 2 was in theaters compaired with FF. FF was in theaters 25 weeks. FF 2 18 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"