Can we call out European Cowardice?

I don't defend any riot. Theo van Gogh wasn't killed by an entire community, just by a lone nutcase. As for the protests, I have no problem if people protest. It's not like people of a particular ethnicity or skin color don't have that right.

I don't defend any riot. Theo van Gogh wasn't killed by an entire community, just by a lone nutcase. As for the protests, I have no problem if people protest. It's not like people of a particular ethnicity or skin color don't have that right.

Its not the protests that are the problem, its what they are protesting. When you have protests that call for death or destruction rather then just social change and almost always seem to verge on violence, it causes problems.

Read this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ests-are-incitement-to-murder-say-Tories.html and tell me if these protests aren't the kind of thing that would increase tensions between Muslim immigrants and the rest of the UK.

Last edited:
fweedoms? How quaint. Your powers of argument are truly staggering.

In response to your objections, you don't see these populations following this path because :
1 - these populations are not significant enough in numbers to have the effect
2 - these populations are, generally speaking, enclaves interested only in themselves and not exporting their ideology to the community as a whole

The same cannot be said of the hypothetical population under discussion. By nature it is a politically active community with the goal of reshaping their environment to suite their view. (ex. proliferation of underground sharia courts in England)

You may decry this all you want but when you do so you show your ignorance of US history. (This has already happen here on the local scale in Missouri. The end result was an armed uprising of the general population which drove the religious zealots west.) And those ignorant of history, and thus having not learned from it, are oft times doomed to repeat it.

Of course to this point I've ignored the effect of population dynamics on the electorate to make the construct a little simpler. But the birth-rate of Muslims in Europe is something like 3x the birth-rate of non-Muslims. It really just a matter of time until they flex their political muscle. Barring some weird catastrophe it will happen; it's just a matter of how long it will take.

But feel free to deny it all you want. It'll be a while before they come to political power in Memphis and ban pork BBQ since it isn't halal. We'll probably be long gone from this earth by then but, if not, it will finally directly affect you (assuming you enjoy the very tasty pork BBQ they have in Memphis) and you can final recognize the threat.

Darn, now I've made myself want some good pulled pork and there really isn't a good place to get any near my place of employment. I am disheartened........ and hungry. Never a good combination.

Last edited:
Are the thoughts they expressed in that protest their everyday thoughts, or is it just their thoughts when something really offends them?

I don't know what my thoughts would be if something offends me, since I have yet to be offended by anything

Are the thoughts they expressed in that protest their everyday thoughts, or is it just their thoughts when something really offends them?

I don't know what my thoughts would be if something offends me, since I have yet to be offended by anything

Offense does not justify death threats, there is no right not be offended and that doesn't trump the free speech rights of the newspaper in denmark who made those cartoons.

When a community seems that easily offended and wlling to engage in such actions over such a minor thing, it causes tensions with the rest of society.

In response to your objections, you don't see these populations following this path because :
2 - these populations are, generally speaking, enclaves interested only in themselves and not exporting their ideology to the community as a whole

The same cannot be said of the hypothetical population under discussion. By nature it is a politically active community with the goal of reshaping their environment to suite their view. (ex. proliferation of underground sharia courts in England)

You may decry this all you want but when you do so you show your ignorance of US history. (This has already happen here on the local scale in Missouri. The end result was an armed uprising of the general population which drove the religious zealots west.) And those ignorant of history, and thus having not learned from it, are oft times doomed to repeat it.

Of course to this point I've ignored the effect of population dynamics on the electorate to make the construct a little simpler. But the birth-rate of Muslims in Europe is something like 3x the birth-rate of non-Muslims. It really just a matter of time until they flex their political muscle. Barring some weird catastrophe it will happen; it's just a matter of how long it will take.

But feel free to deny it all you want. It'll be a while before they come to political power in Memphis and ban pork BBQ since it isn't halal. We'll probably be long gone from this earth by then but, if not, it will finally directly affect you (assuming you enjoy the very tasty pork BBQ they have in Memphis) and you can final recognize the threat.

Darn, now I've made myself want some good pulled pork and there really isn't a good place to get any near my place of employment. I am disheartened........ and hungry. Never a good combination.

I think you are being a tad paranoid, its not like there is a massive radicalized Mulsim population in America.

There are muslims in Memphis, and none of them have tried to take over, or close the BBQ restaurants, or have the BBQ contest canceled.

the hardline of Islam believe that the whole world should be under their faith and everyone who isn't should pay a headtax and either convert or be put to death

the hardline of Islam believe that the whole world should be under their faith and everyone who isn't should pay a headtax and either convert or be put to death

Yes, but again, I don't think there is a massive radicalized Muslim population in America.

Offense does not justify death threats, there is no right not be offended and that doesn't trump the free speech rights of the newspaper in denmark who made those cartoons.

When a community seems that easily offended and wlling to engage in such actions over such a minor thing, it causes tensions with the rest of society.

I think you are being a tad paranoid, its not like there is a massive radicalized Mulsim population in America.

You mistake the meaning of the post. The part about Memphis was a through away line to try and drive the point home - obviously I gave some of you too much credit. The point of the post was you cannot ignore the political power of the blossoming Muslim immigrant community in Europe. No, America isn't under under immediate threat from politically active Muslims, insomuch as a silent coup, and probably never will be at least in my lifetime if in fact ever. (hmmmm, seems like that might have been alluded to in the original post) But the political landscape is shifting in Europe and as we all know the rank and file don't set the course of politics, it's generally the vocal minority of those in power. As an example let's pick a country, say, Mauritania. It's an Islamic Repuoblic (or at least was uintil recently) but it's illegal to trade (buy, sell, or give away) Bibles in that country. Most of the population could probably care less, but the squeaky wheels who scream and shout "there is only one god, allah and mohammed is is prohpet" got the greasin' to the detriment of freedom.

