Civil War Captain America: Civil War - Early Tweet Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were Age of Ultron social media reactions allowed out this early? I can't quite remember.

We also do have the reporting that the film was testing a couple months ago, and scoring as well or better than Winter Soldier, apparently the Marvel film that has tested higher than any to date.

I'm hoping this super early embargo drop means they're trying to build good buzz four weeks before release because they are dead certain they have a winner.

Social media reactions were allowed after the premiere, so yes as early but reviews were embargoed for about another week - as were The Avengers and TWS. This (April 14th) is by far the earliest the review embargo has been lifted for a Marvel movie.

I also read 2 years ago that ASM 2 was the Dark Knight of the Spider-man franchise. Yeah, didn't turn out to be this way in the end....

The only person I remember saying that was someone who lied about going to early screenings.

Lifting the embargo a month before the movie is released after WB embargoed BvS up until 3 days before the release is such a power move. They are figuratively rubbing their nuts on WB's face.

They're really not lol. Marvel did the same with Winter Soldier which had reactions from the press and sites 2 weeks before the UK release and 3 weeks before the U.S. release. They're going slightly earlier with Civil War.

You'd think AoU was terrible the way some people talk about it lol, I actually enjoy it more than Avengers.

Not even worried. The trailers have blown me away, even the fan made ones have given me chills. This is gonna be amazing.

Campea posted this two hours ago, they're all deep into the film now, expect reactions to come soon.

CfkRIi_UUAAEpcI.jpg

Oh, man. I trust Feige and the Russo's. But I can't help but be a little nervous after BvS. I never expected it to be THAT bad. My main man Spidey is making his MCU debut in this, as is BP. And I'm a big Captain America fan too. So I'm wanting this to be great.

Aaah! Wanna hear stuff. Save the year, Cap.

Critics' issues I can see is how Spiderman is received (actor fit the role, does a good job, etc) and how he is used in the movie. I can see critics thinking he wasn't necessary. Another critical issue might be too many characters and most get wasted.

Don't be nervous guys. There's no reason Disney would take a risk like this if they thought the movie wouldn't be well received. They could hold reviews for a few more weeks and nothing would be out of the ordinary.

If this film turns out to be great...I just realised that the cap movie franchise could likely end up being the bet superhero trilogy ever.

Critics' issues I can see is how Spiderman is received (actor fit the role, does a good job, etc) and how he is used in the movie. I can see critics thinking he wasn't necessary. Another critical issue might be too many characters and most get wasted.

Boy I hope not. I want people to love this Spider-Man. I want to love this Spider-Man.

even if this flick has problems, they are certainly not gonna be raised in early twitter reactions.

Let's not compare AoU to BvS. It wasn't THAT much of a disappointment.

Speak for yourself. BvS and AOU disappointed me equally for different reasons. BvS was a hot mess. AOU was just a boring slog that ended with another massive generic cgi army attacking a city.

Well, AOU was and is considered better received by critics and audiences in general and Box office. AoU isn't on the same level as BvS going by most facts we can point to.

Everything always has to come to a DC vs marvel conversation. Horse being beaten to death. There is a BvS forum folks.

And I think, if, say, AOU was released this week, coming two weeks after BvS, it would probably get no worse than 85% on Rotten Tomatoes, just due to the source of comparison fresh in critics' minds.

I'm sure that same effect is going to also benefit CW, and may be a small part of the thinking for the early embargo drop.

I'd imagine that the film should be over shortly or has finished, considering the screening was starting between 7 and 8 PM and it's rumored to be just over 2.5 hours.

It seems he's the lone mouse willing to jump the embargo (or didn't realize it hadn't hit yet).

Patiently awaiting John Campea, Mike Ryan's reax.

Already saw a potential spoiler, but have no clue if legit. Anyways, if you've read the CW comic, you could possibly know what said spoiler is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"