• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS BvS: Early Tweet Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a "Serious Superhero movie"??? So far from WB it means that all the shots are really dark with low saturation and everyone has tattoos to show that they're "Edgy".

:whatever: Had you added some combination of the terms grimdark, 90s, kewl, and dudebro, your post would've at least been somewhat entertaining.

Watch the BvS section on the latest Collider Heroes video and you'll find one of those people. She slams DC's tone and in the very next segment goes on to praise DareDevil. -_-

Yeah I noticed that girl on heroes. That was odd she seems really nice but it was odd how she was like "I like shiny, happier stories so I'm hesitant for a dark DC world" only to immediately gush over a dark Daredevil.

I've never understood the DC is dark thing. I only ever think. Well... Yeah. It makes sense.

Any critic that brings more than a bit of their personal opinion into their critique doesn't deserve to be listened to. Then their opinions have no more or less merit than any random fanboy or devout detractor.

This makes such little sense. What do you think the habit of reading reviews revolves around. Folks go to their critics of choice precisely because of their standards, and because they manage to make you understand them, regardless of whether or not you share them. The act of agreeing or not exists outside of that. There is no reason for anyone, professional critics included, to approve/disapprove of anything other than how it adjusts to their personal opinion. What exactly would you be listening to, then? Maybe you meant to phrase that differently?

Mate i honestly wish i could do that, if it wasn't for everyday sites like google and the news sites promoting the hell out of rotten tomatoes on a daily basis.

Anytime anyone talks about a film and its reviews they instantly refer to rotten tomatoes as the ultimate go to site for film reviews, turned into small bite size information for the GA to easily understand whether or not a film is good depending on whether it's fresh or rotten.

Hell even google Man of Steel right ow and one of the first things folks see is its rotten tomatoes view on the right of the screening.

That's essentially the biggest problem with rotten tomatoes, it's too promoted as the best place to go to for reviews, its popularity and usage dwarfs any other aggregated review sites by a lot.
If you want to use site like RT to make a point, just use a sample of crictics' score --most of which were deemed fresh, there were more fresh than rotten (161/128) and the audience gave it a score of 78%.

Welp.

Joanna Robinson ‏@jowrotethis 1h1 hour ago
Having seen all of Zack Snyder's previous films makes me MORE than qualified to pre-judge BATMAN V SUPERMAN. Thank you very much.

Welp.

Having seen all of Zack Snyder's previous films makes me MORE than qualified to pre-judge BATMAN V SUPERMAN. Thank you very much.

wut?

Welp.

She's not seen the movie, she is saying she has made up her mind to pre-judge the movie already. Same person who wrote that she hates Snyder roughly a year ago.

She's not seen the movie, she is saying she has made up her mind to pre-judge the movie already. Same person who wrote that she hates Snyder roughly a year ago.

Is she a critic?

Welp.

The logic is strong on this one.

There are others like her. Stop asking us to pretend like there aren't a bunch of morons with a microphone who want this movie to fail.

Having read this whole tweet makes me more than qualified to not give a **** about her opinion. Like at all.

Welp.

And this, ladies and gentleman, illustrates why some people think there's undue bias against this film from people in the industry even though it hasn't even been released or necessarily seen by them.

Has anyone ever tweeted something similar about another director besides possibly Michael Bay?

Having read this whole tweet makes me more than qualified to not give a **** about her opinion. Like at all.

Yup, but there are more like her that will have a say on da score.

Hopefully they are the minority this time.

Welp.

No offense but why even post/pay attention/follow someone like this?

It's so pointless.

This makes such little sense. What do you think the habit of reading reviews revolves around. Folks go to their critics of choice precisely because of their standards, and because they manage to make you understand them, regardless of whether or not you share them. The act of agreeing or not exists outside of that. There is no reason for anyone, professional critics included, to approve/disapprove of anything other than how it adjusts to their personal opinion. What exactly would you be listening to, then? Maybe you meant to phrase that differently?

Perhaps, yeah. My line of reasoning was primarily aimed at non-film related extraneous information that may color a critic's perspective. I only saw your response after I'd responded to the quoted tweet from someone that appears to be a journalist. That logic and rationale is precisely what I meant when I said someone's personal opinion coloring their critique too much.

You are correct, though, I needed to provide much more clarification. I'd say outside of the technical, film making aspects of a movie the critics should try and stave off the temptation to weigh in with their personal taste or preference too much. I'd say it's even more important in the CBM realm because there is this marked bipartisan dynamic to Marvel/DC's properties.

I can't help but look at someone like the person referred to above and think her opinion deserves to be ignored because it's clear that she's going into the movie with a distinct bias unrelated to whether or not the movie was executed and done well. If a critic believes the tone is too dark, they can mention it, but if they're giving a well-directed, well-acted movie with a solid screenplay 5/10 because it's too dark I've got to ask myself if their opinion is worth listening to.

As a disclaimer, I'm not saying BvS necessarily has all those things, although it seems likely that it has some of it from what we've seen.

That guy also didn't like the Marvel movies.

Maybe he just doesn't like things. Some people are much harder to please in regards to movies. That's not a jab at him but people's minds are very different.

This guy didnt like Man of Steel either & seems to be a Zach hater.. I could careless about his opinion ..

Guys, I've been saying this all along but this movie is going to be just like MoS..and Watchmen...and 300. You either really dig this style of film ( like me and many of you) or you hate it. I think that reviewer from EW really hit the nail on the head with his review. In general, I think there will be more palatable elements in this film for general audiences than MoS (Ben Affleck's Batman, Eisenberg, Irons, Wonder woman) but i do not think this movie is going to convert people who are opposed to Zack Snyder's type of stylized filmaking. And honestly, Im completely ok with that as long as it makes enough money to keep him onboard for Justice League because man oh man do I wanna see Zack's JL so freaking bad.

Who is that? I honestly don't know.

Looking at his feed, he admits to not liking MoS, and criticizes TFA as well.

This is the problem with this forum, a lot of people are going to give waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too much airtime to people who are walking into BvS with a fully formed opinion irrespective of what they see in the theater.

I'd urge everybody to stop posting tweets about what some yahoo is saying about the movie, positive or negative. Most of them are either diehard fanboys that will overhype the positives, or absolute Snyder/DC detractors that will tear it down even if it is as good as BB/TDK/Avengers/TWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"