Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to time zone differences, I'll probably be able to just wake up Tuesday morning and see it already online. Can't wait.

Have they even completed principal filming yet? This seems pretty early to be getting the teaser, no?

No complaints here though. :) Can't wait.

Have they even completed principal filming yet? This seems pretty early to be getting the teaser, no?

No complaints here though. :) Can't wait.
Nope, not early. Right on the usual Marvel schedule. They wrapped filming in the first week of July.

So Korath knows back then Captain Marvel, and after that he goes with Ronan ok?
Directors says Captain Marvel is the most powerful living being in the MCU
But then, Korath in Guardians of the Galaxy says to Ronan about Thanos :Hes the most powerful being in the Universe
So...whos right? Korath that knows them both...or directors that made a mistake in making or marketing CM the most Powerul ?

Carol is the most powerful hero introduced in the MCU so far. There are still beings more powerful than her.

So Korath knows back then Captain Marvel, and after that he goes with Ronan ok?
Directors says Captain Marvel is the most powerful living being in the MCU
But then, Korath in Guardians of the Galaxy says to Ronan about Thanos :Hes the most powerful being in the Universe
So...whos right? Korath that knows them both...or directors that made a mistake in making or marketing CM the most Powerul ?

The simplest answer is Guardians was written in 2013 and Carol's place in the MCU hadn't been remotely conceived of yet.

How much more powerful is she compared to Thanos without his gauntlet?

If I had to guess, when she's not in Binary (basically MCU's version of Super Saiyan) she's probably pretty comparable to Thanos without his gauntlet. With Binary, she's likely on-par with Thanos with the gauntlet or just under. At any rate, she's going to be stronger than Stormbreaker Thor at a minimum.

I've been seeing a lot of insecurity in relation to quotes about Carol's power levels. Oh no, a woman is the strongest superhero, how can this be?
I think when you get into her being "the most powerful hero in the MCU" it makes a lot of people wonder how she'd then be challenged by any villain in the future. Without a well-known weakness (like kryptonite for Superman), she'd appear to be a tad OP in comparison to the rest of the already introduced characters.

Wrong, they clearly said
"Kevin Feige confirmed that Captain Marvel is the most 'powerful CHARACTER' they've introduced."
You're putting way too much stock into Feige's ramblings. I don't care what anyone says, I still don't believe for a second that CM will be as strong as he or Larson have implied.

nah, she won't be the most powerful character.

hero, sure but not character.

I can't wait to see the trailer. I have a good feeling Captain Marvel will be the Black Panther of 2019.
That would be amazing. I don’t think it will be making quite those numbers but there is potential to do huge numbers overseas especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"