The Mandalorian Chapter 17 Spoiler Discussion

babu-frik-hehey.gif

LOL, source? He said three things to Variety to clarify: as long as we experienced it in real time, more then one, sometime between 0-2 years. Time between Mando ending and that BOBF episode would be a year, a month, and a bit. :D

If it's like real-time, Grogu being back with Mando for just over a year makes sense though. We can also safely put the time jumps back after the season.

So, season 1 in 9ABY (2019) to season 3 in 13ABY (2023) then?

I thought the first season was 5 ABY, or has this changed again?

This was a damn good premiere and I’m glad it’s back.

Solid premiere

The opening scene was pretty badass with the Mandalorians trying to take down that giant dinosaur crocodile looking creature

Didn’t expect IG-11 to be brought back

Funny seeing all the Kowakian monkey lizards hanging out and Babu Frick & his buddies. Babu was one of the very few things I liked about the sequel trilogy

Solid premiere, but I must say, I prefer when Rick also writes the episodes he directs, because this episode had Favreau written ALL over it, imo, from the obligatory "let's fight a giant monster" scene to the gearhead bits. And Favreau's writing for this show is just too surface-y and...not my fave.

Also can tell Ludwig's not doing the music. The themes are there, but the style is different. Not necessarily in a bad way, just different.

But Rick directed the hell out of it, and I enjoyed the setup for the season. Always happy to see Bo. Sitting there, dramatically. And maybe hints that Din might yet someday be de-radicalized. Also getting IG11 back is a pleasant surprise.

And Grogu definitely saw Babu Frick as food, not a pet. :hehe:

Solid premiere, but I must say, I prefer when Rick also writes the episodes he directs, because this episode had Favreau written ALL over it, imo, from the obligatory "let's fight a giant monster" scene to the gearhead bits. And Favreau's writing for this show is just too surface-y and...not my fave.

Also can tell Ludwig's not doing the music. The themes are there, but the style is different. Not necessarily in a bad way, just different.

But Rick directed the hell out of it, and I enjoyed the setup for the season. Always happy to see Bo. Sitting there, dramatically. And maybe hints that Din might yet someday be de-radicalized. Also getting IG11 back is a pleasant surprise.

And Grogu definitely saw Babu Frick as food, not a pet. :hehe:
Rick's stories care about the characters and ask them questions. Favs... not as much.

On the plus side, according to wiki Rick has three episodes this year. Most of anyone yet. Including what I will assume is a two part finale. Not listed as a writer, but I get the feeling he might have more input there.

Rick's stories care about the characters and ask them questions. Favs... not as much.

On the plus side, according to wiki Rick has three episodes this year. Most of anyone yet. Including what I will assume is a two part finale. Not listed as a writer, but I get the feeling he might have more input there.
Dave Filoni is also co-writing two episodes this season and Noah Kloor is co-writing one as well. That's more episodes where Favreau hasn't gotten full single credit than any other season so far. :)

Art:

nTStn3C.jpeg

I spent more time than I'd like to admit trying to get a screencap without credits.

This was a fun episode. I genuinely love that the pirate actually said "avast". It's ridiculous and that's what I'm here for. Though there is still a bit too much of

1. Go to Point A.
2. Have a conversation that directs them to Point B.
3. Have an obligatory battle.
4. Go to Point B and repeat.

Though sometimes the order of 2 and 3 gets switched, so that's nice. All in all, a solid premiere. Dune getting Poochied is a nice little cherry on top.

What a cool way to introduce the Purrgil. Can't wait to see what becomes of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"