pmBJ9BL.gif

The Sniper got abs of steel,
4GjVAk7.gif

the Mando lost his kid and his ship,

VZmF9Zo.gif

and the Daddy returned!
VRFNBCx.gif

Din getting ready for the next two weeks:

- Poor Din having to relive TDK trunk sequence, with annoying cop played by Bill Burr.

- What are the chances those weren't pirates, but freedom fighters from the planet?

- He ran out of bolts? A Star Wars first.

- Shore troopers!!!!

- I wonder if Pedro is in the armor... then he takes off his helmet. :funny:

- Pe... I mean Brown Eyes is so dreamy. :atp:

Last edited:
- Never scan your face brother! Never scan your face!

- Bill Burr has officially been triggered, and then used his trigger.

- An early James Bond scene here, where they randomly play the theme during an action sequence. :hehe:

- AotC mine in atmo!!! :mrk:

- Mando threat-holograms, are a lot like normal Sith-holograms.

- No Grogurt for the first time ever! :cry:

Gotta say, Boba with the nice cleaned up armor looks good. And the black blends in a lot better than what we were used to seeing :word:

Badass episode all around. That scene at the table between Mando, Mayfeld, and the Imperial Officer was tense. Reminded me of that bar scene from Inglorious Bastards.

Wonder if we’ll see Pedro’s face again next episode

I liked this episode, but I feel like I should have liked it more. The action was strong, and Mayfeld challenging Din's beliefs was well done. The tension between Valin Hess and Din, but especially Mayfeld was palpable. That said, it felt like something was missing all episode. Maybe it was Grogu, but I feel like it was something else that I can't quite put my finger on.

That said, the use of the seismic charges from Attack Of The Clones alone made me give this episode a thumbs up! :woo: One of my favorite sound effects in all of Star Wars!

y4janW.gif

Ok yep, I think Rick may be my favorite writer/director on this show. His episode (the one he pulled double duty on) was my fave last season, and while the competition is a little stronger this season, this ep's definitely in the running again for me.

Ok yep, I think Rick may be my favorite writer/director on this show. His episode (the one he pulled double duty on) was my fave last season, and while the competition is a little stronger this season, this ep's definitely in the running again for me.
You can't have Rick, he's my Mando BFF. Has been since The Child. :argh:

Wow, never thought that they'd be able to add layers to Mayfeld's character.

Overall, this was a great episode. I was not expecting to see Pedro's face, let alone for more than one shot. Now I really wish that they'd find a way to have Din drop his code so that we could se more of Pedro's face throughout a given season.

This was also my favorite episode of the season as well which is strange, because it felt like a lot less actually happened compared to some of the other episodes this season, but man there is just something special about Rick Fukuyama's sense of direction IMO.

I swear the episodes that him and Deborah Chow direct feel a lot smoother and flow better for some reason, but maybe that's just me. Bill Burr was given some great scenes in this episode too that added some nice depth to his character in particular the scene between him, Mando and Richard Brake who just like Titus Welliver was perfectly casted in this as an Imperial Officer.

That sequence definitely reminded me of the intensity in bar scene in Inglorious Basterds just like the Pirate hijacking scene reminded me of something from Mad Max: Fury Road.

It was awesome seeing Mando kick ass in that StormTrooper uniform on top of that transport though and damn does that new Boba Fett armor look sexy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"