Brave and the Bold Casting Thread

Possibly the last person they should hire out of the known names that fans tend to throw out there for Batman. Him and Ackles alike. They just don't have the leading man gravitas imo. Especially for a role like Batman, and Bruce even more so.

Possibly the last person they should hire out of the known names that fans tend to throw out there for Batman. Him and Ackles alike. They just don't have the leading man gravitas imo. Especially for a role like Batman, and Bruce even more so.
I agree, but I'd happily take Ackles over Ritchson any day of the week. Ackles isn't a conventionally great actor but there is a certain quality he has that is kinda special whereas Ritchson could easily be replaced on screen by four to six honey roasted hams piled atop each other in the vague outline of a human. I'd love to see Ackles as another big character, just not sure who.

I agree, but I'd happily take Ackles over Ritchson any day of the week. Ackles isn't a conventionally great actor but there is a certain quality he has that is kinda special whereas Ritchson could easily be replaced on screen by four to six honey roasted hams piled atop each other in the vague outline of a human. I'd love to see Ackles as another big character, just not sure who.
Between Ritchson publically campaigning on every press tour in ways that continue to be more and more embarrassing, and Ackles playing dumb by responding to a tweet of an AI image of him as Batman, I like to think they both already signed their "never getting this role" certificates.

It's like, come on lol

Well, they were probably not getting the roles regardless because something about both of them for Batman seems extremely off to me regarding Gunn's castings so far in a way. They're both the type of actors I can see in the DCU, but I have a hard time imagining Gunn getting excited over the prospect of either as Batman.

Between Ritchson publically campaigning on every press tour in ways that continue to be more and more embarrassing, and Ackles playing dumb by responding to a tweet of an AI image of him as Batman, I like to think they both already signed their "never getting this role" certificates.

It's like, come on lol

Well, they were probably not getting the roles regardless because something about both of them for Batman seems extremely off to me regarding Gunn's castings so far in a way. They're both the type of actors I can see in the DCU, but I have a hard time imagining Gunn getting excited over the prospect of either as Batman.

I don't think they're very far off from the kind of casting Gunn is doing for Superman which is ultra B List by the standards of modern blockbusters or CBMs in general. However, I also don't think they'd really be the kinds of actors he'd look at for Batman either because they're actually... not very Batman-y choices? Ritchson is a generic roid head macho doofus and for as good a job as Ackles did with Batman's voice he really doesn't have the right vibe to him and as much as I like him he doesn't really have the range to fake it.

I don't think they're very far off from the kind of casting Gunn is doing for Superman which is ultra B List by the standards of modern blockbusters or CBMs in general. However, I also don't think they'd really be the kinds of actors he'd look at for Batman either because they're actually... not very Batman-y choices? Ritchson is a generic roid head macho doofus and for as good a job as Ackles did with Batman's voice he really doesn't have the right vibe to him and as much as I like him he doesn't really have the range to fake it.
Yeah I think both of them are very very likely to get into the DCU somehow eventually, especially with the plethora of C-lister character Gunn adds out of nowhere (Maybe Ackles could play Grifter?) but despite them being popular for mainly aesthetic reasons there is an inherent awkwardness towards imagining either of them actually performing and delivering lines in this role. (Well with Ackles you don't even have to imagine it. We've heard it. His Batman performance has extremely obvious blindspots that'd only become worse in live action, I think) An awkwardness that isn't really present when imagining Corenswet, Rachel, Skyler, and even Hoult taking into account his take on Lex is probably gonna take more from Rosenbaum than anything else.

Sure, I can agree w that about Ackles. I almost went back and added that I'd easily take him over Ritchson if I had to choose but got caught up w something.

Literally laughed out loud at the bolded bit tho. Good god.

Ackles isn't a conventionally great actor but there is a certain quality he has that is kinda special whereas Ritchson could easily be replaced on screen by four to six honey roasted hams piled atop each other in the vague outline of a human.
Oh how I love your viciousness when it’s not aimed at someone I like. :funny:

Does Hugh have a reputation for being a drama queen on set? Not saying he doesn’t; just never heard anything bad about him, really (aside from the whole cheating on Liz Hurley with a sex worker thing in the 90s).
Never thought of Hugh Grant as Alfred but he definitely would make a great Alfred

Seeing Monkey Man today made me wish so hard they’d kill Bruce after a movie and give me Dev Patel as Dick Grayson Batman. Perfect casting.

That would also rule very hard. One of my dream never gonna happen DC projects would be a Green Arrow/Green Lantern show based.
Never say never tbh Especially since, at least from the looks of things, the DCU seems to be focusing more on individual team ups and crossovers of that nature than the big mega crossovers, at least initially.

Why couldn't they get him for BvS instead of The Hobbit... On second thought.
It is wild looking back how over the place the list for the Snyder Batman was. For whatever reason they had Ryan Gosling on that list, even tho he made zero sense for Snyder's DKR inspired take. Matthias Schoenarts was Snyder's second choice too, which is a good choice but also pretty out of nowhere and also didn't make sense considering the DKR inspired take they were going for.

Never say never tbh Especially since, at least from the looks of things, the DCU seems to be focusing more on individual team ups and crossovers of that nature than the big mega crossovers, at least initially.

It is wild looking back how over the place the list for the Snyder Batman was. For whatever reason they had Ryan Gosling on that list, even tho he made zero sense for Snyder's DKR inspired take. Matthias Schoenarts was Snyder's second choice too, which is a good choice but also pretty out of nowhere and also didn't make sense considering the DKR inspired take they were going for.
Matthias is ****ing inspired casting lmao. I’ll always have a really big soft spot for Ben though, he never got to be in a movie I like but there’s a vibe to him and something so deeply meta about his performances during his tenure that I’ll always enjoy them. The fact he’s Ben Affleck intentionally or not feels like a huge part of the meta text in the DCEU.

Matthias would have been a great Batman, but I'm grateful he was spared that iteration.

Matthias is ****ing inspired casting lmao. I’ll always have a really big soft spot for Ben though, he never got to be in a movie I like but there’s a vibe to him and something so deeply meta about his performances during his tenure that I’ll always enjoy them. The fact he’s Ben Affleck intentionally or not feels like a huge part of the meta text in the DCEU.

It is kinda funny seeing him explain why he didn't take the role. He never says it outright but it sounds more like he really disliked Snyder's pitch lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"