And good luck gettin' a pulled pork sammich with coleslaw on the bun there!

Last edited:
riiiiight, because anyone who is muslim is a terrorist. I guess you think that if you go to sleep tonight praying to jesus, you'll wake up tomorrow praying to allah, simply because some people from the middle east moved to your town.

Where did I say that all Muslim's are terrorists? You don't have to be a terrorists to take control of a country. I'm from Miami, I've seen what an influx of immigrants can and will do to the infrastructure of a community.

I pray to neither nor God (if i was Jewish).

To me, this entire phobia of people from the middle east is no different than the ignorant view that prevailed in the south after the civil war (and also in the north for a while) that the former slaves would take power away from the white folk and so they had to be kept down. None of those fears were ever realized when the Jim Crow laws were finally repealed, nor have white folk been kept down since the Civil Rights Movement.

It's also the same ignorance that prevailed over the influx of various ethnic groups to this nation, despite those in this country failing to forget that they were the descendants of immigrants.

Yeah, you're right. It never happened. There's no such thing as the state of Utah.

There is a strong sense of racism in this country against Muslims and anyone of middle eastern heritage.

It's sickening to see this kind of **** go on in this country. Really makes me sick.

To me, this entire phobia of people from the middle east is no different than the ignorant view that prevailed in the south after the civil war (and also in the north for a while) that the former slaves would take power away from the white folk and so they had to be kept down. None of those fears were ever realized when the Jim Crow laws were finally repealed, nor have white folk been kept down since the Civil Rights Movement.

It's also the same ignorance that prevailed over the influx of various ethnic groups to this nation, despite those in this country failing to forget that they were the descendants of immigrants.

Then we should all be greatful that the Native Americans of North, Central and South America shared your view when we (the European agressors) first arrived to the new land and not mine, when it was too late for them.

And I never said that didn't happen. What didn't happen was the fears of scared white people in the south being realized, or the fears of scared Americans when there was an influx of Irish, Chinese, Italian, German, Japanese, and other ethnic groups in the 19th and early 20th century being realized.

****ing christ, does anybody know how to read?

Cool down the tone, Addendum.

To the OP;

America= A country which possesses a vast landscape, unlimited military resources, a huge population, a military highly experienced in War and a country that perhaps possesses detailed intelligence on their enemies.

Ireland= A country whose landscape barely registers on the map, limited military resources, a small population, an inexperienced military and a country not well placed in organising intelligence.

We have always been 'officially' neutral because if we aggressively take sides, we'd be one of the first countries to get blitzed in any potential war. Why? Because we are one of the easiest targets due to the reasons I outlined above. The same goes for plenty of other countries within Europe.

It is not cowardice.

To the OP;

America= A country which possesses a vast landscape, unlimited military resources, a huge population, a military highly experienced in War and a country that perhaps possesses detailed intelligence on their enemies.

Ireland= A country whose landscape barely registers on the map, limited military resources, a small population, an inexperienced military and a country not well placed in organising intelligence.

We have always been 'officially' neutral because if we aggressively take sides, we'd be one of the first countries to get blitzed in any potential war. Why? Because we are one of the easiest targets due to the reasons I outlined above. The same goes for plenty of other countries within Europe.

It is not cowardice.

When bashing Europe I am referring more to France, Germany and Spain more than countries like Denmark and Ireland.

So the scared white people of the south didn't fear equal rights for the blacks and interracial marriage? Well I'm glad tho.se never happened. :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure they didn't fear affirmative action either.

It's better to see the future at what happened in the past than what didn't happen. It's not paranoid, if there's plenty of history to back it up. One thing we humans are is consistant.

I said that their fears were that if the former slaves got power, that they (the white people) would lose power. Guess what? It never happened. Here in Memphis, there are black people in positions of authority AND there are white people in positions of authority. So, the white people haven't lost anything. Thus, those fears were not realized.

And inter-racial marriages had ZERO effect on the marriages where both shared the same skin color. And if inter-racial marriage had an effect on their marriages, then that only shows that their marriage wasn't that strong to begin with.

Last edited:
They feared Blacks having any power, not just the loss of their own. So their fears were realized. And these fears were realized long before the cival rights movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Americans_in_the_United_States_Congress

"On February 25, 1870, Hiram Rhodes Revels became the first black member of the Senate and thereby also the first black member of the Congress.

Blacks were a majority of the population in many congressional districts across the South. In 1870, Joseph Rainey of South Carolina became the first black member of the United States House of Representatives and thereby the first directly elected black member of Congress. Blacks were also elected from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and Virginia."

It's not paranoia when you see it happening.

I don't know if the comparison is truly valid. Blacks acculturated (perhaps because their African cultures had been stamped out to large degree and there was a void to fill). Muslim populations in Europe seem loathe to do so. Again I cite the emergence of sharia courts in England. This is not an example of adopting the culture of your new homeland. This is an example of turning the new place into the old place (and spoiling everybody's fun).

It's just plain ignorance, and merits derision

There's plenty of lost civilizations who probably disagree.

I should point out that I don't agree with those ideas of the southern white man during the 18 and 19 hundreds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"